• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC: Ori and the Blind Forest 75%off - 4.99$ @Steam (possible price mistake)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
VQI8n9A.gif

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Yeah, I was a bit disappointed I didn't take the game's word that I couldn't go back once I entered the final section.

RE_Player

I bought the game on the Xbox One sale, $14.99, and than saw this pricing error on Steam and also bought it there. I don't feel bad at all for taking advantage of the Steam error and in the end I bet this will do more good than harm for the game.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
This might be a good place to ask, I'm having a super strange control issue with the game. After a little playtime the game starts acting as if I'm crouching (e.g. pressing "Down") constantly. In game play and in menus and I can't counter it. Restarting the game fixes it temporarily.

Happens with a DS4 controller (using DS4Windows) and a 360 controller and even with just Keyboard.

Ideas?

Firehead

Well, everyone who got it for 5 bucks: Enjoy it.

I'll go and fix myself a drink now...

If it helps, I refunded my $5 purchase. I admit, I played through the prologue though, before requesting a refund through Steam...

I remember watching the prologue video that was posted long ago and I cried then.... After I finished up with the prologue and I cried even harder.

Once I have a stable, reasonable source of income, I will purchase this game. And not at a price due to an error/glitch. If it's $20 when my income stabilises, I will purchase it for $20.

I'm just happy I got to experience and play through the prologue myself. I enjoyed it very much and cannot wait to experience the entire game.

I'd like to say thanks to you and your team. If the prologue's anything to go by, you and your team created something very special. ^^

Durante

I bought it for 13€ back during the Summer sale and it was easily worth it.

One of the best games in the genre really.

half the challenge for me would be to not be distracted by the graphics lol
The graphics are fantastic, but also very functional. Not once throughout the entire game did I feel that I was missing anything important / gameplay-relevant because of the graphics.

Anyway, I'll be curious to observe how many copies were actually sold during the price mistake on Steamspy over the next 3 days.

I bought the game on the Xbox One sale, $14.99, and than saw this pricing error on Steam and also bought it there. I don't feel bad at all for taking advantage of the Steam error and in the end I bet this will do more good than harm for the game.

If I remember correctly Spacedrake of Carpe Fulgar mentioned that they regretted including Recettear in a bundle early on in its life cycle because it really messed up the perception of the game. It was in a bundle 4 other games for a measly $5 when it retailed for I think $20. People got the game for $1 effectively and it created the idea that,"hey, it might happen again.". Years later it hasn't dropped that low.

4 sales for one full price sale isn't as bad but ultimately controlling the perception of value is something really important in this digital sales age.

If I remember correctly Spacedrake of Carpe Fulgar mentioned that they regretted including Recettear in a bundle early on in its life cycle because it really messed up the perception of the game. It was in a bundle 4 other games for a measly $5 when it retailed for I think $20. People got the game for $1 effectively and it created the idea that,"hey, it might happen again.". Years later it hasn't dropped that low.

4 sales for one full price sale isn't as bad but ultimately controlling the perception of value is something really important in this digital sales age.

I think a big part of the Recettear thing was that many of the people who bought that bundle said (on GAF, anyways) they only bought the bundle for Recettear. I can't even tell you what the other games in the bundle were, for example. So Carpe Fulgur had ample evidence that, at minimum, they could've sold the game for $5 and made out like gangbusters. I don't know, though, that a lot of people who missed that bundle then said "fine, I'm not buying it until it hits $1 again." As shown by the relevant GAF thread (whose title says "Recettear + 4 free indie games for $5/£4 on Steam"), lots of people basically treated that bundle like paying $5 for Recettear, not $1 for Recettear.

Durante

As of this morning that number has actually gone down, but it'll take a couple of more days for the data to normalize.
Yeah, from what I've seen on Steamspy you can only really say anything about a momentary event like this at least 3 days later.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Owners: 324,538 ± 12,998

So roughly 6k copies sold due to the pricing error.

Pretty low really.

Peff

I would imagine the people able to find out about something like this would be the most likely to do something like set their profiles to private, but then there is no real way to tell.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I would imagine the people able to find out about something like this would be the most likely to do something like set their profiles to private, but then there is no real way to tell.

I'd think the opposite. The people most hungry for deals are probably the types who will also trade TF2 keys, or paypal for games and most won't trade with a person who has a private profile.

Top Bottom