• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomblord1

Banned
Does your character name show up to others if you enable online features? I used my real name and am not sure if I should keep them on.

I'm a bit pissed right now.

I preordered the Take your heart collectors edition on August 31st 2016 from Media Markt online shop and I choose the option that they deliver it to my local store. Today I'm calling them and they tell me they won't get it, it's sold. I even gave them my order number and they told me someone screwed up. What the fuck. It's everywhere sold around here, now I'm going digital. If I did knew that before, I would've preordered from the psn store to get the Izanagi bonus.

Blunoise

Ok so I know I will love them game, but so far the soundtrack is a little lackluster. Where are my persona 3 vocals while walking around !!

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
1oD2wxE.png

Just arrived. I really wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get this game, but some good things happened and I decided to spoil myself a bit. I'm really excited.

This'll be my first Persona game, even though I bought Golden 3 years ago. Yes, I'm a bad person.

Oh god, did I seriously get one-shotted by the very first mini-boss of the first dungeon proper? Motherfucker didn't seem to even be weak to anything.

Well, at least I now know not to waste my SP on him.

Yeahhh. When Morgana says defend, defend. Then unload on the other turn etc. I'm starting to regret not buying many supplies pre dungeon and following that GameFAQs max Confidant guide because I did a long stretch after that mini boss and I think I almost reached the end only to get ambushed and the MC was one shot.

I was in complete blackout (and still am right now), so just to be sure I'm not missing anything:

- you can't change your audio after you begin the game, right? You're stuck with either JP or US unless you start a new save? Goddamnit Atlus.

FiraB

Banned
Games good but this first month is slow, really enjoy not feeling pressures by time in dungeons though, my inner grinder is happy.

MarcusB

Banned

I preordered the Take your heart collectors edition on August 31st 2016 from Media Markt online shop and I choose the option that they deliver it to my local store. Today I'm calling them and they tell me they won't get it, it's sold. I even gave them my order number and they told me someone screwed up. What the fuck. It's everywhere sold around here, now I'm going digital. If I did knew that before, I would've preordered from the psn store to get the Izanagi bonus.

Bad luck! Never been a fan of Media Markt (Holland) for new games. They tend to undercut the prices from the real games stores to steal business.

Yu Narukami

Yeahhh. When Morgana says defend, defend. Then unload on the other turn etc. I'm starting to regret not buying many supplies pre dungeon and following that GameFAQs max Confidant guide because I did a long stretch after that mini boss and I think I almost reached the end only to get ambushed and the MC was one shot.
I think the guide is based on Safety mode because it expects you to complete a dungeon in a day.

aravuus

Yeahhh. When Morgana says defend, defend. Then unload on the other turn etc. I'm starting to regret not buying many supplies pre dungeon [...]

Hah yeah, I hear that.

Same regrets here also. Seriously starting to get close to running out of SP, thinking of maybe grinding for the rest of the SP I have and returning tomorrow. I'd like to finish this right away, but I don't think that's happening.

How do I use the network stuff in dungeons? I got the tutorial for it, but none of the buttons seem to do anything.

I was in complete blackout (and still am right now), so just to be sure I'm not missing anything:

- you can't change your audio after you begin the game, right? You're stuck with either JP or US unless you start a new save? Goddamnit Atlus.

No you can apparently press triangle on your save to change it

I think the guide is based on Safety mode because it expects you to complete a dungeon in a day.

Yeah, I just didn't expect it to be that bad. And it's not THAT bad, it's just tougher than I was expecting. Not sure why I ever thought about doing this on Hard :p

Hah yeah, I hear that.

Same regrets here also. Seriously starting to get close to running out of SP, thinking of maybe grinding for the rest of the SP I have and returning tomorrow. I'd like to finish this right away, but I don't think that's happening.

Yep, I'll probably try it on Safety. I know that locks your difficulty for the rest of the game (I think?) but I also realize I should have prepared for this sort of thing...

