• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Mafia |OT| Memento Mori

In hindsight, it was really obvious. Style had after all transformed into a being that was clearly not human. His shadow self had taken the form of a giant parrot, and had been like that at least since the day had started.

The Persona users readied for battle, and after a hard fought fight, managed to bring him down. Through expert use of buffs, debuffs, and zio magic the battle was won, and the shadow vanquished.

Style has died.
I am a Shadow, the True Self.

Born from the darkness in mankind's heart, nothing can see me coming.

My Reverse Persona of the Sun Arcana can never be detected! For I have the power of a Ninja!

Using the command Stealth Kill: <player> I can take down anyone before they knew what hit them.

I can only go undetected twice

But I am not alone.

My fellow Shadows are: [Cancelled in Europe]

And we have the power to communicate with each other: [Link Redacted]

Together, we'll user in a new era. Where the blind shall falter and only those with clarity will see the new world!

But there are those that would stand in our way...

We can take out those Persona users, once a night!

As long as I don't use my power that night, I only need to say the word. Kill: <player>

If we can hold the majority, then we win.

Let the games begin.
Night Ends:
gre_1480453200.png

Sophia

"An Eulogy for the Fallen

Can you feel the terror?!

When his heart was pierced by forsaken metals!

Can you feel the horror?!

When he took his last breath, never to walk again!

Can you feel the sadness?!

When his friends wept in tears, by his side...

Although we are in flux, we shall remember his name....

Although waves of memories wash over us, his sacrifice will not be in vain...

From the first moment, to the last letter.

His tragedy, his pain, will echo forever."

Such was the awkwardly written piece of paper, left hanging from the same pole that had pierced FluxWaveZ's body. His body had been left to hang out by the local shopping district, almost in broad daylight. Police had taped off the scene, and were now investigating what had happened. The Persona users stood around. Some mortified, some confused, some mysteriously pushed their sunglasses up just a wee bit further... Why was Flux of all people targeted? Which one of them could have done this? And why the heck did they dig up a dusty old lance and write "XTREME HOLY LANCEZ" on the side? On the dirty ground next to his body, lay a tarot card. It's portrait and artwork suspiciously missing.

FluxWaveZ has died!

Welcome to the Velvet Room.

My name is Igor, and I am delighted to make your acquaintance. This place exists between dream and reality, mind and matter... It is a place where those with a special power may home their ability.

You, my dear, are gifted with the power of a Persona. This means you are aligned with the your fellow Persona users in the Town

With your powers together, you have the ability to vote and remove those who would threaten your town.

But take heed of the Shadows that approach, for they threaten to destroy everything you hold dear. Find your fellow Persona users, and make use of your bonds to draw back the Shadows.

My time is running short. However, dreams are a gateway to your future, and there is endless possibility stretched out before you.

'til we meet again...

Day 3 begins

Majority is 8

ora_1480798800.png

Natiko

Banned
I'm still at work but find it interesting that only one person died. That should cement the idea that Ty4on hit scum when he did his investigation. Might be worth discussing who we think he's likely to have investigated again. Style is a possibility but there was so much question around him already that seems like it would have been a dodgy choice. Who else do we think is possible?

PK Gaming

GOD DAMN IT. Sure Flux always hounding my ass but I didn't want him to die. The goal was the set aside our differences and win this damn thing together. Goodbye friend slash rival slash antagonist. You had the strength and nobility of a power role, despite literally being powerless.

You. Shall. Be. Avenged.

raw

It's time for you to go.

VOTE: StarSketch

Fine. I fucked up, and I realize it.

You guys have a good enough track record of hitting scum it's not like losing me will be that much of a problem. You know, aside from losing my role power but you guys don't believe me there anyway so w/e

Whereas if I were scum I'd probably be worried now, no? A game of this size normally has around 4 scum, and they're down to 2. They'd lose me this day phase and be in reverse lylo basically (is that a decent enough thing to call it?)

Heck if i were scum, I'd be pushing as hard as possible to get the scumiest looking townie killed...hmmmmmm.

Verelios

Unbelievable, damn Flux. Can we talk about the passive defensive Style pushback fuckery yesterday or what?

And SK, shaking my head, told ya'll, scum.

Natiko

Banned
Also worth looking over if Flux's reads maybe hit close to home. I can't imagine if they just went for the strongest Town role they would have picked Flux when we have a supposed PR claim and Hyper pushing the most discussion.

Unless they're both scum lol

I can't really look through the post history on mobile while working/driving home after this so it'll be a bit before I can dive deeper.

