• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Social-Link/Confidant discussion |OT| Laughing Banana is Makoto's husbando

Aki-at

P4: Chie and Naoto (Though if I was forced to pick one, it end up being Chie)
P5: Makoto (I'd have romanced Tae too if I it didn't mean she'd end up being a criminal :( )

Women with short hair be my weakness in these games.

Sorry Makoto. You and your dumb max charm gating made me go with someone else.

Hello Dr Takemi, my body is ready ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

A fine backup plan.

(And your body better be ready for all sorts of chemicals and syringes)

Zolo

P4: Chie and Naoto (Though if I was forced to pick one, it end up being Chie)
P5: Makoto (I'd have romanced Tae too if I it didn't mean she'd end up being a criminal :( )

Women with short hair be my weakness in these games.

Pretty much my thing.

Persona 3 would have been Yukari and Aigis.

SenkiDala

A criminal?! Why?

For me:
P4G: Yukiko (I'll replay it again and I dunno who I'll pick)
P5: Makoto, now I'm on NG+ and this time I'll go with Futaba.

P4 was best girl Rise for me, but for whatever reason my waifu in 3 was Yuko.

P3_Yuko_Nishi_Render.png

KraytarJ

A criminal?! Why?

For me:
P4G: Yukiko (I'll replay it again and I dunno who I'll pick)
P5: Makoto, now I'm on NG+ and this time I'll go with Futaba.
She'd be a criminal because she'd be gettin down with a high schooler.

As for the picks we're the same in 5 but in 4 I went Yukiko & Rise and whenever I get around to replaying it I'll go for Naoto for sure.

SenkiDala

She'd be a criminal because she'd be gettin down with a high schooler.

Oh, but few years ago I heard that the age of consent / sexual majority was 13yo in Japan. I don't say it's right but it's what I heard, even when I was living there, was pretty shocked about that, it's why I remember. Maybe it changed though. :)

I like Chie in P4G so I'd like to try with her next time. Rise yeah why not, but she's like Ann, like too much "Star/Idol" for me. :p

Zolo

Oh, but few years ago I heard that the age of consent / sexual majority was 13yo in Japan.

It's 18 in Tokyo.

Of course wouldn't that technically make it illegal with Makoto as well since she should be 18 in the game?

SenkiDala

It's 18 in Tokyo.

Of course wouldn't that technically make it illegal with Makoto as well since she should be 18 in the game?

Oh I didn't know that! Is that a new thing? Back in 2010 I don't think it was the case!

And for Makoto yes I guess then, but for Haru too? She must be 18 too.

Ah, while posting I was watching on the Wikia and they say that Makoto and Haru are 17. Well maybe at the start of the game they are almost 18 but then at the second year they obviously are 18...

Tae Takemi doesn't have an age though.

Oh well... :D

Personally I was feeling more awkward to date with Futaba than with Makoto/Haru or even Tae, since in real life I'm 33yo I guess it's why... So it's why I avoided make my hero date with Futaba. But then I thought "oh well, the hero is 17, Futaba is 15, it's ok", it's just that she acts so much like a baby sometimes...

Astral

Oh I didn't know that! Is that a new thing? Back in 2010 I don't think it was the case!

And for Makoto yes I guess then, but for Haru too? She must be 18 too.

Ah, while posting I was watching on the Wikia and they say that Makoto and Haru are 17. Well maybe at the start of the game they are almost 18 but then at the second year they obviously are 18...

Tae Takemi doesn't have an age though.

Oh well... :D

Personally I was feeling more awkward to date with Futaba than with Makoto/Haru or even Tae, since in real life I'm 33yo I guess it's why... So it's why I avoided make my hero date with Futaba. But then I thought "oh well, the hero is 17, Futaba is 15, it's ok", it's just that she acts so much like a baby sometimes...

It doesn't help that she's like 3 feet tall.

ElFly

everyone but Kawakami is p blase about dating a minor

and I assume Kawakami is only nervous because she is the teacher of said minor.

well, dunno Ohya. haven't raised that one at all

A sex worker Social Link would be interesting though.

um
Kawakami
, hello

Well, there (Temperance Social Link and events leading)
are those extra services she said she'd provide once you were older (before she found you were a student), but of course they're never clarified. I could imagine that the service, as it was accused of, does work in sexual activities from worker-to-worker for extra money.

However, she seemed to be unfazed by the nitty grit in the work itself and more focused on the exhaustive nature of it on top of her other duties. This makes me think that
anything "Extra" may have been a bit tamer like a seedier version of those deep massages or cleaning with less clothes on?

