• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Razer, Blizzard partner for Overwatch hardware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgnOeVOr3Gs
http://rzr.to/overwatch

http://www.pcgamer.com/razer-gives-gaming-peripherals-an-overwatch-themed-makeover/

They just released. Announce in November.

- overwatch themed mechanical keyboard with the overwatch font for the keycaps
- special lighting effects for what hero is on screen, selecting a hero, etc
- reactive effects for action keys and cooldowns

products:
Overwatch Razer ManO'War TE (PC/PS4/XBO supported)
Overwatch Blackwidow
Overwatch Deathadder
Overwatch Goliathus Mousemat

Razer just released a bunch of themed gear for fans of Overwatch, Blizzard's upcoming squad-based, multiplayer shooter that's destined for PCs and consoles on May 24 (a week from today). Among the peripherals that are available now is a mouse, mouse mat, and keyboard. Come June, you can add an Overwatch themed headset to the pile, too.

The mouse is a DeathAdder Chroma with textured rubber side grips and a 10,000 DPI optical sensor. It also has five programmable buttons, on-the-fly sensitivity adjustment, 1,000Hz ultrapolling, and every other feature of the regular DeathAdder Chroma, a rodent we're quite fond of. The only difference here is the Overwatch color scheme and branding, along with fancy LED lighting effects that reacts to in-game action.

For the themed keyboard, Razer opted to go with its BlackWidow Chroma. It uses Razer's own mechanical key switches with 50g actuation force and a rated 80 million keystroke lifespan. Other features include fully programmable keys with on-the-fly macro recording, a gaming mode that disables the Windows key, and of course the same lighting effects that tie in with Overwatch.

Rounding out the items that are available now is an Overwatch themed Goliathus Extended mouse mat. It measures 920mm (L) x 249mm (W) x 3mm (H) and is heavily textured to help with precise mouse movements and target tracking.

In June, Razer will add a Man O'War Tournament Edition headset to the mix of Overwatch peripherals. It includes a fully retractable MEMS mic with inline volume and mute controls, large 50mm neodymium magnet "gaming grade" drivers that Razer says are custom tuned for team chat and audio cues, and a splitter adapter using the headset on a variety of platforms.

razer-overwatch-manowar-product.png

razer-overwatch-blackwidow-product.png

razer-overwatch-deathadder-product.png

razer-overwatch-goliathus-product.png

I don't really care for Razer's non-cherry switches, and I'm definitely not interested in the headset, or replacing my G600 mouse from Logitech, but... I'm getting that mousemat day one, dammit.

The themed keyboard ($180/€220), mouse ($80/€100), and mouse mat ($35/€40) are all available now. Razer's Man O'War headset ($110/€130) ships next month, though you can place your pre-order today.

Move the clock past high noon if old.

NeoRaider

That keyboard looks cool. But 220e? Lmfao
Everything else... no thanks. Specially for that money!

Edit: Since when is 180$ = 220e? :/

Cormano

I see all the Razer Diablo III related hardware on clearance all the time at my local bestbuy and walmart, I wish them luck with these.

Would not consider buying until others have used it. Razer is usually overpriced.
To be fair, they're literally rebranded existing Razer products. New paintjobs and a new lighting... Thing.

That keyboard looks cool. But 222e? Lmfao
Would totally buy a Keyboard and Mouse if it wasn't Razer.

Agreed - would have much preferred Logitech or Corsair if I'm going to pay that kind of money. At least they can't fuck the mousemat up.

Mugenjin

Looks nice but overpriced and I don't actually care how my peripherals look since I am you know usually looking at my monitor.

Risette

A Good Citizen
That keyboard looks cool. But 220e? Lmfao

Edit: Since when is 180$ = 220e? :/
Especially since Razer uses knock-off Cherry switches in their recent keyboards rebranded as "Razer switches"

Ridiculous price.

angelic

Banned
I have an unusual preference in my hardware in that I prefer it not to repeatedly break without any form of decent support, therefore I don't buy Razer any more

(owner of 3 of their 360 pads, utter rubbish, broken triggers and sticks and forums full of complaints), not to mention the 2 times their stick broke at evo.

If you buy their crap, keep your receipt.

Wrong partner. If it had been SteelSeries, I would've bought all three. Razer products have a history of falling apart as regularly as if there was a self-destruct timer built in.

I see all the Razer Diablo III related hardware on clearance all the time at my local bestbuy and walmart, I wish them luck with these.

If it's officially branded, that's a SteelSeries mouse, not Razer. Get it. It's the best wired mouse I've ever owned and feels really good.

Does it look like this?
steelseries-diablo-3-gaming-mouse-8.jpg

finalflame

Gold Member
That keyboard looks dope, but I hate game marketing specific hardware. I'm not going to love Overwatch forever.

Baliis

Wrong partner. If it had been SteelSeries, I would've bought all three. Razer products have a history of falling apart as regularly as if there was a self-destruct timer built in.

If it's officially branded, that's a SteelSeries mouse, not Razer. Get it. It's the best wired mouse I've ever owned and feels really good.

Does it look like this?

I used to have the D3 headset but after a while it started getting this crazy buzzing if you held the cable at certain positions, cat or rat probably chewed the cable or something, was a nice headset though.

Cormano

Does it look like this?

You're right my bad, I'm still rocking my Logitech MX518, how does that one compare to the one I have?

Mifec

Why would you ever bay razer products in 2016? Serious question.

They are terribly overpriced, subpar and break really often.

I wonder how much of this Razer hate is some people having bad luck and others just not liking their ridiculous naming and image.

I've had several of their products for years and never had issues. I could be an exception of course but the things obviously keep selling.

Do the razer mice still do that thing where the cursor freezes every few minutes without warning? I had one that did that and I had to return it. Which is a shame because other than that it was the best mouse I ever had.

deoee

The Deathadder and Blackwidow are amazing devices in their recent revisions.

I really dig the orange on the keyboard
EWmof.gif

I tried the Cherry, Logitech G710 and Razer Blackwidow at the same time.

The Cherry was good, great keyboard for a low budget. The Logitech felt like crap while tiping. Somehow they handled to kill the clicky feeling of a mechanical keyboard on the switches I had (I think it was the standard, not the plus verison. Don't know which switches they had) and was huuuge. The Razer Blackwidow was the perfect mix of looks, really good size and it feels and sounds so good <3

Kalamari

Would have been cool if they modeled the headphones like the character headphones in the game, like D. VA and Lucio.

Zackat

Razer is considered bad? I've been using a Razer Taipan (ambidextrous mouse) and it's been holding up for over 2 years now

razer-taipan-gallery-2-black.png

My very first Razer mouse lasted me years. The second one lasted me one. I am now on the Logitech train with an MMO mouse from them that has all the buttons on the side. Really like it a lot, great build quality and still going strong for 2 years.

I like it for MMO's but it is kind of bulky for playing FPS games. How are the Zowie FK2 mouses?

People seem reasonably happy with their Razer mice. I don't like the designs or button placement, but the impression isn't that bad.

I would never, ever, ever, ever buy a gamepad or fight stick from Razer, though.

I see no point in that price tag for that keyboard. It would at least need to be ergonomically shaped for me to drop more than $40 on it.

Internets

Yeah, didn't someone's Razer product malfunction during a Street Fighter EVO tournament, almost costing him the championship?

Top Bottom