Zakalwe

Banned
So, my package is marked as delivered on the tracking site, but it's not here. Spoke with Royal Mail who are looking into it.

I suppose it's fitting my delivery of P5 gets delayed.

EDIT: It's here! YES! :)

This steelbook is really lovely.

GNOSIS

Oh, it seems like if you had that Persona before and you fused it and want it again, you can just choose something like 'there is no need to talk' when you start negotiation and they will give up and become yours. No need to do anything further. Quite convenient.

aravuus

Yep, I'll probably try it on Safety. I know that locks your difficulty for the rest of the game (I think?) but I also realize I should have prepared for this sort of thing...

I admit, I'd love to turn it down to Safe right now. Would LOVE it. But I continued on, and it looks like I might actually be able to do this in one day, so I'll stick with easy for now. And even if it did take more days, I'll try and not turn it down to Safe till the bitter end since like I said earlier - I wouldn't be able to finish as much as I want of the game anyway so I'm doing NG+ either way.

Just gotta get rid of this "have to do everything right now" mentality.

e: as soon as I post this I fuck up massively. Lol.

Oh, it seems like if you had that Persona before and you fused it and want it again, you can just choose something like 'there is no need to talk' when you start negotiation and they will give up and become yours. No need to do anything further. Quite convenient.

That's a good tip, gotta keep that in mind when fusing personas. Being able to easily get them back for free will save a lot of money.

Mendrox

Man, i'm on my third try on the first dungeon.

From 1/5, failed.
From 28/4, got to lvl 10 and got to the boss, but he's too strong.
And now just started from 26/4 to farm a little more.

It will be impossible to get full social link stats at this rate.

Boss doesn't have to be too strong.

Protip for the ShinMegamiTensei/Persona series:

Buff and debuff! It's way more important than it looks, but buffs and debuffs are very important.

MTC100

Banned

Buy games at 365.co.uk, I got my copy a day prior release and didn't have to drive anywhere to get it :)

FiraB

Banned
Guys dont follow a trophy guide for your first playthrough if you are, you cant platnium this game in one playthrough anyway so just enjoy the first run on whatever difficulty you want.

Jb

Does your character name show up to others if you enable online features? I used my real name and am not sure if I should keep them on.

I don't think so? The one time I got help from the Thieves Guild the name of the player was like blazblue_fan or something that looked more like a PSN ID than what they named their protagonist.

gweemz

Ugh not going to be able to play this until Saturday, as I have a bunch of studying to do. Still need to beat BotW as well.

aravuus

No. Get the skill yourself and then laugh at all those helpless enemies.

The first real boss was a bitch. I'm playing on hard.

I was about to give up and beat him on my last try. Lucky.

You're right, I'll revise my statement: fuck the enemies who use Marin Karin.

Pretty much out of SP currently, but I'm gonna go give the first dungeon boss a try anyway. Would be cool if I managed to beat this in one day.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Huh, they are the same. It's just the reflection of the light from the angle that the picture was taken from messing with you.

I don't know maybe I'm going crazy lol, they look distinct to me.

Maybe it's the anticipation and waiting since Winter 2013 that's getting to me :p

cripterion

Eugh that sucks. The English voice overs are often pretty low bitrate / compressed. Was hoping the JP ones would be better. The audio quality reminds me of a portable game blown up / ported to the home consoles.

The soundtrack is godly but because of audio quality, fuck up with subs and this buggy japanese VA, I'll definitely take a point off the game.
After the amazing intro sequence it's what immediately jumped out to me during my 30mns of play.

emigre

Dear Lord,

Thou art in Heaven. Please ensure my copy of Persona 5 had been delivered today.

Thanks emigre aged 26 and a half

The soundtrack is godly but because of audio quality, fuck up with subs and this buggy japanese VA, I'll definitely take a point off the game.
After the amazing intro sequence it's what immediately jumped out to me during my 30mns of play.
People aren't thinking non voiced scenes = bug right ?

