• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Social-Link/Confidant discussion |OT| Laughing Banana is Makoto's husbando

Daddy issues girl who has been manipulated her whole life meets boy who supports her emotionally and encourages her. Of course she falls head over heels for you. It was sad to reject her. I might watch her romance online but I couldnt do it because she came in way too late in the game when my character already had a waifu, and that Christmas sweater is ugly

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Out of your party it's clear that Makoto is the best to be honest. She is the most put together. Everyone is just annoying baggage.

NotLiquid

Out of your party it's clear that Makoto is the best to be honest. She is the most put together. Everyone is just annoying baggage.

But you help Haru overcome her baggage and then settle for
a future with the both of you together running a cafe

Bluecondor

I can't with Makoto.

Every time Akechi is involved with the story, Makoto transforms from being the super confident Student Council President into a timid wallflower who defers to him on everything and refuses to speak up.

This is a deal-breaker Makato. Why don't you just go and date Akechi so he can walk all over you?

Went with hifumi and she's somewhat grown on me. Haru will be the choice on the next run. So makoto, hifumi and haru. Ann had a great design but just don't see her matching up with mc and that's the same with all the female adult options as well.

Skilletor

So what's the benefit of romancing people in this game? What's the point?

First time I've gotten this far in a Persona game (on the 4th dungeon).

cheez124

So what's the benefit of romancing people in this game? What's the point?

First time I've gotten this far in a Persona game (on the 4th dungeon).
it's just a nice way to see some extra scenes/dialogue with a character you like. you do get a couple bonus items out of it too

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I can't with Makoto.

Every time Akechi is involved with the story, Makoto transforms from being the super confident Student Council President into a timid wallflower who defers to him on everything and refuses to speak up.

This is a deal-breaker Makato. Why don't you just go and date Akechi so he can walk all over you?

IIRC this does actually get addressed (somewhat) towards the end of the game, though perhaps not entirely satisfactorily.

galvenize

I can't with Makoto.

Yup, Akechi/Makoto, Ryuji/Ann, Yusuke/Futaba. The canon couples are already written in the stars. No wonder Haru is so popular here, she's the only one left for MC truly.

Lol

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Makoto is prolly crazy popular because of her amazing design(s) and the event that starts off her social link has "waifu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" written all over it. Lol

If you noticed, girls that are... well, girly, and princess-like, has never been really that popular in Persona games. P3's Fuuka (while people latches on Mitsuru/Aigis), P4's Yukiko (well, maybe she's popular? But I'd argue Chie is a lot more popular considering her fandom just never seem to shut up--don't get me started on Rise), and P5's Haru (Makoto Makoto Makoto Makoto Makoto Makoto)

My conclusion is most of Persona fans generally favor the "tomboy/outgoing/mean" types of girls... basically, most of us are the M in the S & M :p

The worst thing about Makoto is probably the parts where you can see the Hifumi cuts. I don't remember who said it in the main OT but Hifumi would have been the analysis 'Queen', it makes more sense than 'nerd girl who reads books and is very smart'.

duckroll

The worst thing about Makoto is probably the parts where you can see the Hifumi cuts. I don't remember who said it in the main OT but Hifumi would have been the analysis 'Queen', it makes more sense than 'nerd girl who reads books and is very smart'.

I really think this is nonsense created by fans. Makoto is the Student Council President. She's basically in charge of organizing and planning a ton of shit at school. She's a third year which means she has tons of experience in that too. She's not "nerd girl who reads books and is very smart", she's "older student with lots of leadership experience but sucks at reading actual social cues".

I'm tired of all this "boo hoo they cut Hifumi and merged her into Makoto" bullshit. Just like I'm tired of all the salty jealous people shitting on Makoto just because whatever lamer character you happen to like is less popular. DEAL WITH IT AND HOLD THAT L.

Sayers

I really think this is nonsense created by fans. Makoto is the Student Council President. She's basically in charge of organizing and planning a ton of shit at school. She's a third year which means she has tons of experience in that too. She's not "nerd girl who reads books and is very smart", she's "older student with lots of leadership experience but sucks at reading actual social cues".

I'm tired of all this "boo hoo they cut Hifumi and merged her into Makoto" bullshit. Just like I'm tired of all the salty jealous people shitting on Makoto just because whatever lamer character you happen to like is less popular. DEAL WITH IT AND HOLD THAT L.

