• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People believe the earth is flat

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaugebozo

Not a disk, but an infinitely wide"slab" mostly covered with ice and darkness, except for the circular hole melted in it by our local sun. It is possible (but not proven) that there are other suns and other melt-holes. Some of these may contain other forms of life.

This slab is about 6,000km thick and completely bisects the cosmos, and there is probably an identical ice plain on the other side. This is purely hypothetical though, as we do not have the technology to tunnel through the slab to the other side.

A diskist lie! Slabism is the accepted model that best explains the observed facts.
How did the universe start? Why is the Cosmic Microwave Background the same in any direction? Why do we detect solar neutrinos in the same intensities during nighttime? Why are earthquake waves shielded when they are detected by stations that are on direct opposite sides of what would be a sphere (the Earth's core)? What are seasonal meteor showers?

Edit: Why do naval gunners have to correct for the Coriolis force, and why does it switch directions below the equator? Why is it weakest at the equator?

caffeware

Banned
Crepuscular rays /krᵻˈpʌskjᵿlər/ (also known as sunbeams, Sun rays or God rays), in atmospheric optics, are rays of sunlight that appear to radiate from the point in the sky where the sun is located. These rays, which stream through gaps in clouds (particularly stratocumulus) or between other objects, are columns of sunlit air separated by darker cloud-shadowed regions. Despite seeming to converge at a point, the rays are in fact near-parallel shafts of sunlight, and their apparent convergence is a perspective effect (similar, for example, to the way that parallel railway lines seem to converge at a point in the distance).

How can this happens in the video I previously shown. The balloon is well above the clouds.

x1RXEyL.jpg

Note how you globe believers can't even decide a single right answer for a very easy basic question.

This is a Yacht race organized from France every four years. The best sailors compete.

...I guess they're all in the conspiracy or something

Official route of the VendeeGlobeRace.

VendeeGlobeRaceRoute.png

This is doable in the flat model.

7754400190_le-parcours-du-vendee-globe-2012.jpg

Now, if this was the actual route of the race, why would you cal it the Vendee Globe Race?

vendee = buyer

They sell you the globe model. You buy their propaganda.

Of course, the racers don't know anything about this. They only want cool prizes, but the organizers...

Addi

Now, if this was the actual route of the race, why would you cal it the Vendee Globe Race?

vendee = buyer

They sell you the globe model. You buy their propaganda.

OMG!! I love you! This is both clever and incredibly stupid at the same time!

Vendée doesn't mean buyer though, the word looks more like "selling" (vendre), and phonetically it sounds the same as (I, you, he or she) sold (je vendais, tu vendais, il vendait)

Vendée is the region where the race starts and ends BTW, guess you will say the name is the reason they chose that place, but why would they drop "hints" like that if they were trying to hide the truth. Doesn't make sense.

Even if you could do that race on a flat earth model, the distances would be insanely longer than on a globe.

But sure, continue, it's entertaining

The Dink

Flat_earth.png

LXc85NY.jpg

Hahahahaa. God I love conspiracy theories sometimes. This stuff looks like it belongs in a fantasy franchise. I would so play a game with this as its setting.

In addition, "Flat Earth" is fascinating because it really differs from the other popular "theories" for being the first of these crackpot ideas to not have an underlying reason for the conspiracy itself. Like...why would so many people around the world conspire independently of each other to "lie" about the world being round? There is literally no reason that makes any sense. At least with shit like "reptilians" you have the whole sleeper agent angle. This just seems like a conspiracy for conspiracy-sakes.

It's interesting how the more knowledge we accumulate about the world, the more these pockets of ignorance seem to appear on the internet. Interesting and very scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom