• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX West 2016 Attendees Thread

krae_man

Playstation experience app went live for demos at 10am friday but nobody could get it to work in the convention center with crappy pax internet.

So they sent a message yesterday in the app saying they changed when appointments go live to 8pm the night before.

Yesterday the app didn't change properly so reservations went live at 9pm.

Make sure to check the app when the GAF Meetup starts tonight if you want an appointment tomorrow.

Alcander

Guys if you're trying to register for Sony sessions make sure you're using the Sony PlayStation app, not guidebook. That was our bad their guide shouldn't have been accessible though guidebook.

krae_man

It's not actually RE7, just The Kitchen. There is an re7 build at Sony's booth with very few people playing, but it's similar to the demo.

Yeah I found that out the hard way.

Also my chair was too close so crazy lady was inside me the entire time.

Really sucked.

rSpooky

still traveling out to PAX. Lucky Hermini did not do interfere too much.
2h 15 m till touchdown then going to my AirBnB and then straight to whatever is still open at PAX> Tomorrow I hope to catch some convention floor time and then some more Monday after my panel. As I am used to PAX East PaxWest seems a different beast with the multiple locations etc. What is good to check out first ?

Wazzy

Banned
PAX day one was great. I tried out DQVIIR, DQ Builders, FFXIIZR, World Of Final Fantasy, DBZ Xeno 2, Halo shooting booth, Pokecenter, bought some stuff from Pink Gorrila, Painted figurines and purchased the Okami art book being sold. I kind of wish I had got a day 2 pass so I could try out a couple other stuff I didn't have time to.
Has anyone been to the Pokemon Center/have any pics? Curious as to what they have there.
I went yesterday. It's got bins with plushies throughout the store and then the walls have merchandise and clothing. They were selling huge starter plushies but they all sold out first day(not sure if they replenished them for day 2) and I was lucky enough to nab a Charmander one when they found a box in the back. I took a couple pictures so I can post them later. Overall it's cool but it's not as big as I was expecting.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I went yesterday. It's got bins with plushies throughout the store and then the walls have merchandise and clothing. They were selling huge starter plushies but they all sold out first day(not sure if they replenished them for day 2) and I was lucky enough to nab a Charmander one when they found a box in the back. I took a couple pictures so I can post them later. Overall it's cool but it's not as big as I was expecting.

Kind of what I expected. I'll still check it out, though. At least they HAVE one this year!

speiky

I'm still a Junior so I cannot send PM's that I'm aware of unless I get sent one first. Regardless I do have a code for both of you.
I got your PM and the code that worked flawlessly.
Asked you how much you paid for a day ticket at PAX. I'm a man of my word and pay you for that day.

ROFISH

Neo Member
I'm working my booth at PAX so I don't have a lot of time to wait in line for stuff during expo hours. What's the cool "not to miss" stuff?

cj_iwakura

I'm working my booth at PAX so I don't have a lot of time to wait in line for stuff during expo hours. What's the cool "not to miss" stuff?

Silver Case demo! I want to know what it covers. It's at the Playism booth.
A lot of people are telling us they are loving The Silver Case! Come check it out at #PAXWest, booth #7116

It's not actually RE7, just The Kitchen. There is an re7 build at Sony's booth with very few people playing, but it's similar to the demo.

I got a ticket for playing it today! It's incredible I got in at 9:50something, and the appointment was for playing at 2pm.

The demo itself is very creepy, in an amazing way,but if you don't have an appointment, then doing the queue is not worth it. Besides, you don't get a shirt with no ticket.

samred

I'll be there in a blue and black Western cut shirt, badly dyed blonde hair. First three ppl to come up to me and say "wario64 is okay, I guess" get a drink* on me. Seriously.

* unless you work for Polygon

HoodWinked

Just got back from pax, was a good time.

I ate at the Daily Grill nearby and Adam Boyes was eating at the table next to ours LOL. Got to play Farpoint on PSVR with the gun controller, i played rigs last year and thought Farpoint was a much better VR experience. however my brother got to play REZ VR by chance which was really cool since he loves that game though he said its a very short demo. Then right after we got to play horizon which was good. Other games we played were Sonic Mania, Tekken 7, DBZ Xenoverse 2, and I also got to play Ruiner.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
After the expo hall closed to the public. Tekken Rock Band
mqAVEy7h.jpg

TriAceJP

Great time with the GAF crew at the Rhein House.

Somehow got a ladies number. Dunno how that happened.

I also owe samred a drink.

Can someone get me up to speed? I'm in Seattle for vacation and got handed passes for tomorrow's show. I really want to check out the VR games/headsets, Horizon, etc but want to be smart about lines/waiting since it's also my last day in town

Levyne

Banned
Can someone get me up to speed? I'm in Seattle for vacation and got handed passes for tomorrow's show. I really want to check out the VR games/headsets, Horizon, etc but want to be smart about lines/waiting since it's also my last day in town

For VR. go to the Westin, go to the fourth floor and go to the Vive lounge area. You can set up an appointment window for either Vive or Rift, or wait in a standby line for a relatively short wait (30 minutes for me)

Because its separated from the main convention center, I think the lines are not the monsters they would be on the show floor.

Also, you can use the Experience Playstation app to set up a PSVR window, but they book up quick.

Edit: It was nice to see everyone at the meetup yesterday. I was the quiet one. An introvert among introverts, I guess/

Top Bottom