Hoo-doo

Banned
Very mild spoiler of a certain evening scene:
Goddamn Ryuji and Mishima, y'all some thirsty ass dudes.

This whole scene has been incredible from start to finish. Y'all know it when you see it.

cripterion

People aren't thinking non voiced scenes = bug right ?

No not at all, during the intro sequence I had no sound effects at all and with the cutscene that happens after I was getting hit sounds out of nowhere. No sounds for the subway, just the soundtrack blasting over and getting out of it, no more sound at all.
Only the Anime movies were actually ok. Ingame the audio was fucked to no hell.

I'm redownloading the game and hopefully it's fixed, I don't like the english VA. I pulled through with P4G on Vita cause I had no choice but I want the Japanese VA DLC to work!

Pachimari

So I called all my local GameStops and only one store have it in stock and only 1 copy. He put it aside to me. I'm lucky. Hopefully it's not the steelbook edition.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I asked this in another thread but:

im not sure if this falls on localization or cultural differences or what, but watching the quicklook, why is the main character
being treated like absolute shit and a heinous criminal for... SAVING A WOMEN FROM BEING RAPED
?

Is that actually explained?

thats like first hour spoilers, basically the premise btw, but I know some people are ultra sensitive to spoilers.

Zakalwe

Banned
I just defeated the very first badguy, this is my first persona and I've been on a media blackout aside from the trailers.

What is this game?! I didn't know how much I missed these kinds of hyperstylish JRPGs until now. The last one I played was TWEWY a few years back on iPad (I'd played the DS version before, but I needed another fix at the time).

The menu systems, the music, the animation... it's all so glorious!

Also, I've wanted a turn based game for a while now. I bought FFX on ps4, but while I love that game to death the combat felt pretty archaic. I enjoyed it, but it didn't satisfy me fully.

This looks to fix that. Straight away the options on offer feel modern and fresh. The ability to draw your gun and fire while you have ammo is really cool (not sure how this pans out), and the enemy designs look really imaginative.

I have a feeling I'm going to be with this game a while, it seems to be exactly what I needed after feeling a bit put off by my last few games.

Feeling like this about a game is a rare thing, I'm always super excited when it happens.

PS - the chat log is a really neat thing, I've wanted this is so many games.

Mik317

fuck amazon and everyone who loves em.

took a day off for this game and suddenly my shit wont arrive until tomorrow.

went to bed with it totally still on track for today...but then I wake up and nope.

fucking hell man. so fucking pissed.

aravuus

Fuck, it does look like I'll have to come back the next day. Ryuji's at 18 SP, the rest are at 0 lol. If it wasn't for this goddamn
key hunt
, I might've managed to do it!

This has been a seriously long first dungeon. Think I've spent here like 2 or 3 hours already all in all. Good length, I'd say, hopefully the later ones don't start getting longer and longer just because.

Jb

Almost every single adult in this game is an asshole.

ftfy :)

im not sure if this falls on localization or cultural differences or what, but watching the quicklook, why is the main character
being treated like absolute shit and a heinous criminal for... SAVING A WOMEN FROM BEING RAPED
?

thats like first hour spoilers, basically the premise btw, but I know some people are ultra sensitive to spoilers.

Pretty sure it's because the
victim testified against the protagonist.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member

?

Well,
the majority of people aren't aware of the specifics of the protagonist's actions, they just see him as a problem child for having a criminal record with assault on it. If you pay attention during the flashback, it's stated that the man the protagonist grabbed has ties with the police. To answer your question, yes that stuff is elaborated on more as the game goes on, but not really the aspect of people treating the protagonist like shit - that's really just because of the rumors and reputation about him. It's more why he was arrested for what he did that gets expanded on.

?

The implication in the flashback scenes is that he's a politician of some sort so it's likely he used his position to screw you over and make sure people don't know what actually happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom