• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Mafia |OT| Memento Mori

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

TheExodu5 (6)
flatearthpandas .720
Ty4on .823
exmachina64 .837
PK Gaming .860
Hyperactivity .920 .928
Hyperactivity .931
Sorian .932

exmachina64 (5)
Sorian .75 .140
Hyperactivity .722 .920
TheExodu5 .819
StarSketch .858
II-Vanguard-II .868
franconp .919
Hyperactivity .928 .931
Style .930

PK Gaming (3)
FluxWaveZ .348 .463
TheExodu5 .371 .395
exmachina64 .398 .837
plop .439
FluxWaveZ .492 .644
Ty4on .532 .812
FluxWaveZ .644 .727
Natiko .789
FluxWaveZ .914

II-Vanguard-II (1)
Sorian .140 .932
Style .157 .391
BlackBuzzard .366 .535
Matt Attack .802

BlackBuzzard (1)
TheExodu5 .260 .371
exmachina64 .331 .398
franconp .806 .919
WhereAreMahDragonz .846

Natiko (1)
Zippedpinhead .816

Style (1)
II-Vanguard-II .113 .839
Matt Attack .182 .802
11037 .200 .767
FluxWaveZ .206 .348
PK Gaming .353 .444
FluxWaveZ .463 .492
flatearthpandas .485 .720
TheExodu5 .527 .819
BlackBuzzard .535
FluxWaveZ .727 .893

StarSketch (1)
Verelios .207

Verelios (0)
Style .889 .930

Hyperactivity (0)
Hyperactivity .699 .722

Sorian (0)
exmachina64 .91 .148
Hyperactivity .684 .699

franconp (0)
plop .142 .439
flatearthpandas .187 .485

Rynam (0)
TheExodu5 .241 .260
TheExodu5 .395 .518

Kerned (0)
Zippedpinhead .88 .524
Natiko .126 .373

FluxWaveZ (0)
PK Gaming .444 .618

No active vote for Day 1:
11037 (has previously voted)

Day 1 ends:
blu_1479502800.png

Automated vote tally here

11 votes for majority

Style

Banned
It's looking like you might die, though.

I'm gonna be doubly adamant about this: I REALLY don't think exmachina or TheExodu5 are Shadows. We're messing up here...

At least, it's pretty much assured there's a Shadow or two leading the direction of the current votes.

It's too late to lynch a third candidate. Time to place your bets on who of the two seems least town.

FluxWaveZ

It's too late to lynch a third candidate. Time to place your bets on who of the two seems least town.

No.

Can you articulate my argument on Vanguard or are you just parroting exodus from yesterday because it still isn't "RNG crap"

Not really, because every time his name came up with your posting the word "RNG" was associated with it and I pretty much glossed over it. Plus, that was the only thing he actually did in this whole game before he returned, so I suppose "RNG crap" is an assumption.

It's looking like you might die, though.

I'm gonna be doubly adamant about this: I REALLY don't think exmachina or TheExodu5 are Shadows. We're messing up here...

At least, it's pretty much assured there's a Shadow or two leading the direction of the current votes.

No offense, but my reads have been pretty opposite of yours

Tbh it's actually making me doubt my scum read of you, but regardless, I'm not really gonna take this into account

Sorian

Banned
No.

Not really, because every time his name came up with your posting the word "RNG" was associated with it and I pretty much glossed over it. Plus, that was the only thing he actually did in this whole game before he returned, so I suppose "RNG crap" is an assumption.

Sitting off vote helps no one and reeks of scum not wanting to be associated with something.

Also, again, it was that he could have joined in the game with real input, he even started on with something he saw that he didn't like but he opted to not do that and made a move that took away all of his responsibility on the matter. Showing back up with a shrug certainly hasn't helped.

FluxWaveZ

Fine, but you've said yourself a vote not thrown on a top candidate is a pointless and wasted vote and now this. Hmm.

