• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 3 the Movie #1 Spring of Birth - Opens Nov 23 in Japan

bonercop

So you want it to look more like a cheaper production so it better matches the game? What?

haha, I'm not using the awful P3 cutscenes as a baseline for comparison here.

I'm talking purely about art-style. I don't think they're doing a great job emulating the source material. The anime cutscenes in Catherine is an example of doing it right, imo.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Movie #1? How many they planning to make? Also, they should release a special bluray version with FeMC.

Flamfas

I am hoping they'll do a film for The Answer, as well. I thoroughly enjoyed that. I can just imagine Collosseo Purgatorio in a movie ... : D

Deadly

Oh man this is awesooooooome. Happy that it's getting better production values since it's a movie but because of that it'll take ages to be released :(

Squire

Banned
Fantastic trailer, the new song sounds great, and honestly, I think this artist improves P3's character designs. Makoto actually looks cool instead of like a semi-goth asshole. Can't wait to see this guy's Aigis.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I've been waiting for this.

Although I have no clue why they are making several movies. Is not like p3 has a huge plot or anything.

Kazzy

Truth be told, it's nice to see something Persona related getting an actual budget behind it. Though, I'm a little annoyed that it's taken until this part for it to happen , not to mention that P4 had to settle for that quality with its TV series.

fertygo

haha, I'm not using the awful P3 cutscenes as a baseline for comparison here.

I'm talking purely about art-style. I don't think they're doing a great job emulating the source material. The anime cutscenes in Catherine is an example of doing it right, imo.

http://www.p3m.jp/chara/index.html

The anime maybe not gonna look like that everytime, but what on that page I like it better than ingame portrait. Duckroll's right, the chara designer is good.

My thoughts after watching the trailer earlier

tumblr_lnlszpEQo21qd8tfx.gif

bonercop

http://www.p3m.jp/chara/index.html

The anime maybe not gonna look like that everytime, but what on that page I like it better than ingame portrait. Duckroll's right, the chara designer is good.

I think it looks dull. But, whatever! opinions.

I'd just like to see that specific art-style animated properly for once, and a persona movie seemed like the right place to see that. Guess not. Oh well, I'm not all that interested in a Persona movie anyway outside of the art.

Rhapsody

Banned
The trailer actually looks pretty good. After being disappointed with how awful anime and cutscenes were in Persona, DeSu2, and Catherine, it's nice seeing one of their works decently animated for once.

Persona 3 Movie
Animation looks quality
New Yumi Kawamura Song
Yukari x Minato
Fucking Persona 3 movie

HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!

My favourite Persona

I'd just like to see that specific art-style animated properly for once, and a persona movie seemed like the right place to see that. Guess not. Oh well, I'm not all that interested in a Persona movie anyway outside of the art.

Not all art styles are a good fit for animation, and slavish adherence in an adaptation to the original source without considering what will work best in its new medium is never a good thing.

Hopefully this won't feel as severely rushed as Persona 4 The Animation, I absolutely hated how they cut down an entire month of events relating to a new dungeon into a 20 mins episode.

Worth noting as well that there seems to be some merchandise coming out to coincide with this including a water pistol shaped like an Evoker.

I'm not really into anime, but Persona 3 has a really cool style. That poster looks like something I wouldn't be embarrassed of telling people I want to watch.

It's a shame we might not ever see female protagonist again, I'd bang her.

Top Bottom