• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Social-Link/Confidant discussion |OT| Laughing Banana is Makoto's husbando

Even after re-watching the S-Links, its hard to compare & decide between Makoto and Haru.

Makoto's best moments are spread throughout the game, whereas Haru's are focused around her S-Link, so it's hard to compare directly.

Not to mention that Makoto has the better look and voice, not to mention a motorcycle persona, but Haru has the better costume & her S-Link ties in better with Leblanc and the MC's living conditions.

Thud

Even after re-watching the S-Links, its hard to compare & decide between Makoto and Haru.

Makoto's best moments are spread throughout the game, whereas Haru's are focused around her S-Link, so it's hard to compare directly.

Not to mention that Makoto has the better look and voice, not to mention a motorcycle persona, but Haru has the better costume & her S-Link ties in better with Leblanc and the MC's living conditions.

Just pick Makoto, so MC has a chance with Sae.

daveo42

Banned

Ditch them both for Kawakami.

kewlmyc

Wasn't going to pursue Futaba since she and Sojiro are pretty much family, but I just mentally made the connection that she's voiced by the same person who voiced Magiliou in Berseria.

...shit. I'm conflicted now.

First time Persona player. Is it normal for me to never get tired of the all out attack animation and victory screen?

Yes, it's normal.

Just pick Makoto, so MC has a chance with Sae.

"Hey Makoto, your... sister wouldn't happen to be around today, would she?"

"Hmn, she usually gets home about this time, why?"

"Lets all have dinner together, I'll cook."

"Oh MC..."

I mean, if Sae was an option & it made sense....

Ditch them both for Kawakami.

Too late, already maxed her platonically. (
She's my teacher, dammit
.)

Dantis

I came in to say that Haru and Yusuke are the best characters.
Makoto seems like she's the best and then you realise that she's kinda bossy and doesn't really care about you until you ask her out.

The charm check halfway through her S Link is off putting too. Talk about superficial.

"Hey Makoto, your... sister wouldn't happen to be around today, would she?"

"Hmn, she usually gets home about this time, why?"

"Lets all have dinner together, I'll cook."

"Oh MC..."

I mean, if Sae was an option & it made sense....

Too late, already maxed her. (
She's my teacher, dammit
.)

Funny enough, my game came down to Makoto vs Kawakami. Go figure.

Makoto seems like she's the best and then you realise that she's kinda bossy and doesn't really care about you until you ask her out.

I kinda feel like this too - at least in comparison to Haru. (Who is head over heels for you by rank 9.)

The charm check halfway through her S Link is off putting too. Talk about superficial.

This was more Eiko's fault than Makoto's. (Just another reason to hate Eiko's subplot, really.)

tumblr_oovzw6yy5f1rqmxy5o1_r2_1280.png

tumblr_oovzw6yy5f1rqmxy5o2_r1_1280.png

Shit, they know.

I did kinda notice how Makoto seemed very protective of Haru and that out of the group, Haru had more voice lines with Makoto than others.

Shit, they know.

I did kinda notice how Makoto seemed very protective of Haru and that out of the group, Haru had more voice lines with Makoto than others.

Makes sense since it always seemed they had some past history. Makoto kept acting as if she looked familiar beyond the fact they're in the same year group. Feel bad for haru because she comes so late and has such a odd haircut that it's basically impossible to even consider her. Guess she's doomed to have evil fiancé in my games timeline.

Nightbird

TFW you were a Haru believer long before the game released, and now you feel vindicated since so many people have come around to like her

DK4mUqx.gif

mollipen

Shit, they know.

Look, I mean, can you just not?! I finally step away from yuri pairings for long enough to find a straight couple I actually enjoy, and now you're trying to be sure I don't even have that!

lmao, I can't wait to see that then. My top burn so far belongs to Futaba talking to our favorite phan Mishima
in the diner. Poor NPC Mishima.

My favorite burn is a self inflicted one.

Valentine's Day event, if you end up with Ryuji because you have no romances/ditch them all, he talks about the plans of the other dudes. Yusuke's got 6 ladies up on him and even Mishima is hinted at being with someone. So Ryuji basically says him and MC are such uber virgins that even freaking Mishima is getting more play then them.

It is so hard to choose this time.

I mean in P3 it was Fuuka followed by Yuko. In P4, Yukiko. Judge me all you want.

But in P5 it is everyone besides Ohya that I can't decide between. And Sae of course, even though she isn't an option :(. First round
Kawakami
. Second round
Hifumi but I still need the strenght to turn Haru down, again. :(

I want to have it all but I don't want to do the harem thing.
What if you could fuse them together and create the ultimate waifu?!

Look, I mean, can you just not?! I finally step away from yuri pairings for long enough to find a straight couple I actually enjoy, and now you're trying to be sure I don't even have that!

You can lie and say it isn't adorable, but it totally is and they're the next closest pair after RyuMaki and KitaSakura.

Long live OkuJima!

galvenize

I actually don't think there's any true reason for anybody to not go harem the first time. It's not like p4 where the game makes sure you feel like shit. Here
the girls all still love you at the end.

You can go for your true waifu on NG+ instead.

mollipen

You can lie and say it isn't adorable, but it totally is and they're the next closest pair after RyuMaki and KitaSakura.

Long live OkuJima!

Would their ship name be Black Queen? God & Country?

I actually don't think there's any true reason for anybody to not go harem the first time. It's not like p4 where the game makes sure you feel like shit.

