• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Gaming Mice: Post your rodent! (keyboards welcome)

No issues. No regrets. Great battery life. Accurate. Can easily plug it in when juice is low.
razer-mamba-gallery5.JPG

What I do need is a good laptop mouse for gaming. My current one while lasting months on a AA is just too small for my mammoth hands.

I just recently upgraded from my Logitech MX518 which I never thought I could get rid of. I ended up with this:

razer_naga_epic_mouse_news.jpg

My GOD the buttons are glorious for World of Warcraft, and the fact that it can be wired or wireless is what sold me. I was so anti-wireless mice after having a battery eatter 5+ years ago that would leave me mouseless until I found a battery. Now it's a matter of just plugging it in. Not to mention my old mouse didn't have a handy charging station!

1-D_FTW

Do all newer Logitech wireless mice take AAs now? I am still running with my MX Revolution and I pray to god it'll last a couple more years. The cradle has already been giving me trouble (sometimes it takes me 20 minutes of maneuvering to get it to start charging). Barring that, is the G700 all it's cracked up to be? I'm almost tempted to go back cordless but I think I'll stick with wireless. Is the Performance MX crappy enough that I don't need to worry about even considering it?

You know what? I'm not sure on any of that.

My Deathadder was double-clicking like crazy the past week. And then I saw the the G700 pop up on Slickdeals for 49.99 and decided to purchase and ask questions later.

After 24 hours, barring some unforeseen circumstance, it'll definitely go down as my favorite mouse I've ever owned. Really had low expectations for the wireless and figured I'd run wired most of the time, but I'm shocked by how good it is. If this is the new standard of wireless mice, I can't imagine ever buying another corded mouse in my life.

EDIT: Only caveats are it's clearly designed for right-handers. And I saw one person mention in an amazon review that they had trouble hitting all buttons. I love the ergonomics, but YMMV if you have small hands (or lefty, obviously).

Venfayth

Anyone have some advice for a larger wired mouse? I used the mx518 for years, and loved it, but more and more I realize I can't actually grip the whole mouse, I have to use 'claw'. I got a Razer Imperator, but it isn't much better in that regard. I've been completely satisfied with both of these mice, besides that they seem rather small (maybe it's my hands)

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Can people recommend the SteelSeries Kana or Sensei?

I have a Razer Imperator and while I love the mouse, the constant double clicks (especially the "back" button) are killing me and my enjoyment.

DOA

Mouse -

productpage_ikarioptical_big.png

Keyboard (the previous version of the 52te):

razer-nostromo-main3.jpg

i still have the original Nostromo n50 (classic)

doomquake

ib0KIYinOyRyjJ.jpg

Keyboard: Apple Aluminum Keyboard (with Numpad). Love the keyboard, hate the dumb stuff I had to do to get the special keys to work on a PC.

jKwh9LPG7m58X.jpg

Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution. I love it, but the battery barely holds a charge anymore. G9X is on the way as a replacement. I wish the new wireless Logitechs still had cradles...why Logitech, why? :(

I also have the apple keyboard pro - really love the feel of the buttons but the layout is not the best ..or something. have you checked out any other slim keyboards? i wish there was one from logitech with a bunch of programmable buttons.

cilonen

kbm.jpg

I also have a small (tenkeyless) apple aluminium - I really get on with those for some reason despite the key feel being really different from a mechanical.

I'm very fussy about keyboards - I used an IBM Model M for about 15 years, then an Apple Extended II when I switched to Mac for work, pretty much kept with that until the latest alu ones came out.

In addition to the HHKB pro II for home, I bought myself a Topre Realforce tenkeyless for work - I expect to keep both for well over a decade :) - I also have a Steelseries 6Gv2 sitting here which is great, but just not quite the feel of a topre. That gets mostly used on the PS3 at the mo.

cripterion

contentteller.php

Not that good, but wouldn't say bad either. It will have a jerky movement at times and I have to unplug the mouse or restart my pc for it to be ok.

