• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX East 2016 - Boston, MA

So I tried the PSVR, and the Vita so far and both were good. I played the shooting game for the PSVR and it was really fun. I'm still not sure if I'm day one but it was a memorable. I think I saw a gaffer but I wasn't sure... I remember the face from last year but It was by cybertron area.

BlazinAm

Played lawbreakers had the most kills in the game but did not have enough points to get the high score but I was close at least.

Sanjuro

So I tried the PSVR, and the Vita so far and both were good. I played the shooting game for the PSVR and it was really fun. I'm still not sure if I'm day one but it was a memorable. I think I saw a gaffer but I wasn't sure... I remember the face from last year but It was by cybertron area.

I was there for a bit for the dumb raffle thingy.

Did Lawbreakers, but my team lost hard.
I'm more console shooter than PC so, along with picking the jetpack character which required a bit more adjustment, I played worse than I thought.

Played RIGS at the PSVR booth. Fun Sports/Shooter and I hope it becomes a full game than a tech demo.

A word of warning to those wanting to reserve a spot for tomorrow: I almost didn't play this and would have been picked to play one of the other demos listed around the corner. You won't be able to pick exactly what you want to play if you get called over. I got lucky because one of the players was finished.

Went around the Expo Hall again and got some t-shirt from the demos and one from Logitech for tweeting a pic of me from their booth, Elder Scrolls cards and Doom Keychain just by walking past the Bethesda booth and a lanyard given away from Behemoth.

krae_man

My phone going crazy is annoying but I don't want to turn off mobile notifications because I might forget to turn them back on.

Only one more day to go, then starting Monday: panic every time my phone buzzes.

Seeing on Twitter that VR was contaminated with pink eye yesterday.

Welp

I just got done using it and I should have got a baby wipe to wipe my face off

PSVR was really good, never tried VR so I didn't know what to expect and I loved it, this thing is going to be huge
Not just games but if they can get streaming live events like sidelines for games and etc it'll be great

Jhoan

At the Gwent panel now, will go to shift for Archnid afterwards. Ran into Austin Walker having a quiet moment with a Lets Play dude who's name I forgot and had him sign my badge. Been a damn good day so far.

Jhoan

Twitch giving out deodorant and bodywash as well as bags and shirts since you're nearby. Gonna go through Expo Hall on my way to Arachnid.

TinyBuild booth is practically giving away their flashing lanyards. Instead of trying their demos, just score 700 on a punching machine they have set up. EASY!

Magnus

Is there a schedule of all livestreamed/Twitch events?

I just saw that a Warcraft movie panel is about to start. Yay!

My feet are destroyed. Finally completed all 3 VR goals today and I'm not sure how I would rank them yet. I want to try the PSVR one more time because I wasn't exactly impressed with the graphical fidelity of the game I was playing but rigs looked better and I want to try that. Now until 6..im gonna try to bust out as much indie games as I can before settling with the gaming competitions

Crap. I actually wanted to check out this game data panel, and the room is already full.

Going to prepare for the IGN panel soon after the Expo Hall closes and definitely don't want to miss it.

Jhoan

Is there a schedule of all livestreamed/Twitch events?

I just saw that a Warcraft movie panel is about to start. Yay!
Too lazy to link but the PAX website or searching for Twitch PAX East will get results. That's definitely getting livestreamed.
Hey guys any recommendation for a good restaurant in chinatown?
There's a Japanese Korean restaurant close to the Chinatown entrance that I had the other night. Good place.

Slack crew: the app is suddenly not working on my phone and won't open. Will uninstall and redownload it but not before I back the data. Otherwise, I'm at Arachnid until 11pm. Got the light up lanyard from an awesome attendee since I underscored. Gave him a Play Fair Pin set in exchange.