I was talking about literally every person playing this game, not the handful focus. I'm not gonna play into some game where it's "1 or the other" when I actually don't suspect either of the targets, driving forward some twisted narrative the Shadows could create moving forward.

TheExodu5

Banned
Both of these potential lynch victims sure are putting up a fight, huh.

I'm not going to fight. I'm not going to role claim. There's nothing to be gained from it at this point.

Exmachina...Yeah he's somehow absent in the final moments. Just another strike against him.

exmachina64 (5)
sorian 75 (140)
hyperactivity 722 (920)
theexodu5 819
starsketch 858
ii-vanguard-ii 867 (868)
ii-vanguard-ii 868
franconp 919
hyperactivity 928 (931)
style 930

kerned (0)
zippedpinhead 88 (524)
natiko 126 (373)

sorian (0)
exmachina64 91 (148)
hyperactivity 684 (699)

style (1)
ii-vanguard-ii 113 (839)
matt attack 182 (802)
11037 200 (767)
fluxwavez 206 (348)
pk gaming 353 (444)
fluxwavez 463 (492)
flatearthpandas 485 (720)
theexodu5 527 (819)
blackbuzzard 535
fluxwavez 727 (893)

ii-vanguard-ii (1)
sorian 140 (932)
style 157 (391)
blackbuzzard 366 (535)
matt attack 802

franconp (0)
plop 141 (439)
flatearthpandas 187 (485)

starsketch (1)
verelios 207

rynam (0)
theexodu5 241 (260)
theexodu5 395 (518)

blackbuzzard (1)
theexodu5 260 (371)
exmachina64 331 (398)
franconp 806 (919)
wherearemahdragonz 846

pk gaming (3)
fluxwavez 348 (463)
exmachina64 398 (837)
plop 439
fluxwavez 492 (644)
ty4on 532 (812)
natiko 789
fluxwavez 914

pkgaming (0)
theexodu5 371 (395)

roytheone (0)
el topo 388 (389)

fluxwavez (0)
pk gaming 444 (618)

hyperactivity (0)
hyperactivity 699 (722)

theexodu5 (5)
flatearthpandas 720
ty4on 823
exmachina64 837
pk gaming 860
hyperactivity 920 (928)
hyperactivity 931 (958)
sorian 932

natiko (1)
zippedpinhead 816

verelios (0)
style 889 (930)

FluxWaveZ

Also, again, it was that he could have joined in the game with real input, he even started on with something he saw that he didn't like but he opted to not do that and made a move that took away all of his responsibility on the matter. Showing back up with a shrug certainly hasn't helped.

The definite makings of a Shadow.

Doesn't llook like I have time for my TheExodu5 detailed rundown, but I looked/skimmed his posts

similar issue as theexmachina64 generally, seems more to be trying to find reasons to vote for someone than find someone to vote for with good reason. Somewhat aggressive.

Bus thing may or may not be a slip, it's making me see him a little more scummy

In stark contrast to how I remember him in bar, but he crashed and burned hard in bar mafia so maybe he wants to go totally away from that. Idk, he seems to have gone too far in the other direction though

Sorian, if it comes down to it, I'll do the tiebreaker. I don't want both of us trying to do it and creating a tie, feel free to lynch me tomorrow or shoot me tonight if I screw it up

FluxWaveZ

Hyperactivity, what you're doing right now is definitely representative of a townie who has our best intentions in mind.

Fuck... I can't believe my hand is being forced here. Sorry, TheExodu5.

Vote: TheExodu5

“I hear that the only way to truly identify a shadow, is to beat them up, and see if a Persona comes out of them?”

“Does that make sense?”

“I don’t know, want to give it a try?”

“Not like we have any better way to identify them”

“So who do we try it on?”

“I don’t know, just pick someone at random”

So saying, the Persona users, using the highly accurate scum hunting method of random.org, settled on TheExodu5 and beat him senseless.

“So we just wait to see if that Persona comes out then?”