Natiko

Banned

You guys have a good enough track record of hitting scum it's not like losing me will be that much of a problem. You know, aside from losing my role power but you guys don't believe me there anyway so w/e

Whereas if I were scum I'd probably be worried now, no? A game of this size normally has around 4 scum, and they're down to 2. They'd lose me this day phase and be in reverse lylo basically (is that a decent enough thing to call it?)

Heck if i were scum, I'd be pushing as hard as possible to get the scumiest looking townie killed...hmmmmmm.
I'm not really set on whether I buy your story or not, but trying to point fingers at exmachina of all people who was all but cleared since the first day results doesn't seem like a good plan for you.

You should explain your power role in complete detail, ideally by posting your role PM.

I can think of two people I expected dead before Flux. I played some devil's advocate for Style yesterday and am hesitant to do so for Sketch as well but hopefully we can avoid a pile on today.

franconp

I'm here. It's a shame we lost Flux but we got another scum and we have the advantage here.

I want the input of someone else about this: I read several times Style's role PM and I'm still not sure if he could made the NK silent twice or if he was a 2 shot serial killer. What I want to say is: could Style made 2 kills beside the normal scum NK?

I'm still not sure about this. The text it's a little uncertain.

I also have something weird to share that happened to me during last night but I want to get that out of the way first.

So seeing what Style's role was makes me think maybe he killed Ty4on that first night and the rest of the scum got Sorian (or vice versa). Ty didn't necessarily have to have landed on scum to wind up dead if we had a ninja on the loose.

I'm with exmachina that Star needs to tell us what she's claiming her PR is. Anyone think that's a bad idea?

Natiko

Banned
I'm here. It's a shame we lost Flux but we got another scum and we have the advantage here.

I want the input of someone else about this: I read several times Style's role PM and I'm still not sure if he could made the NK silent twice or if he was a 2 shot serial killer. What I want to say is: could Style made 2 kills beside the normal scum NK?

I also have something weird to share that happened to me during last night but I want to get that out of the way first.
I guess that's a good question. I interpreted the last line about only being able to use the kill command if he did not use the stealth kill command as them only having one kill a night. I could see how it could be read as him getting a stealth kill and one other scum getting a regular kill though.

I read it as he can kill people independent of the other scum, but if he chooses to do so, he can't vote with them in their night kill vote.

So seeing what Style's role was makes me think maybe he killed Ty4on that first night and the rest of the scum got Sorian (or vice versa). Ty didn't necessarily have to have landed on scum to wind up dead if we had a ninja on the loose.

I'm with exmachina that Star needs to tell us what she's claiming her PR is. Anyone think that's a bad idea?

That was my takeaway.

The only problem with Style's lynching is that it was such an obvious choice. It's tough to look at the vote and say "well they're obviously town because they voted to lynch him."

That said, it's hard not to give a bit of a crooked stare at anyone who didn't vote for him, anyone who voted for someone else, or anything who jumped in late.

Ok.

I am a 2-shot Tracker of The Priestess arcana. Aka, Yukiko's Arcana. I also personally identify with that Arcana. So. Yeah. That's why I thought it was funny.

Natiko

Banned
The only problem with Style's lynching is that it was such an obvious choice. It's tough to look at the vote and say "well they're obviously town because they voted to lynch him."

That said, it's hard not to give a bit of a crooked stare at anyone who didn't vote for him, anyone who voted for someone else, or anything who jumped in late.
I fall into the category of not voting for him but if you go back I made it very clear that I would cast my vote on Style but I was trying to avoid a turbo. Clearly my worry was founded considering exmachina unvoted and then several people came in to turbo Style despite exmachina making it very clear what he was going to watch for.

franconp

Ok.

I am a 2-shot Tracker of The Priestess arcana. Aka, Yukiko's Arcana. I also personally identify with that Arcana. So. Yeah. That's why I thought it was funny.

I'm not to fond to believe you. If you had an investigative role why didn't you share with us your results where last day when you where the most likely target for mafia to NK? I don't see why you didn't share that info.

franconp

I don't think we can get nothing with the votes on Style. He was such an easy target that several of us didn't see a point of voting for him and I think at least 1 scum voted for him to gain town credit.

We should work with more concrete evidence.

I'm not to fond to believe you. If you had an investigative role why didn't you share with us your results where last day when you where the most likely target for mafia to NK? I don't see why you didn't share that info.

I'm a tracker- I have to follow a specific person.

I could blow one of my two shots on someone random, but that would be a waste.

Verelios

Ok.

*Teddy laugh

I'm disinclined to believe this especially since night 1 was a ripe time to track since we hit scum.

Why would she track night 1? And if he target had been style, he was getting lynched no?

