• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX East 2016 - Boston, MA

Does anybody have the qr code required to make a PSVR reservation for tomorrow? Or is that just to get the app? I think I saw something about 9am is when you can use the app?

Does anybody have the qr code required to make a PSVR reservation for tomorrow? Is that how its going to work?
-Search "Experience Playstation" from the app store then download. Might as well do that now.
-In the app, download the PAX East 2016 guide.
-Next, go to the Playstation VR Demo section from the menu on the upper left corner and you'll find two groups which have different games to choose from.
-Select a group and then select "schedule a demo".
-The slots should open up around 9am, as I was told. When that happens, there will be plus signs appearing on the right of each time slot.
-Tap that sign and you're in, as long as they don't say "full".

They aren't sure why they're currently full for tomorrow, and they promise to reset everything to make it a fair shot for everyone.

Jhoan

I better start the pics with game industry peeps because this happened and that's totally a GAF shirt I'm rocking:

wRfGfFg.jpg

Dirty Dan Ryckert is pretty dope guy. Very jolly to boot!

Wi-Fi at the convention center had been amazing so far. Been able to keep in constant contact with my group rather than the support spotty connection we had back in 2013.

Slixshot

Banned
Going Sunday, will the lines be shorter/less people you think? I can't stand waiting in long lines...still plenty to do?

Sunday will still have a ton of people. If you don't want to wait in long lines, don't play anything AAA. Stick to indies and you'll play a lot.

m@cross

Pretty damn happy with Pax this year. Yes it still has lines, but there is a shit ton more games than the last two years, and a solid mix of big medium and small studios. Pick a must play game or two if you must wait in line, but a ton to be played with minimal wait, much better than usual.

1. Pyre - Not sure how to describe this game, but enjoyed the aesthetic and setting. Sort of like an adventure game with leveling and fantasy elements, combined with a real time team combat system.

2. Gang Beasts - Not sure about long term enjoyment, but was a blast in 4 player mode, everyone playing and watching where laughing their asses off.

3. Totino's Pizza rolls - Junk food, but free and comes with swag chopsticks. Highlight is the couch setup like a bull riding machine. You sit on it and it goes bouncing around while you try to set a record in Sonic the Hedgehog.

4. Guild of Dungeonering - Always fun, nice to see the final version.

5. TMNT - Pretty solid so far, lots of crazy action and style.

6. 20' T-Rex for Ark, damn impressive. Not worth waiting in line to ride it though imo.

7. Paragon - Looked damn solid, will try Sunday

8. Star Ocean - Actually looked decent, will try Sunday

9. Vive - Nice quality game experience, but def. not as comfortable as the PSVR

... and I could keep going, but needless to say, great time.

Jhoan

Stayed in BCEC. Tomorrow I'll be there earlier. Thanks to Omegasquash for recommending Sally's deli. It's good and cheap. Will try squeezing in Indie game time between my shift and doing a swag run. Lining up for merch booth stuff is time consuming.

Giant Bomb panel was great fun as always. The hot dog cart/tossing of hot dogs was hilarious. Not quite as great/crazy as Dan in a money blowing machine and the Paxamania promo ending last year but still solid. It was more subdued due to Brad, Jason, and Dave Lang being MIA. I'll be appearing in the video no doubt once it surfaces. Was surprised that Vinny remembered my face from last year!

Amon-Lau

The Storytime panel was fun, Jonathan blow was awesome. Loved his incite on gaming was interesting but that 4D game left all confused... XD

Did any of you guys try the "I am Setsuna" demo at the Square Enix booth? Man I'm so excited for that, gave me such a nostalgic feeling for Chrono Trigger~ x3

Also the Square Enix booth had the Game Informer May cover for FFXV as well as the Uncovered event's FFXV calendar, both free to pick up! :D

My friend super excited to see your costume. He wanted to get a picture but you vanished as quickly s you appeared. I'll tell home to keep an eye out for the next day.

Whoops, sorry about that. I'm always on the move, can't miss anything! Try to catch me today! :)

Hahaha, awesome, I saw you a bunch of times today. I loved the costume. My girlfriend said something obscene about it lol

Thanks! And wow, haha.

Going to meet up with Omegasquash around 11 for some dim sum in Chinatown before heading to PAX. If anyone else is interested, lmk

Okay wow. Despite the reset, the Playstation VR time slots are already filled out in less than a minute.

I got the 12:30 one, but I really wished I knew about the app before I even came here yesterday.

Yeah the system is fucked up

All the slots fill at 9 am right on the dot LOL, it's amiibos all over again

So if you get a reservation , it's just for one person or can two people go?

Anyone play console Overwatch?

Was pretty good, short gameplay impressions

It's the new team fortress 2 basically , really fun cast of characters and classes , Winston the ape is best character, the western guy is OP as fuck lol, everyone was him during my session. He's perfect for defending because he's got a lock on button

Drewfonse

Was pretty good, short gameplay impressions

It's the new team fortress 2 basically , really fun cast of characters and classes , Winston the ape is best character, the western guy is OP as fuck lol, everyone was him during my session. He's perfect for defending because he's got a lock on button

Thanks! It seemed to run well and look good?

I kind of want to try Lawbreakers, but I'm worried how long the wait will be.

Same goes for Over watch. I may give that a shot tomorrow.

Also the Square Enix booth had the Game Informer May cover for FFXV as well as the Uncovered event's FFXV calendar, both free to pick up! :D
They gave out Final Fantasy lanyards if you go to their shop area(?) and register a sweepstakes entry on their tablet.

Slixshot

Banned
I kind of want to try Lawbreakers, but I'm worried how long the wait will be.

Same goes for Over watch. I may give that a shot tomorrow.

They gave out Final Fantasy lanyards if you go to their shop area(?) and register a sweepstakes entry on their tablet.

Overwatch wait was 2 hours. Was worth the wait for me but it's my most anticipated game this year.

Jhoan

On the merch booth line at the moment. Not wearing a GAF shirt today but I'm easily recognized because of my Boss Ross style hair and PAX 2014 lanyard. Might pop on the yellow bandana over the neck soon to stand out more. Plan is to buy some stuff, hit up Expo floor, go to Dragonfly for the Square Enix panel at noon.

ScribbleD

Starting to rain and everyone out here selling Sat passes are scalping for 120-150. Ffs.

Can anyone help out? I've got $60.

Starting to rain and everyone out here selling Sat passes are scalping for 120-150. Ffs.

Can anyone help out? I've got $60.

Try Craig's list, those people selling are scalplers, like they go to celtics/Red Sox / concerts etc, I saw a guy yesterday selling that sells at Celtics games lol
Or they work for ticket agency's , it started happening either last year or two years ago

Someone on Craig's list is selling Sunday passes for $40, he'll be there all day today , Sunday is actually pretty fun, at the end of the day every booth X vender gives everything away X has discounts
Same games there tomorrow are there today

ScribbleD

He says he's having trouble logging into GAf from his phone for some odd reason.

Are you with him? If so I'm by a blue trash can on the right side if your facing the front of the bcec. Short, chubby, bright red and yellow running shoes.

Edit. Taken care of. Thanks.

In line for Lawbreakers. Was told the wait time based on the position I started in is an hour (maybe that and a half). Probably the best I can do because the line is already wrapped around the booth.

Getting the t-shirt, but the best players who have their plays featured on the big screen can be invited for a special match.

Probably won't make it, but will try.

Top Bottom