• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX West 2016 Attendees Thread

_woLf

I'm not even sure what games I want to try and play this year at pax. Rather unusual feeling.

I guess mainly world of final fantasy and xv?

Levyne

Banned
Meetup Information:

Date: Saturday Sept 3rd
Time: 8pm
912 12th Ave. Seattle, WA
All ages 8PM-10PM. 21+ after 10PM.

How do I get there?
http://i.imgur.com/f7kr04E.jpg[MG]
(Old Map with the old name, Same building)

It's a walkable distance but if you don't want to walk, it's not an expensive cab fare and you can take the #10 or #12 bus down Pike St to 12th as well.

[B]Why should I come?[/B]

Because putting faces to avatars and meeting new people is the best part of conventions like PAX(I'm an expert!). Come hang out have a drink if you like and chat about what you saw/played at PAX.

Meeting Gaffers is my favorite part of PAX, you should all come.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Looking forward to it.

Mcdohl

Meetup Information:

How do I get there?
f7kr04E.jpg

It's a walkable distance but if you don't want to walk, it's not an expensive cab fare and you can take the #10 or #12 bus down Pike St to 12th as well.

Why should I come?

Because putting faces to avatars and meeting new people is the best part of conventions like PAX(I'm an expert!). Come hang out have a drink if you like and chat about what you saw/played at PAX.

Meeting Gaffers is my favorite part of PAX, you should all come.

How does this work? I've been to Rhein Haus before, but how will I know where are the NeoGAF people if I decide to go? :)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm not even sure what games I want to try and play this year at pax. Rather unusual feeling.

I guess mainly world of final fantasy and xv?
Only going to see my friend, really don't even care very much.
kunk-rum.gif

I should be able to make meetup this year at least

ss_lemonade

How does this work? I've been to Rhein Haus before, but how will I know where are the NeoGAF people if I decide to go? :)
I remember just going in, seeing a group of 10+ people together and asking "gaf?" lol. This was 2 years ago.

I only have a monday badge now and I'll probably be busy with other things during the weekend :(

krae_man

Just look for the table with the coolest looking people sitting at it. That's us!

Seriously though, I'll have a GAF shirt on. Just look for groups of people that look like they are in town for PAX and ask GAF? First time is going to a meetup can be intimidating, don't worry we don't bite.

I have two Monday badges if anyone is interested. We will have to meet at the convention center since it already is too late to mail it. Pm me if you are interested.

TriAceJP

Meetup Information:

How do I get there?
f7kr04E.jpg

Why should I come?

Meeting Gaffers is my favorite part of PAX, you should all come.

It'll be nice to meet you guys and I'm not doing anything that I know if so I'll show.

Everyone is now required to tie a black and orange ribbon on their arms.

krae_man

Well this has been a fun start.

I had my toothpaste confiscated. Apparently it was over the limit. "If you want to keep it you can check your bag".

Yeah I'm totally going to be doing that.

And I can't print the boarding pass for my connecting flight and nobody knows what's going on and just told me to deal with it when I get to Vancouver which might include leaving the secure area and having to go through airport security again. Fun.

mishakoz

Hey,

So PSX had this dumb reservation system to play VR? Is there anything like that i should know about before i go to the show?

Mcdohl

Everyone is now required to tie a black and orange ribbon on their arms.

Please! lol

In all seriousness, Rhein Haus is usually crowded as fuck on weekend nights. Maybe not as much at 8pm.

Anyways, sounds like I'll find you though. :)

Trace

Banned
Hey,

So PSX had this dumb reservation system to play VR? Is there anything like that i should know about before i go to the show?

AFAIK there's a VR freeplay section this year that you shouldn't need a reservation to play at.

krae_man

Hey,

The app updated today so...maybe. nothing listed in the app so it might be qr code only.

Also I think only vive and oculus are in Freeplay.

rSpooky

Meet up sounds great and seems close to where ill be staying. Though I am not set on a schedule yet. I might drop in on this meet. Sounds great.

KRaZyAmmo

Anyone still have a Saturday or Sunday ticket still available? if not I'll probably get a Saturday pass from my cousin. (nevermind he sold it)

krae_man

Still wish they had Breath of the Wild :(

Also I want to come to the meet up but there are panels going on during that time.

You can swing by after if you have an 8pm panel you want to attend or something.

There's stuff going on all weekend long, it's impossible to avoid all conflicts.

Good to know. I might skip the Rooster Teeth let's play then.

I highly recommend the PAX 10 panels to folks here. It's a talk with a group of devs who made this year's PAX 10 titles, basically up and coming indies.

Speely

Banned
I've never gotten to attend a PAX, but I just scored a pass for Saturday! I am pumped. I live here in Seattle now, so a last-minute attendance is realistic.

I am down for the meetup as well. Thanks for doing this :)

Alcander

I'm here! When is the GAF meetup?

BTW get the guide on Guidebook if you havent already, a lot of paxers talking on there.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I think I actually made plans for once.
Gonna check PS VR, horizon zero dawn
vr Freeplay
Go to pax mania / pax rumble.
MS bus shuttle thing
Main hall
Magic drafting
Free beer at pax six

Anything else off site that needs no badge?
Good morning everyone.

Secret line is empty. Like 50 people max.
The annex 4th floor?

I have Friday, Saturday and Sunday tickets that I would be willing to sell for $50 if anyone wants them and is already in Seattle. My friend that was going to use them could not make it. Send me a PM if interested.

Megatron

I joined the line group. Hopefully more people join. Its a good way to communicate cool things happening. Anyone find out about great swag shoukd mention it.

Top Bottom