Look at day 1

franconp

As conversation isn't moving forward (let's try to avoid that during this day, last day was really bad) I will share what happened last night:

During the last night phase (yestarday exactly) I got a PM from the mods which said that I have been targeted as a potential scum, so I was given an option against being framed by the shadows (that were the words used on the PM, don't know if it's flavour or not). I was offered to buy an item: RANCID GRAVY (it even had the home shopping channel music) . I was not told at that time what would the item do but I could use a command buy to get it. So, having nothing to lose, I bought it.

During the hour prior to day 3 start I received another PM from the mods with the results. I had bought the RANCID GRAVY which "restored 2HP" (exact quote) but I'm now silenced, so I can't cast a vote during the day phase or do an action during the next night (not that I care).

I tried asking the mods why I did get the PM but they didn't wanted to share any info with me. The timming makes me think that I was targeted (I received the PM yesterday, not at the start of the night) but I don't know how, if I was targeted for a night kill (and the wording makes me think it wasn't by scum, maybe town vigilante or neutral) or in some other way. And neither why I was given the option to buy the thing.

tl;dr: I can't vote this phase.

franconp

Hey fran! What do you think about PK gaming?

Hey PK Gaming! What do you think about franconp?

I'm leaning town. All the discussion with Exodus seems townie, doesn't look like a ruse between 2 scum players (maybe I'm wrong). Day 2 didn't seems weird either.

Why would she track night 1? And if he target had been style, he was getting lynched no?

I'm more on the idea of using the roles if you have them, even more on the informative roles. Banking on them doesn't do any good as you could be killed during the night without sharing your results. Even info that someone didn't do anything could be good info, as it could lead to clear some name or find contradictions.

What? You haven't used your power yet? I don't like that at all.

I was honestly tempted to follow Style N1, but I figured someone else would check him with a role that was firmer evidence than Tracking, seeing as half his role appeared to be protection. Depending on if Tyo4n died scanning him or not, this probably didn't work out

How does that work?

During Night phase, I send a PM command of <Track: Playername> and I get whoever they visited that night. I didn't really have any leads last night, so I didn't use it. and I just explained N1.

franconp

I was honestly tempted to follow Style N1, but I figured someone else would check him with a role that was firmer evidence than Tracking, seeing as half his role appeared to be protection. Depending on if Tyo4n died scanning him or not, this probably didn't work out

During Night phase, I send a PM command of <Track: Playername> and I get whoever they visited that night. I didn't really have any leads last night, so I didn't use it. and I just explained N1.

You didn't used also last night, even when you were the most likely target for scum? Even more after the ninja was killed? I have trouble believing your roleclaim.

Natiko

Banned
As conversation isn't moving forward (let's try to avoid that during this day, last day was really bad) I will share what happened last night:

During the last night phase (yestarday exactly) I got a PM from the mods which said that I have been targeted as a potential scum, so I was given an option against being framed by the shadows (that were the words used on the PM, don't know if it's flavour or not). I was offered to buy an item: RANCID GRAVY (it even had the home shopping channel music) . I was not told at that time what would the item do but I could use a command buy to get it. So, having nothing to lose, I bought it.

During the hour prior to day 3 start I received another PM from the mods with the results. I had bought the RANCID GRAVY which "restored 2HP" (exact quote) but I'm now silenced, so I can't cast a vote during the day phase or do an action during the next night (not that I care).

I tried asking the mods why I did get the PM but they didn't wanted to share any info with me. The timming makes me think that I was targeted (I received the PM yesterday, not at the start of the night) but I don't know how, if I was targeted for a night kill (and the wording makes me think it wasn't by scum, maybe town vigilante or neutral) or in some other way. And neither why I was given the option to buy the thing.

tl;dr: I can't vote this phase.
What kind of role would that be? The framing stuff is odd too. Isn't framing an actual role that scum sometimes have or am I misremembering? I wonder if it's a limited thing as well since this didn't happen night one (or at least if it did nobody came forward).

I can understand not wanting to waste it, but to still not use it last night even when you knew you were going to be under suspicion and that you may not get to live very long seems a bit suspect.

I was honestly tempted to follow Style N1, but I figured someone else would check him with a role that was firmer evidence than Tracking, seeing as half his role appeared to be protection. Depending on if Tyo4n died scanning him or not, this probably didn't work out.

I'm sorry, but that doesn't make sense to me. Even if someone else did track him, you would have no way of knowing what that person found out unless they decided to claim their role on day two.

And at the very least, you would at least have some information on Style, which is always better than flying completely blind.

Also, I agree with everyone else who says it's suspect you didn't use it last night. If you really are town, and you are claiming the truth about your role, you would've been the number one target for scum.

Unless maybe they figured you would be the next target for a town lynch and didn't want to waste that vote, but I don't know how likely that is.

Top Bottom