• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Perrier / Carbonated Mineral Water: ... why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's good with lemon but it's not something I seek out.

On the other hand there's this, which is the real Jesus Juice:

product-San-Pellegrino-Limonata-1298476067.jpg

That stuff is awesome, and expensive as fuck. Never on offer over here either

RevDM

Banned
Does anyone drink this stuff? It tastes like someone took a soda and took away all the flavor leaving the gas behind. It tastes weird as hell yet some people seem to actually like it. Is there something wrong with me or is this stuff not good?

Seriously dude? Lol

Because it tastes really nice and refreshing. I particularly like it with a hint of lemon. But I do drink a shit ton on regular water too. The fizzy stuff is usually when I am eating.

Ever since I gave up all sodas ten years ago I have made this my main drink. I could honestly wonder why people drink some of the sodas nowadays because most of them make me want to gag. Shock to my system probably.

Red

I drink San Pellegrino all the damn time. Sometimes I will add lemon or orange juice.

I always get a couple packs of it when I go grocery shopping.

GavinGT

Banned
Is there any difference between mineral water/seltzer/club soda and the stuff that comes out of the soda fountain when there's no more syrup left?

Does anyone drink this stuff? It tastes like someone took a soda and took away all the flavor leaving the gas behind. It tastes weird as hell yet some people seem to actually like it. Is there something wrong with me or is this stuff not good?

Ever wondered why flat soda tastes horrible? That's because soda is horrible, you just don't taste what it really is because of the effervescence.

Carbonated water is where it's at. You get that pleasant effervescence without pumping a gross amount of fructose into your veins.

mantidor

Perrier is alright.

SanPellegrinoBottle.jpg

But this is better.

Perrier is way too expensive, specially given is not that special, but this? oh yes I would gladly drink a bottle every day if I could afford it. Fortunately generic carbonated water does the job just fine in substituting Perrier, and tastes just as good, if not better.

But now I want Pellegrino, it really has a very special flavor.

FStop7

Banned
Ever wondered why flat soda tastes horrible? That's because soda is horrible, you just don't taste what it really is because of the effervescence.

Carbonated water FTW

wait what

there are lots of good things that taste terrible if you consume the ingredients individually

Fantasmo

I love mineral water. Better than regular water, no sugar so no crash, no alcohol so no nasty buzz or hangover. Just sparkly, tasty, refreshing goodness.

wait what

there are lots of good things that taste terrible if you consume the ingredients individually

But carbon dyoxide doesn't really compare to other "ingredients". It's not a flavor, it's more like a "massage" of the tastebuds. Hence it makes grossly over-sweetened drinks palatable. I would go as far as saying it "fools" your tastebuds.

I realize I'm in the minority in thinking this.

I drink gallons of this

t0aVR.jpg

But Pelligrino is the best. I agree with some others that it's an acquired taste. I started drinking the lemon/lime stuff but switched to plain and can never go back. It's just so refreshing.

LuffyZoro

Yeah not a fan, always had to remember to ask for regular water in Italy as it seemed to be the default in some places. Then again I don't like pop either, carbonation sucks in general.

FINALLY, someone who agrees with me about carbonation.

Been obsessed with Apfelschorle (sparkling water + apple juice) lately. Pretty much like sparkling cider but is usually lighter depending on what ratio you put them together at (1:1 makes it really light and refreshing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom