• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Mafia |OT| Memento Mori

franconp

My read on you clearly referenced by FEP and flux reads: ie the plop post wasn't the only one that made me feel as though you were poking for a reason to find something wrong with another player rather than a reason why someone might be scum. Your defense and current posts from today have done little to allieve me of my suspicion

I just don't understand this. I was poking for a reason to find something wrong with another player when I praised one of his posts? It doesn't make sense.

I think you are really making a bad read and because noone is following you are lying really bad. First was that plop thing, which when I corrected you avoided touching the subject again, and then was the previos game activity, that when I proved you were lying you said you were just trying to make a point. Bullshit.

You know why I'm not scum? Because I wouldn't have killed Sorian if I was scum. I would have killed the one who has been breadcrumbing another arcana since day one. He would have been a way better target than Sorian.

I just don't understand this. I was poking for a reason to find something wrong with another player when I praised one of his posts? It doesn't make sense.

I think you are really making a bad read and because noone is following you are lying really bad. First was that plop thing, which when I corrected you avoided touching the subject again, and then was the previos game activity, that when I proved you were lying you said you were just trying to make a point. Bullshit.

You know why I'm not scum? Because I wouldn't have killed Sorian if I was scum. I would have killed the one who has been breadcrumbing another arcana since day one. He would have been a way better target than Sorian.

I can't tell if this was an overreaction from town or if this was a scum throw off. Ok, I can understand not saying who is breadcrumbing, but what arcana do you think they are?

franconp

I can't tell if this was an overreaction from town or if this was a scum throw off. Ok, I can understand not saying who is breadcrumbing, but what arcana do you think they are?

If I say that I would be giving too much info. I don't want to give info, it would not be good for town. I'm not even sure, I have just a strong gut feeling I may be right.

franconp

Also, neither. I'm pissed off with Hyper because he has been lying about me all this time. And I have proved it.

I can accept that I'm suspicious because I was the main target to Ty investigation, so if the had said that I wouldn't have a problem. But lying the way he is doing is pissing me off. I just don't know if he is scum or a bad town.

Natiko

Banned
I really wish I could understand Hyperactivity's view on franconp, but it seems to be informed by his much larger experience
or because he's lying
. He read franconp, Flux, and FEP as scum due to their playstyle being similar in shifting focus to where they want. Then you upgraded Flux to town but doubled down on franconp. Is this all because of their votes and the votes alone? I just find your argument about the playstyles hard to grasp, especially when you quoted a FEP post and said it was an example of him floating by..when in that very post he cast an early vote for TheExodu5. If you were wrong about that why should I find your read on franconp using the same evidence any more valid? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm not seeing much validity as to how you could be right. Help me understand.

franconp

I hate looking for breadcrumbs. If ty left indication of his target I don't see it.

We don't even know if Ty was killed from an investigation. Maybe he was NK. That's why we should lynch Style this round. Style said that Ty wasn't a choice to save. So if Style flips town reviver we know that Ty investigated someone. If Style flips scum why would he lie about Ty not being an option to save. Maybe scum can perform a double kill every 2 nights (Overwatch had this) or something like that. Maybe Sorian was killed by a neutral serial killer and scum killed Ty and they are trying to cover their kill to not give hints.

Lynching Style would give us the chance to know a little better what happened last night.

Also, neither. I'm pissed off with Hyper because he has been lying about me all this time. And I have proved it.

I can accept that I'm suspicious because I was the main target to Ty investigation, so if the had said that I wouldn't have a problem. But lying the way he is doing is pissing me off. I just don't know if he is scum or a bad town.
What was the plop lie?

To be fair, hyper said the activity argument was bs when he delivered it. I don't think he was throwing actual shade at you at that point.

Anyone else find it funny that during day one, both Sorian and franconp joked about being (and had been referred to as) co-leads for town, and now that Sorian is dead, people are trying to build a case for a fran lynch over the guy who admitted to being directly responsible for his death?

Not that I'm 100% sure of Fran's allegiance, but still, it feels odd.

Just a thought.

And I realize that what I said makes it sound like I'm trying to poison the well against anyone who tries to build a case against fran, but that's not the case. If anyone has anything logical against anyone, I'd never say not to use it.

But this round just seems like it should be a unanimous vote by the end of the day, imo.

Verelios

And I realize that what I said makes it sound like I'm trying to poison the well against anyone who tries to build a case against fran, but that's not the case. If anyone has anything logical against anyone, I'd never say not to use it.

But this round just seems like it should be a unanimous vote by the end of the day, imo.
I thought we already agreed to a unanimous vote for Style day start?

Natiko

Banned
Been really quiet lately. Bit of a slow start to this day phase overall.

Looking through the posts since this day phase started it feels like several players haven't really weighed in on much besides deflecting suspicion from themselves or suspecting Style (who everyone should be suspicious of at this point).

I'd like to hear some more thoughts from II-Vanguard-II, exmachina64, FluxWaveZ, PK Gaming, and StarSketch. Doesn't really seem like any of you have said too much since the day phase began. What are your thoughts overall? Any people you're suspecting more than others? Any you think are town?

Personally between you all there are those I suspect are scum, ones I feel confident are town, and others that are more of a question mark. Your thoughts could help open up new avenues of conversation other than lynching Style (not to say we will lynch someone else, just that it's a tired topic).

style (2)
plop 997
exmachina64 1160

starsketch (1)
flatearthpandas 1121

franconp (1)
hyperactivity 1149

Majority is 9 votes

Day Ends:

cya_1480107600.png

franconp

What was the plop lie?

To be fair, hyper said the activity argument was bs when he delivered it. I don't think he was throwing actual shade at you at that point.

I said this about a post from plop:

For someone who says that he is completly new to the game this was a really good post (that's a praise, not sarcasm). I think most of us dropped StarSketch odd pregaming behavior was because we didn't liked the idea to forcing a roleclaim now. We don't know if she has one or it was just a role related to her avatar cosplay but that's a line of thought that can wait for a little longer.

And when Hyper did a mayor read he said this:

7) franconp - started off as a major scum read, has lessened over time. Minor scum read. Mix of making easy sorts of posts to participate and doing the same sort of "contribute, but really I'm going to call you out anyways" : brings up hypotheticals, then is aggressive on more uncertain posters in a way similar to how I described flux, calls out plop for having "detailed post" as newbie (but was passive aggressive, doesn't actually do shit), saying "don't discuss roles", I don't want voting shenanigans.

Here's my answer:

I don't know what are you trying to do here, but I praised his post. I even clarify that so there wasn't any doubts (post 324). I don't know how that can be seen as passive aggressive.

And here's Hyper:

My read on you clearly referenced by FEP and flux reads: ie the plop post wasn't the only one that made me feel as though you were poking for a reason to find something wrong with another player rather than a reason why someone might be scum. Your defense and current posts from today have done little to allieve me of my suspicion

He is trying to make a post where I praised plop into an passive agressive reason to call him out. I even clarify it was a praise because written sarcasm it's difficult to pick up and I didn't wanted to be seen that way.

And the post thing it piss me off because he didn't used himself or one of the dead players. He lied about me and he was trying to create the doubt in the rest of you. It's a bullshit tactic that seems scum all over.

I'd like to hear some more thoughts from II-Vanguard-II, exmachina64, FluxWaveZ, PK Gaming, and StarSketch. Doesn't really seem like any of you have said too much since the day phase began. What are your thoughts overall? Any people you're suspecting more than others? Any you think are town?

Vanguard: Scum. Didn't gave us nothing, much coasting during day one. Sorian linked him to Style and Exodus. Could have been a possible target for Ty.

Exmachina: Leaning Town. Was thinking scum because the roleclaim fishing and the OMGUS but he went hard against Exodus. What I founded strange is that there wasn't a lot of activity from scum to try to save him near day's end.

Flux: Town. His post looks townish to me and he did the vote that lynched Exmachina when he could have lynched Exmachina. If Exmachina is also scum that read could change.

PK: Leaning Town. Went hard on Exodus. Didn't seemed to be a fake confrontation between 2 scum.

StarSketch: Leaning Scum. A lot of coasting the first day. A lot of non commital post. Said that would give us her read but just gave some easy reads. Said that she would be around deadline but didn't post and maintained her post on the draw (this is a weak argument because it could be RL problems but It's something I seen).

Natiko

Banned
My opinions aren't all too far off from yours, but I was hoping to get them to share thoughts more than having everyone else post thoughts on them. Not complaining but clarifying so they don't try and use some excuse to not respond.

Natiko

Banned
II-Vanguard-II, exmachina64, FluxWaveZ, PK Gaming, and StarSketch

I would like to hear from all of you. You have been quiet, post some thoughts and reads.

Just to remove any doubt from the initial request.

franconp

My opinions aren't all too far off from yours, but I was hoping to get them to share thoughts more than having everyone else post thoughts on them. Not complaining but clarifying so they don't try and use some excuse to not respond.

Oh! Sorry. I read "of" instead of "from".

PK Gaming

II-Vanguard-II, exmachina64, FluxWaveZ, PK Gaming, and StarSketch

I would like to hear from all of you. You have been quiet, post some thoughts and reads.

Just to remove any doubt from the initial request.

giphy.gif

It'll come when it'll come

Can't a man struggle to finish his various assignments at the last minute in peace?!?!

If Syrle is town, shouldn't he still be participating? I mean, even if it's pretty much settled that he's going to die this day phase, he can still try to help a bit.

Exmachina and vanguard are also pretty quiet for two people who were on the chopping block yesterday (then again, it is the day before thanksgiving and if they are in the States, they're probably pretty busy.)

Exmachina and vanguard are also pretty quiet for two people who were on the chopping block yesterday (then again, it is the day before thanksgiving and if they are in the States, they're probably pretty busy.)

Yes, the holidays are keeping me busier than I expected and I'm not caught up with the thread currently. I'll try to make a larger post before the end of Day 2.

Since Thanksgiving means a lot of people probably won't be around over the next few days, do people want the day end pushing back 24 hours? Night phase would then be 3 days as normal, and the next day would start on Tuesday.

Verelios

Since Thanksgiving means a lot of people probably won't be around over the next few days, do people want the day end pushing back 24 hours? Night phase would then be 3 days as normal, and the next day would start on Tuesday.
Sure, should give people time to enjoy the holidays

The Persona users were quiet. It was, after all, a national holiday, a time to be spent with family and to build social links. Not for deductive reasoning and brutal murder.

"Wait, I thought we were in Japan? there's no such holiday here"

"Wasn't it Labour Thanksgiving Day yesterday, they could be talking about that."

"That's a harvest festival though, not whatever was just being talked about"

"Guess someone localised it"

"Localised? Who did that? Lets get them!"

Whoever was responsible for the localisation of this game has died

Due to unforeseen distractions, more time would be needed to discuss and deliberate things.

The day phase has been extended 24 hours

Day Ends:

blu_1480194000.png

(Note: If majority is reached before this point, the day will end as normal. Majority is currently at 9.)

Natiko

Banned
The day extension makes sense. Not sure that it's slow due to the holidays or if this is just the fate of our game going forward though.

Natiko

Banned
The secret best part of the day extension is it'll push day ends to Saturday instead of Friday so there's a greater chance I'll actually be able to participate.

It's dead as shit in here.

Style

Banned
Thanksgiving is the the time of expressing gratitude and forgiveness, so what do you say we crank up the forgiveness and call off my ly- *is shot*

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Style (2)
plop .997
exmachina64 .1160

franconp (1)
Hyperactivity .1149

StarSketch (1)
flatearthpandas .1121

No active vote for Day 2:
BlackBuzzard
FluxWaveZ
franconp