“How long should it take?”

“Shouldn’t be long”

…

“Maybe another few months…”

…

“Ok, any moment now for sure”

…

“Pretty sure it’s never coming out”

“Just another six weeks, surely it won’t take any longer than that”

“Wait, are we still talking about TheExodu5?”

“Are they even still alive? It’s been over 3 years now.”

TheExodu5 has died

"I am a Shadow, the True Self.

Born from the darkness in mankind's heart, I'll move during the night and crush everything that defies me!

My Reverse Persona of the Magician Arcana has no special powers.

But I am not alone.

My fellow Shadows are: [Delayed to April 2017]

And we have the power to communicate with each other: [Link Redacted]

Together, we'll user in a new era. Where the weak shall fall and the strong shall survive!

But there are those that would stand in our way...

We can take out those Persona users, once a night!

I only need to say the word. Kill: <player>

If we can hold the majority, then we win.

Let the games begin. "

Huh, guess that rumour was wrong after all.

Night Ends:

gra_1479762000.png

End of day 1 vote count:

exmachina64 (5)
sorian 75 (140)
hyperactivity 722 (920)
theexodu5 819
starsketch 858
ii-vanguard-ii 867 (868)
ii-vanguard-ii 868
franconp 919
hyperactivity 928 (931)
style 930

kerned (0)
zippedpinhead 88 (524)
natiko 126 (373)

sorian (0)
exmachina64 91 (148)
hyperactivity 684 (699)

style (1)
ii-vanguard-ii 113 (839)
matt attack 182 (802)
11037 200 (767)
fluxwavez 206 (348)
pk gaming 353 (444)
fluxwavez 463 (492)
flatearthpandas 485 (720)
theexodu5 527 (819)
blackbuzzard 535
fluxwavez 727 (893)

ii-vanguard-ii (1)
sorian 140 (932)
style 157 (391)
blackbuzzard 366 (535)
matt attack 802

franconp (0)
plop 141 (439)
flatearthpandas 187 (485)

starsketch (1)
verelios 207

rynam (0)
theexodu5 241 (260)
theexodu5 395 (518)

blackbuzzard (1)
theexodu5 260 (371)
exmachina64 331 (398)
franconp 806 (919)
wherearemahdragonz 846

pk gaming (2)
fluxwavez 348 (463)
exmachina64 398 (837)
plop 439
fluxwavez 492 (644)
ty4on 532 (812)
natiko 789
fluxwavez 914 (978)
hyperactivity 972 (980)

pkgaming (0)
theexodu5 371 (395)

roytheone (0)
el topo 388 (389)

fluxwavez (0)
pk gaming 444 (618)

hyperactivity (0)
hyperactivity 699 (722)

theexodu5 (7)
flatearthpandas 720
ty4on 823
exmachina64 837
pk gaming 860
hyperactivity 920 (928)
hyperactivity 931 (958)
sorian 932
fluxwavez 978
hyperactivity 980

natiko (1)
zippedpinhead 816

verelios (0)
style 889 (930)

Sophia

This room again...

Once again, you find yourself in the Velvet Room. Still, the room resembled an office. Blue velvet everywhere. Blue desks lined orderly with blue computers and blue screens. Everything was a weird shade of blue.

But something was different. In the corner, three computers that had once been neatly arranged were now destroyed. One of them had been smashed to pieces, but the other two looked like someone had melted them from the inside...

Igor was there. His large nose and wide grin unchanged from the previous visit. As you go over to sit down in the velvet office chair opposite of him, he begins to speak.

"We meet again..." came from behind those large teeth.

"The sounds of the Shadows have been silenced for the moment. But there is no time for celebration. For in their silence, they have attacked."

"The following day shall be a turning point for you and your fellow Persona users. Your actions here shall determine more than just your own fate...."

His grin widened, just like before. Did he always do this to end the conversation?

