• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Razer, Blizzard partner for Overwatch hardware

Jolkien

Too bad every piece of hardware I bought from Razer broke down only a couple of months in. Only thing that stayed reliable in my mechanical keyboard from them.

Ciq3F86UgAAjD7N.jpg:large

These >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything in the OP. ( Except keyboard :)

Make a Widowmaker or Mei pair and I'd buy

Wrong partner. If it had been SteelSeries, I would've bought all three. Razer products have a history of falling apart as regularly as if there was a self-destruct timer built in.

If it's officially branded, that's a SteelSeries mouse, not Razer. Get it. It's the best wired mouse I've ever owned and feels really good.

Does it look like this?
steelseries-diablo-3-gaming-mouse-8.jpg
I'll second this. Excellent mouse, I ended up grabbing a spare in case anything happens to my current one, but it's been working great going on four years now.

Gunharp

I always hear Razr sucks but I've had my Deathadder since 2009.

Razer Products, like all peripheral companies, have varying degrees of quality and their "legacy" stuff I'd trust. The Deathadder has been around forever, so the quality control and hardware is proven. Software for the Deathadder though? Not so sure about that. Personally I had issues with Synapse and in the past I remember the software/driver package for my Diamondback 3G being the source of my WinXP crashes.

Overall though, given the MSRP of Razer products. Their customer feedback should be stellar and or they should be superior to the competition but they are not. Also from what I understand, their customer support isn't as stellar as say Astro's. So folks are often stuck with a broken product because I doubt Razer has a lot of lee way in their support/warranty policies.

2Shea

Razer has had it's ups and downs for me, but from my personal experience I can't say I think they deserve the hate they get.

They definitely have had quality control issues, but their fight sticks & game pads seem to have more issues than the rest of their products.

I bought a Naga Epic in 2011 and it's worked perfectly to this day, same with a BlackWidow I received as a gift the following year. I even had an issue with my cable for the Naga Epic, and Razer replaced it very promptly. The only real issues I've ever had have been with their software, as synapse is pretty horrid.

They aren't the best, and they may not command the price, but they're not trash like people seem to try to make them out to be. If you like the style, go for it. If not, then just don't buy it.

I don't think Blizzard was wrong in partnering with one of, if not the highest profile gaming peripheral companies for Overwatch. It's good exposure, and it'll sell.

zoobzone

Wrong partner. If it had been SteelSeries, I would've bought all three. Razer products have a history of falling apart as regularly as if there was a self-destruct timer built in.

If it's officially branded, that's a SteelSeries mouse, not Razer. Get it. It's the best wired mouse I've ever owned and feels really good.

Does it look like this?
steelseries-diablo-3-gaming-mouse-8.jpg

I had the original D3 mouse, it failed within 1 year, then they replaced the mouse with Reaper of Souls model, it also failed within the year.

Can't say I have confidence in Steelseries mouse anymore.

Muzicfreq

Banned
If their PC gear is as reliable as their sticks, I'm not sure if I'll get this stuff.
Had some guildies in WoW swear by the razor Naga..... Few replacements later... Somehow they're brainwashed

Still running my g9 like a champ after all these years of abuse

I had a DeathAdder once and though I liked the shape, I felt like I couldn't really grip the mouse with the firmness that I wanted to because just from the feeling of it, I could tell it wasn't as sturdily built as something like my Zowie EC2-A.

ZOONAMI

I have a Razer Deathadder Chroma and Blackwidow Ultimate, love them, have had them for about a year, and they still are basically in like new condition. Don't understand all the Razer hate.

Also got my blackwidow from amazon prime now for under $60, and the Deathadder was cheap as well.

ViciousDS

Banned
I have owned 3 Razer Headsets in the past.....including their 7.1 one that was like $200. All their audio stuff is complete and utter garbage. Keyboards are overpriced as hell and their new mouses don't last that long.

My original death adder from the OG guild wars days lasted an insanely long time for the abuse it took.....the new one I bought lasted maybe 3 months. Picked up a Logitech Proteus Core and will never go back now.

Zushin

I've owned four Razer products in my life and only one survived more than a few months - the keyboard. The other three, the Goliath, Naga and 360 controller (name escapes me) only lasted between 2-6 months.

Top Bottom