• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Social-Link/Confidant discussion |OT| Laughing Banana is Makoto's husbando

ShadyK54

Just gonna read the last few pages of this thread, maybe post in here. Let's see what's happ-

I decided to anal Ann purely because she's a model and thought why not, especially since she let the P.E teacher finger bang her in his Astra.

She noshed me off in the ferris wheel and everything.

Oh...ok...lol.

I went with Makoto. :p

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Can someone explain the appeal to Haru? Cuz as far as it stands for me, Ryuuji is a better "waifu" than her. Haru was pretty much a non-existent character which was my main problem with her.

You Spent A Long Time Together

Reading the Sae, Makoto, MC memes online are the best.

Can someone explain the appeal to Haru? Cuz as far as it stands for me, Ryuuji is a better "waifu" than her. Haru was pretty much a non-existent character which was my main problem with her.

Reading the Sae, Makoto, MC memes online are the best.
Haru:
sweet innocent introduction. Hits tragic wall in response, however is the strongest character in dealing with it as she spins every attempt at consoling her into consoling everyone else. Her slink was possibly the best out of the party members (only Futaba is arguably better). She falls in love with the protagonist before the confession in a believable manner. Has a sadistic side. Has great plans for her future and includes you in them. Wields a bigass axe and a fucking grenade launcher

"We played a long match, just the two of us"

kayos90

Haru:
sweet innocent introduction. Hits tragic wall in response, however is the strongest character in dealing with it as she spins every attempt at consoling her into consoling everyone else. Her slink was possibly the best out of the party members (only Futaba is arguably better). She falls in love with the protagonist before the confession in a believable manner. Has a sadistic side. Has great plans for her future and includes you in them. Wields a bigass axe and a fucking grenade launcher

"We played a long match, just the two of us"

I mean.... no offense but what you wrote out sounds sort of similar to Makoto except instead this person just sounds like a sacrificial saint I guess? Yall into that "Thou be right" personality?

LotusHD

Banned

Rich, sweet girl that will laugh at all your jokes, no matter how unfunny they are. Also potentially sadistic, which some people dig.

Meh.

Blackmailing you was a sweet introduction?

What? Of course not.

Her cute stalking was, duh

kayos90

Blackmailing you was a sweet introduction?

I was talking about the person's character/core. Also Makoto's intro is way more memorable than Haru's.
She just shows up as Morgana's bitch? Cool. Went from being daddy's bitch to a cat's bitch.
Real awesome....

If they wrote anything about sex the fandom would go legit bonkers. Can't let the waifus get tainted. *massive eyeroll*

I was talking about the person's character/core. Also Makoto's intro is way more memorable than Haru's.
She just shows up as Morgana's bitch? Cool. Went from being daddy's bitch to a cat's bitch. Real awesome....
I mean, I wasnt making any point about the memorability of the introduction. Makoto's was excellent. Makoto is my second favorite character in this game, but from the romance aspect, I like Haru more.

kayos90

Back to being serious here but I think what ultimately sells Makoto as a more likeable character honestly had to do with me just not liking Harus voice. It's absolutely grating. Cherami Leigh on the other hand knocks it out of the park. Can't really compare.

Corpekata

Banned
Haru stinks simply because she's crammed into the game way too late and all of her character development is condensed. Which is kind of bizaare since she goes to the school and she could have been introduced earlier. She just doesn't feel like she was fully thought out integration wise.

And yeah, her voice is grating.

Aki-at

There are a couple of late game scenes that are strongly convincing me Ann/Ryuji is canon lol. Each time
Ryuji's life is in danger, we seem to get a close up, emotional shot of Ann screaming his name.

Next Persona game should allow you to setup people together. That would really intensify the debates here!

(Yusuke and Futaba would probably work well too, I for one welcome Yusuke as my brother in law.)

She's really rich.
She's really nice.
She's cute.
She won't argue with you.
She's madly in love with you.

It's also because of this I don't like her as a girlfriend. She feels like the ultimate wish fulfillment waifu :p

Until you cheat on her and then she'll go all yandere on you.

stryke

Can we get a poll going for some extra drama in this thread? Oh and names exposed please, so Futaba-philes can't hide :p

Aki-at

Can we get a poll going for some extra drama in this thread? Oh and names exposed please, so Futaba-philes can't hide :p

That's the real end goal here isn't it? Not who's the most popular but who hitched up with Futaba.

What a fiendishly clever plan.

Futaba was the best character and the most enjoyable romance. No hiding necessary

Still have to see christmas and valentine's day for the other characters. Could change my opinion

Zephyx

I wish we had a breakdown of how each confidant is assigned to their arcana. I think I read something before regarding how your social links in P3/P4 are related to their arcana. A P5 version for that would be nice.

Sorry duckroll but the truth hurts.

Makoto has the least motivation out of the three to become a Phantom Thief and her SL/Confidant shows just how copy/paste her personality is. Mitsuru did it better, Hifumi is more useful (and way cuter), and the only reason to go for Makoto is to try and get with Sae.

-

Ann, Makoto, and Haru English VA pale in comparison to JP VA. Only Futaba seems to have any energy when speaking lines. Still doesn't mean they are bad though.

She just shows up as Morgana's bitch? Cool. Went from being daddy's bitch to a cat's bitch.
Real awesome....

Ok... as a reminder of why her manga stalking occurs in the first place — she wanted leverage against us. You forget that Makoto had a well deserved reputation as the principal's lapdog & threatened to turn us into the police if we didn't give her what she wanted.

Her entire introduction is being an enforcer against us to protect her prospects for personal advancement. She had no motivation to interact with any of the group other than the Principal's "it would be a shame if you werent able to get college recommendation" and she was ready to screw us over comply with it... For our grand "crime" of exposing Kamoshida as the PoS that he was. Appropriately, it's Ann that ends up calling her on her bullshit. Later when they reconcile Makoto even admits that she was projecting her own feelings of worthlessness on to the group as part of why she was so harsh towards us. "Real awesome...."

Meanwhile Haru's entire introduction is about taking action for herself against her own father, the lengths he's gone to for his success ("I don't want a happiness built on other's misfortune"), and the plans he has for her. Despite being positioned semi-adversarially, she bears no ill will towards the group — and even after
her father is killed
, she was just as worried about how everyone else was dealing with it, as they are about her. She even apologises for having had temporary doubts about the group. Their character/cores aren't the same.

...and don't get me started on the S.Link difference between:
- Haru showing actual interest in you from relatively early on
- ...vs Makoto's "Thanks for helping me not end up whored out by Yakuza - btw I need you to do me another favour, but that NPC I met a week ago says you are lame and i'm inclined to agree. Don't come back until you are debonair and then maybe I will allow you to assist me."

— I'll give you that dig at her english VA, but I play with JP audio anyway /shrug. (It would be pretty interesting to see how much of an effect the VA has on how people feel about the characters, but tbh I have no idea how you would objectives measure it tbh)

She's madly in love with you.
To be fair, all of the waifus are — some just have a more believable setup for it than others do

Top Bottom