PREACH IT BROTHER

RedAssedApe

Banned

Lol. See that's how you go all in.

This is a Hall of Fame level post. Makoto is head and shoulders above the others lol.

"Older student with lots of leadership experience"
"Sucks at reading social cues"
Hmm. Well I don't know about Japan, but the school president's in my school were extremely well versed in giving speeches, essentially being hype men/women, and were extremely socially connected within the community, as well as organizing programs and events. Even Mitsuru could actually give a speech and coordinate.

(Well I mean Trump got elected so really anything goes.)

And Makoto fans hold the biggest L for the lamest (and stupidest) introduction to the worst boss in the series history.

#Haru4Lyfe

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
"Older student with lots of leadership experience"
"Sucks at reading social cues"
Hmm. Well I don't know about Japan, but the school president's in my school were extremely well versed in giving speeches, essentially being hype men/women, and were extremely socially connected within the community, as well as organizing programs and events. Even Mitsuru could actually give a speech and coordinate.

(Well I mean Trump got elected so really anything goes.)

And Makoto fans hold the biggest L for the lamest (and stupidest) introduction to the worst boss in the series history.

#Haru4Lyfe

Haru fans hold the real biggest L in that she could not exist and nothing would even change.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

You sound *REALLY* insecure, ducky :p

You're unhappy with Haru threatening Makoto's popularity in this thread, aint'cha :p

Opto

Banned
Makoto is Queen because after her persona woke, she'd grind your face off with her bike's tires and demand you say thank you

Delete all Persona threads and replace them with this post alone.

Also Haru is the worst. The amount of reaching people have to do to make her into a good character in their minds with her annoying voice and ugly sweater and boring personality, and tacked on presence while they stay mad about there being at least 3 other confidants that look more sensibly canon.

and then all of that personality disappears for the rest of the game and she turns into 'it's only logical we go this way because the chances perceived in this encounter aren't in our favor'

Did you do her confidant? Also
Inviting and interrogating Akechi on stage when she knew he was ready to bust them
is peak reckless Queen Makoto behavior.

Makoto is Queen because after her persona woke, she'd grind your face off with her bike's tires and demand you say thank you

and then all of that personality disappears for the rest of the game and she turns into 'it's only logical we go this way because the chances perceived in this encounter aren't in our favor'

duckroll

You sound *REALLY* insecure, ducky :p

You're unhappy with Haru threatening Makoto's popularity in this thread, aint'cha :p

I mean, I'm not the one who started spreading rumors about other people's favorite girl being made up of someone else's "cut content". I'm not the one who has to make up excuses why a late introduction to the party who has little chance to fully bond with the team is in fact a solid addition. And I sure as hell don't have to defend the English voice of my pick.

Soooo.....

x8k2WWm.jpg

I think we all know who's superior

Defuser

In this moment you realized the phantom thieves girls are actually more dangerous than the guys.

Ann is a dominatrix.

Makoto will run you down with her bike and melee you with her spiked gloves not to mention she is a commanding person.

Haru is a secret sadistic yandere. An axe,grenade launcher, loves horror movies and crushes choco if you don't accept it,oh and she is a poop drinker too.

Nose Master

Was expecting more out of the Valentine's day bop for having multiple waifus. Just sojiro being a bro. Fuck off, teacher. Futaba for life.

wapplew

Just want to say, I like Makoto when she is in this costume. She look lovely.

Makoto-Summer-Clothes.jpg

But I choose Kawakami ultimately, I just know it right at the beginning, that untidy hair...
Romance with her felt most natural, a little resistant, some forbidden love. Was aim for Futaba base on design but the relationship feel more like little sister , it get weird.

Gbraga

Yeah, it's Makoto vs Kawakami for me too.

I just can't.

Before I started their social links, I was wondering if I would actually end up with Ann, to my surprise, because I love her, but she's more of a BFF character to me. Helps that I'm not that fond of any male character so far, so she's pretty much my only friend.

Then Kawakami's started and I was like HOLY SHIT. ASHIODAJSOPJASPOI

But then Makoto came with that "show me how to live" Dazzling Smile bullshit and it's destroying my life.

I love her when she's not taking any bullshit and telling people to fuck off.

Goddamn.

It was getting easier and I was feeling more like Makoto because the teacher social link was starting to feel kind of one note, but then the drama kicked in, and I'm hooked again.

Fuuuuuck.

Top Bottom