I do like the design though and fits well in the palm of my hand.

spirity

imperator2012.gif

cyborgv5-1280x1024.jpg

And although this wasn't asked for I thought I'd throw it in anyway. It really is as important a part of my gaming as my k/b and mouse.

sennheiser-hd-515-png.jpg

Razer Imperator 2012 Edition
Cyborg Eclipse V5
Sennheiser HD515

abasm

razer-db3g-gallery4.jpg

Razer Diamondback 3G. As I understand, they don't make this anymore.

I got it shortly after using a Razer mouse on a friend's computer and being extremely impressed with the sensitivity and ergonomics. (As compared to the Gateway OEM mouse I was using at the time.) I've had it for a while (about 3 years) and it's still working fine, but I'm afraid that it will break soon.

news29732_1-cooler_master_introduces_quickfire_rapid_mechanical_gaming_keyboard.jpg

Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Blue switches)

Solid as a rock and deliciously clicky. Typing is so much fun now!

I just ordered a Logitech G9X. It's by far the most I've spent on a mouse but I think it'll better fit the way I hold my mouse. I wish I could have held one first before buying. Fingers crossed.

HoosTrax

moused.jpg
desktopbip.jpg

Logitech G9x (gripless)
Logitech G13
Saitek Eclipse II
Steelseries 4HD
Audio-Technica ATH-AD700
TrackIR 5 Pro

Funny how after all these years, the new Cyborg keyboard still looks much the same as the old Eclipse II. I used to own a G9, and when I accidentally destroyed it after plugging it into a faulty USB hub, I bought the G9x to replace it. Never had a smoother mouse (I also own three Razer mice) -- love that high polling rate.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Logitech G400 ( got it after my MX518 died, since it's an upgrade I went with it, G400/MX518 has the best shape ever and my hand ove it)
aT5zo.jpg

Keyboard is Phantom Lapboard , aka best thing thet happened to PC HDTV gaming.
6916661793_716a222b49_b.jpg

Alrix

My naga just broke and I'm trying to decide on a new mouse. I know Logitech is usually better quality than razer, but I don't think I'd be able to not play with the side buttons.

My issue is that I'm not sure if I should buy another of the same original naga or go for the new Naga Hex. I always thought the 12 buttons were a bit much, but 6 seems a little on the light side, too. Also since I've had the naga so long I kinda want something new and fresh, yet similar..so I have no idea what i'm gonna do. lol

In addition to the HHKB pro II for home, I bought myself a Topre Realforce tenkeyless for work - I expect to keep both for well over a decade :)

Wow, both those keyboards are > $300. They do seem very nice, tho.

I'm using a Filco with Cherry brown switches. Love it.

q1sVO.jpg

Any fewer hotkeys on your mouse is bush league.

I use this as well. It was designed primarily for MMOs, and it definitely helps a lot for them.

As for its ease of use, it took me about a week to become "fluent" with. Combining the mouse's keypad with shift+# and ctrl+# commands, I've got 36 different abilities and commands all on the mini keypad. It's very useful.

Keyboard-wise: using a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate. Found it on-sale about two years ago, not long after launch, on some no-name website for $85. It still works like new. I don't think I'll ever buy a non-mechanical keyboard again, although they aren't necessarily the holy grail of typing that so many make them out to be (I have tried other M. keyboards, too.)

LordOfChaos

I can't post threads yet and I can't find a thread more about gaming mouse advice, but I was looking at these two monoprice gaming mice. Any idea if they're good? Anything wrong with them? They seem like pretty blatant rips of certain manufacturers designs, but for a much much lower price (there's another that's an exact RAT7 knockoff, but I ruled that out because I was told the sensor isn't as good)

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=114&cp_id=11401&cs_id=1140101&p_id=11153&seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=114&cp_id=11401&cs_id=1140101&p_id=11155&seq=1&format=2

Which of the two would you go to?

Top Bottom