It's not work that'd be smiled upon, but my mind quickly jumped away from traditional prostitution (in her case) due to Kawakami's framing, and not those that simply wanted to insult her. I'm open to hearing more ideas on it.

I think she doesn't get that many
sexual requests simply cause she is older now. there's a lot of talk about how she barely gets requests at all due to her age

but the couple that is extorting her directly say she is a sex worker -IIRC exact words- and she doesn't even try to deny

it prolly didn't happen too much to her, somehow

Astral

everyone but Kawakami is p blase about dating a minor

and I assume Kawakami is only nervous because she is the teacher of said minor.

well, dunno Ohya. haven't raised that one at all

um Kawakami, hello

Ohya's only problem with it seems to be that you'll eventually dump her for someone younger lol.

P3: Mitsuru followed by Aigis, Elizabeth would have won if her's wasn't a sidequest. She is the best girl.
P5: Tae followed by Kawakami.

kaitain19

About Ann's confidant :
the anime character that she idolizes is meant to be Doronjo from Yatterman, isn't it? Speaking of which, what is with her and Mika? So Ann basically acknowledges that she's an asshole, yet forgives her anyway since she reminded Ann of her favorite anime character? I seriously don't get that.

About Ann's confidant :
the anime character that she idolizes is meant to be Doronjo from Yatterman, isn't it? Speaking of which, what is with her and Mika? So Ann basically acknowledges that she's an asshole, yet forgives her anyway since she reminded Ann of her favorite anime character? I seriously don't get that.

more like
Ann respects how far she's willing to go to take her career forward in this manner similar to the anime villain while instead it's shown time and time again by interacting with this girl she's just been wishy washy about the whole thing. She is frustrated with herself for not putting nearly as much effort but awe-struck at this lady's resolve

I just thought she was an asshole.

About Ann's confidant :
the anime character that she idolizes is meant to be Doronjo from Yatterman, isn't it? Speaking of which, what is with her and Mika? So Ann basically acknowledges that she's an asshole, yet forgives her anyway since she reminded Ann of her favorite anime character?

I was torn between her and Fujiko. Fujiko is an antagonist to Lupin most of the time but still has a moral code (in the good versions of Lupin anyway, we don't talk about those edgy versions) and puts a blatant tie to Arsene as Joker's Persona, but Doronjo would fit also.

more like
Ann respects how far she's willing to go to take her career forward in this manner similar to the anime villain while instead it's shown time and time again by interacting with this girl she's just been wishy washy about the whole thing. She is frustrated with herself for not putting nearly as much effort but awe-struck at this lady's resolve

I just thought she was an asshole.

I agree with your assessment. Worst part of that confidant story and brings it down.

Astral

Rise was at her best when she wasn't all

IM DELETING YOU, SENPAI!😭👋 ██]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] 10% complete..... ████]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] 35% complete.... ███████]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] 60% complete.... ███████████] 99% complete..... 🚫ERROR!🚫 💯True💯 Senpais are irreplaceable 💖I could never delete you Senpai!💖 Send this to ten other 👪Senpais👪 who give you 💦cummies💦 Or never get called ☁️squishy☁️ again❌❌😬😬❌❌ If you get 0 Back: no cummies for you 🚫🚫👿 3 back: you're squishy☁️💦 5 back: you're Senpai's kitten😽👼💦

ElFly

hottest: Tae
most interesting story: Kawakami
cutest: Hifumi
makes more sense: Makoto, Futaba, Haru, in that order

Chie always screamed 'friend for life' to me, not really a relationship. Yukiko = lifelong, Rise = high school fling.

Yukiko is the type of waifu for laifu if you like never plan to ever do anything with your life.

With Rise she seems down to go wherever you go, and her job at least for a while basically would allow you to travel with her and/or visit great places. And you know when she settles down and quits her job at a certain age, she's already head over heels for you since the day you met vs having to woo her like everyone else.

Rise for life. I'll fight you.

Astral

Yukiko is the type of waifu for laifu if you like never plan to ever do anything with your life.

With Rise she seems down to go wherever you go, and her job at least for a while basically would allow you to travel with her and/or visit great places. And you know when she settles down and quits her job at a certain age, she's already head over heels for you since the day you met vs having to woo her like everyone else.

Rise for life. I'll fight you.

You'll also have money if you choose Rise.

This thread is cracking me up.

I was already firmly in the Makoto camp but this just seals it:

This is strong support in Makoto's favor. It's funny because I never had to be this deliberate about it in the past games. It was organic. Now I'm sizing everyone up.

I picked Makoto for my first play through because my proficiency was too low to start Haru's s link. After my second play through I think it's safe to say Haru's is the best.

Top Bottom