• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

ZeroRay

Just got back into the game. Seems like the playlist update did the trick since I haven't seen any cheaters in the dozen or so games I played. Hopefully the patch eliminates the possibility of this happening again.

Gonna start my 1st Prestige and try to get to 55 on that, which will last me until MW2 comes out.

USD

First game after not playing the game for a few months and I get accused of using a modded controller. :lol

<3 COD4

DoomGyver

USD said:
First game after not playing the game for a few months and I get accused of using a modded controller. :lol

<3 COD4
I hope IW puts a stop to modded controllers. You should only be able to shoot semi auto weapons so fast. I have a quick finger trigger too and I've also been accused of using a modded controller. But if you actually watch someone use a modded controller you can tell how fast it really is, I can't even bump fire that fast.

USD

Full Recovery said:
I hope IW puts a stop to modded controllers. You should only be able to shoot semi auto weapons so fast. I have a quick finger trigger too and I've also been accused of using a modded controller. But if you actually watch someone use a modded controller you can tell how fast it really is, I can't even bump fire that fast.
I don't see how people can't tell the difference, the difference in rate of fire is huge, plus I vary my own rate of fire during bursts.

soultron

Banned
AzRim904 said:
I'm pretty fast shooting the G3 and got accused of using modded contollers.
Haters gonna hate.

Another thing is that when you're shot while firing, it increases your fire rate for a split-second, so that makes you suspect too.

soultron

Banned
M_A_C said:
That is one really cool thing about Steam. You can private chat with someone, and then press a button to speak to the whole team.
I really wish more games would do this again. Even games that do proximity chat and use a button to do global chat.

I just wish devs weren't afraid of letting one person have the mic or to actually push a button to speak. It makes communication much more worthwhile since most people aren't just blabbing about some stupid shit.

soultron said:
I really wish more games would do this again. Even games that do proximity chat and use a button to do global chat.

I just wish devs weren't afraid of letting one person have the mic or to actually push a button to speak. It makes communication much more worthwhile since most people aren't just blabbing about some stupid shit.

Bungie got raked over the coals for their push-to-speak voice controls in Halo 2/Halo 3. It seems the majority of console players don't want push-to-speak.

Mikey Jr.

Hmmm, just started playing this game again, awesome stuff!

Just a question. Do you guys recommend UAV jammer for hardcore? Just asking, because you only have radar for probably 1/4 of the game, so is it worth a perk? I'm a run and gunner as well. Love up close and personal.

Personally I forever keep the UAV Jammer perk on, evening during Hardcore games, because as soon as that radar pops up I usually get 50% more kills at least and I assume others are the same - if they don't see a blip, usually they let their guard drop a bit. It's the most valuable perk in the game for me, but I'm someone who likes to hang back and pick guys off, or lie down in a dark corner and await my prey to come to me. :D

If you're just gonna run straight into the heat of battle then there's probably better perks for you. See how you do without it.

Nizz

Started getting into the game again, though one thing is really bugging me. I seem to keep getting hung on different spots. Like if I'm sprinting through a doorway, I'll get stuck on it and those few precious seconds could mean life or death. ;)

I also bumped my sensitivity to 4 and playing around with it. Feels pretty good. I haven't run into any glitchers (PS3).

Flunkie

Banned
Full Recovery said:
What would be the solution to stopping modded controllers, though?

Minamu

So uh, what's up with the cheaters? I saw the flying dudes maybe 2-3 matches when this story first broke (on the 360) but I haven't seen anything even remotely close to cheating (except the few times I die ofc) since then & I've played pretty much every day. What's going on? In my experience, a patch isn't really needed anymore o_O Seems a bit strange. Where did they all go?

Mikey Jr.

Just me, or lag on the PS3 version been pretty shitty past few days? Like getting 1 or 2 bars all the fucking time. It's happening to most everyone in the game.

Nizz

Mikey Jr. said:
Just me, or lag on the PS3 version been pretty shitty past few days? Like getting 1 or 2 bars all the fucking time. It's happening to most everyone in the game.
I know I kept jumping into Domination matches, and I kept getting disconnected (server connection timed out). Also, a couple of matches the games kept ending because the host left the match. That happened a bunch of times...

Once in a while I'll get lag, but it's not often.

Has anyone ever chosen a game type and then put into a different game type then the one you picked? A couple of times over the last few days I've chosen Team Tactical only to find myself in a Search and Destroy game. Really annoying.

USD

roosters93 said:
Has anyone ever chosen a game type and then put into a different game type then the one you picked? A couple of times over the last few days I've chosen Team Tactical only to find myself in a Search and Destroy game. Really annoying.
It's rare and hasn't happened to me recently, but it does occur.

Minamu

roosters93 said:
Happened to me yesterday. Ended up in HC TDM when I searched for HC S&D. Sure, they are next to each other on the list but since I never play anything but S&D, I find it unlikely that I pressed the wrong button (since the game remembers what you searched for earlier).

Mogg0

Banned
That's... really weird timing. Perhaps they responded to demand, finally? Very weird.

I'll stick to WaW unless they're stellar maps.

Mogg0

Banned
From what you provided and the way in which Bowling is speaking it seems pretty clear that he means COD4... still, stranger things have happened and I haven't seen it anywhere else as yet.

Stoney, being the resident COD4 aficionado, did you prefer COD4 or 5, in terms of maps?

USD

Wait... what? Odd that they're doing so late, by the time they come out MW2 will be right around the corner, and I don't see myself going back to 4 unless MW2's multiplayer is blasphemy.

Mogg0 said:
From what you provided and the way in which Bowling is speaking it seems pretty clear that he means COD4... still, stranger things have happened and I haven't seen it anywhere else as yet.

Stoney, being the resident COD4 aficionado, did you prefer COD4 or 5, in terms of maps?

I never actually got COD:WaW. I was planning to once the new year rolled around ( I mean new year as in 2009) as I'm less of a fan of WW 2 games personally and I was waiting for them to sort out the issues from the beta but I never got around to it.

HoTHiTTeR said:
....that link is from February 2008. There are no new maps.

Thanks. I just did a search on google news and it listed it as new so I didn't even bother to check the comments but you are right. I'll remove the link.

X-Kalibur

I have a question. I'm from Spain and since the game is region-free I'd like to buy a copy of the GOTY edition from the US. Will I have any problem downloading the DLC? Thanks!

JB1981

I'm off work today, feel like shit and wanted to know if IW ever patched the glitches. Did they do anything server side, patch .. ????? Too lazy to put in game.

Eric WK

JB1981 said:
I'm off work today, feel like shit and wanted to know if IW ever patched the glitches. Did they do anything server side, patch .. ????? Too lazy to put in game.

Too lazy to read the last page of the thread too, huh? Playlist update fixed the problem.

Since the thread in the online board is pretty dead all ask the question here as well:

How do I get the party invite to work on the PS3 version? Every time I get an invite I get an error message. It doesn't matter if I'm in a game, or if I'm just sitting in the lobby, it never works. Am I doing something wrong?

JB1981

Tkawsome said:
Since the thread in the online board is pretty dead all ask the question here as well:

How do I get the party invite to work on the PS3 version? Every time I get an invite I get an error message. It doesn't matter if I'm in a game, or if I'm just sitting in the lobby, it never works. Am I doing something wrong?

probably something to do with your nat settings. cod4 ps3 is a real pain in the ass with this

Top Bottom