Sanjuro

My feet are destroyed. Finally completed all 3 VR goals today and I'm not sure how I would rank them yet. I want to try the PSVR one more time because I wasn't exactly impressed with the graphical fidelity of the game I was playing but rigs looked better and I want to try that. Now until 6..im gonna try to bust out as much indie games as I can before settling with the gaming competitions

My legs are a goddam mess. Shoots right to back. This bucking couch is going to kill me.

darksunpr

Too lazy to link but the PAX website or searching for Twitch PAX East will get results. That's definitely getting livestreamed.

There's a Japanese Korean restaurant close to the Chinatown entrance that I had the other night. Good place

Thanks, do you know the name?

I think he's talking about Suishaya. I've read it used to be better, but people said that the price went up.

My vote would be gourmet dumpling house or Taiwan cafe, but be prepared to wait.

pantsmith

If anyone digs JRPGs and didnt check out YIIK, it comes highly recommended. I forget the publishers name but its on the big spinning yellow signage back along the middle isle.

Looks/plays like a mix of Earthbound and Persona, with a twist of the timed attacks from the Mario RPGs. Fucking adored the style of it, and the demo went a long way in winning me over.

anteevy

TinyBuild booth is practically giving away their flashing lanyards. Instead of trying their demos, just score 700 on a punching machine they have set up. EASY!
Or do both. :p My game Road to Ballhalla is there, as well as "Stage Presence" from a fellow indie dev gaffer, so check them out :)

Afrocious

If anyone digs JRPGs and didnt check out YIIK, it comes highly recommended. I forget the publishers name but its on the big spinning yellow signage back along the middle isle.

Looks/plays like a mix of Earthbound and Persona, with a twist of the timed attacks from the Mario RPGs. Fucking adored the style of it, and the demo went a long way in winning me over.

Might check this out.

Jhoan

Sounds good. Huge sucker for JRPGs. I really want to try out Star Ocean 5 but not gonna have much time. Maybe tomorrow.

Tried a bit of Grand Kingdom at the Playstation area. I don't think I heard if it, but it looks like an interesting 2d tactical RPG. Worth checking out.

In the indies section, played Assault Suit Leynos. If anyone played an old SNES game called Cybernator, it pretty much plays like that. Worth checking out.

I also went to the World of Tanks booth and was with the winning team, got me a cool t-shirt from it. I did get a few shots in, but I'm still new to the game since the PS4 beta. Luckily, I was with some players who knew what they were doing.

Skipping Overwatch booth tomorrow since it doesn't look like that have anything after playing. Will try for the Final Fantasy XIV challenge instead.

Never got the slack app working on my phone so I'm a bit in the blind here; is there anything to look out for to find folk at the meet up place this evening?

Edwardo

We have a reservation tonight at Shojo at 8:30. There should be at least a couple ppl heading there for around 7 to hang at the bar.

All the meetup stuff is in the second post btw

Ok. I'll aim to get there for 7 since the rest of my group has headed back to the hotel. No internet once I leave the convention center though so if you see a fellow in a black, grey and blue hoodie looking lost please say hi!

Elhandro

Just rolled into town and I'm trying to determine how to set up reservations for the separate VR demos. I have the PSVR app on my phone but I am unable to schedule anything and I'm not sure how to setup the VIVe And the Rift demos....would appreciate any feed back.

And I might roll through shojo and meet up w/ GAF but this would be my first meet up and its a little awkward.... What/Who should I look for. I probably won't be downtown till 830..../I'm excited!!!!

Can't get Slack to work

PAXGAF get at me....

El

Did the Bucking Couch challenge in my Blue Shell cosplay early today. It was so much fun! Got 151 rings in Sonic 2, and made #1 on the board!

Today will be my last day as Blue Shell, wearing regular clothes tomorrow before heading back home. Currently relaxing on some beanbags :)

Did the Bucking Couch challenge in my Blue Shell cosplay early today. It was so much fun! Got 151 rings in Sonic 2, and made #1 on the board!

Today will be my last day as Blue Shell, wearing regular clothes tomorrow before heading back home. Currently relaxing on some beanbags :)

I think I saw you! Was walking by the beanbags and saw a blue shell. Awesome costume!

Top Bottom