I do a perfectly good job of making myself feel that way if I try cheating in the game, thankyouverymuch. I'm actually stressed over the idea of a NG+ because I feel weird about picking anyone but Makoto again. (Had the same problem in P4G.)

I came in to say that Haru and Yusuke are the best characters.

Yusuke certainly has his moments and seriously, wth isn't anyone spotting him 5000 yen or something, poor guy

http://gasalt.tumblr.com/post/159970517664/this-week-on-persona-5-yusuke-cant-wingman-for

Too bad about that voice tho...

Wonder what she sounds like in Japanese.

It'll grow on you.

They sound very similar actually, it just sounds more natural in Japanese, especially if you've ever watched an anime before.

I think the localization did a good job of matching voices - at first I was a bit disappointed by Makoto's for example, but when comparing the awakenings side by side, I actually prefer the English voice. (Or like it just as much)

Astral

Fuck y'all Ohya haters man. She's cool as fuck. I'd have a drink with her. She reminds me of Maya which is one reason why I like her. Their personalities aren't too similar but I just think of Maya when I see her. Maybe it's just her occupation. Anyway, Ohya right now is in third place of my Personal Waifu Rankings.

1. Tae Takemi
2. Makoto Nijima and I haven't even finished her SL yet
3. Ichiko Ohya

Kawakami is closing in on Ohya though.

25. Ann

Ann dropped down on my list of waifus when I saw her moments with Ryuji. Felt dirty making moves on someone your friend looks to be interested in relationship wise.

Romance I feel was badly handled in P5 mainly because Canon does not mesh with it very well at all. Not to mention the bias towards Kawakimi as the only adult with Beach, School, Christmas and Valentines events.

Ohya grew on me and I rank her higher than Chifuya now lol.

Tae Takemi > Makoto > Hifumi > Kawakimi > Haru > Ohya > Ann > Chifuya > Futaba (sorry not into people with no boobs)

Aki-at

To be honest the only reason I'd go with Haru second time round is she holds you at gun point emotionally and tells you very bluntly she's really sad and wants you to feel like you're a horrible terrible evil person.

Makoto still wins out otherwise her trying to be a PI is the most adorable thing ever and she likes Yakuza.

Ferrio

Banned
To be honest the only reason I'd go with Haru second time round is she holds you at gun point emotionally and tells you very bluntly she's really sad and wants you to feel like you're a horrible terrible evil person.

Emotionally manipulative people are the best to have relationships with!

Astral

Then you wake up and it's actually Chie.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Ann dropped down on my list of waifus when I saw her moments with Ryuji. Felt dirty making moves on someone your friend looks to be interested in relationship wise.

Romance I feel was badly handled in P5 mainly because Canon does not mesh with it very well at all. Not to mention the bias towards Kawakimi as the only adult with Beach, School, Christmas and Valentines events.

Ohya grew on me and I rank her higher than Chifuya now lol.

Tae Takemi > Makoto > Hifumi > Kawakimi > Haru > Ohya > Ann > Chifuya > Futaba (sorry not into people with no boobs)

Hold the fuck up. Are you saying that Kawakami is the only one available for all those events or that the other adults don't even have so much as a Valentine's Day event?

Hold the fuck up. Are you saying that Kawakami is the only one available for all those events or that the other adults don't even have so much as a Valentine's Day event?

Waking up next to Chie would be a bit of a nightmare.

No man, thankfully that isn't the case. Kawakami is the only one to have all 4 events. The other 3 adults only have Valentines and Christmas only as their canon events.

All characters get at least the Valentines and Christmas events - but not the other two because lolthey'renotteachersorstudents.

Rurunaki

It's pretty difficult to choose the one true waifu in this game. I felt indifferent to Ohya at first, but doing her s.link improved her character in my eyes. Makoto is definitely being pushed as canon for MC imo.

TrueBlue

Having finished up to Palace 5, Ann's "awakening" scene is my favourite of the bunch so far. They're all hype of course, but Ann just edges it for me. Her beatdown of Kamoshida and his cognition of her was great.

Hell, her arc in the first palace was a big reason as to why I romanced her. It's a shame the story doesn't really follow it up in any significant way.

Aki-at

Making a list of y'all bad mouthing Chie.

Emotionally manipulative people are the best to have relationships with!

Not only does she toy with your emotions, she makes you drink poop and she enjoys watching shadows beg for mercy.

Clearly the apple didn't fall very far from the tree.

It's pretty difficult to choose the one true waifu in this game. I felt indifferent to Ohya at first, but doing her s.link improved her character in my eyes. Makoto is definitely being pushed as canon for MC imo.

MC jumps in the way to save her from an incoming pillar of doom in one cutscene in palace 4. Surely nothing confirms canon more than ingame cutscenes!

(True canon is MC becomes a proper piece of shit and dates everyone)

Astral

Waking up next to Chie would be a bit of a nightmare.

No man, thankfully that isn't the case. Kawakami is the only one to have all 4 events. The other 3 adults only have Valentines and Christmas only as their canon events.

All characters get at least the Valentines and Christmas events - but not the other two because lolthey'renotteachersorstudents.

Oh ok. That's not so bad. It gives me a chance to show Kawakami some love while I prioritize Tae during Christmas and Valentine's Day. Though I'm actually pretty conflicted about whether to choose Makoto or Kawakami during the Hawaii trip.

The faces are too similar. Chie played persona 2 and decided to become a reporter instead.

Just saying, it might be the work of enemy stand.

She actually does look a lot like Chie lol. They even make the same faces sometimes.

Top Bottom