"But if you believe in the bonds that you have built forth, then you have nothing to fear. I expect wonderful news from you in the following days... Go forth, with your heart as your guide, and your Persona as your shield."

"I await your following visit..."

And just like that, the room disappeared in the same way it had before.

---------------

It must have happened during the night.

Waking up, the Persona users found the shrine in ashes. It was arson, there was no doubt of that, but even more troubling was that Sorian had been locked in there the night before, it was impossible to sleep with all that talking after all. Very little now remained of him.

But Sorian wasn’t the only casualty. Feeling that being locked up was too harsh, Ty4on had set out to release him, only to get caught up in the flames himself. It seemed as if an owl which had been living in the shrine had been caught in the blaze too.

In the distance, a faint meowing could be heard...

Sorian and Ty4on have died.

Sorian's role PM:

Welcome to the Velvet Room.

My name is Igor, and I am delighted to make your acquaintance. This place exists between dream and reality, mind and matter... It is a place where those with a special power may home their ability.

You, my dear, are gifted with the power of a Persona of the Hanged Man Arcana. This means you are aligned with the your fellow Persona users in the Town

With your powers together, you have the ability to vote and remove those who would threaten your town.

But your power is unique. Its power allows you to Gossip, and connect your mind with another's!

Summon your Persona during the day and use the command Invite: <player> to connect your minds together the following night. Your heart will require some rest after doing so, so you may only be connected to one person at a time. However, the memories of past conversations will still linger in your heart for all new guests to see.

And take heed of the Shadows that approach, for they threaten to destroy everything you hold dear. Find your fellow Persona users, connect your minds and hearts together, and make use of your bonds to draw back the Shadows.

My time is running short. However, dreams are a gateway to your future, and there is endless possibility stretched out before you.

'til we meet again...

Ty4on's role PM

Welcome to the Velvet Room.

My name is Igor, and I am delighted to make your acquaintance. This place exists between dream and reality, mind and matter... It is a place where those with a special power may home their ability.

You, my dear, are gifted with the power of a Persona of the Hierophant Arcana. This means you are aligned with the your fellow Persona users in the Town

With your powers together, you have the ability to vote and remove those who would threaten your town.

Your power is unique.... you can see further into people's hearts than normal. You have the ability to determine if someone is friend or foe. It is the power of a Weak Cop!

Summon your Persona during the night, and use the command Investigate: <player>[/higlight]

But take heed of the Shadows that approach, for they threaten to destroy everything you hold dear. Should you mistakenly investigate one of the Shadows, they will be alerted to your presence. Your life will not be spared.

As a Persona user, you also posses a strong will, and as such, shall be immune to any attempts of redirection, however in resisting these effects, you will also fail to reach your original target, and no result shall be returned.

Find your fellow Persona users, and make use of your bonds to draw back the Shadows.

My time is running short. However, dreams are a gateway to your future, and there is endless possibility stretched out before you.

'til we meet again...

Day 2 begins

Majority is 9

cya_1480107600.png

Banned
Alright if you have a look at the vote tally for the end of the first day you will realise I was the only player who did not vote for anyone. I understand that not voting for anyone is very scummy and does not help the town at all. Unfortunately I am pretty much busy every Friday afternoon and night and day one also finished at 5am for me. My original plan was to keep my vote on Style, but after he role-claimed I realised that that was not a good idea. I was planning on voting for someone else and was going to re-read the thread again but I just didn't have the time to do that. I didn't want to vote for someone based off my memory either as I felt that would be half-assedly doing something that should be based on actual information and not my shitty memory. This is the reason why I didn't vote for anyone and I know this is just an excuse but I wanted to explain what happened. For future days I'll try to manage my time a bit better so I can be available closer to the end of the day.

Anyway, TheExodu5 was lynched on the first day and he turned up scum. The votes on day one were spread out across different users and the lynch for Exodu5 ended up being a very last minute one. Because of this I doubt that many mafia users actually voted for Exodu5. I have gone back to look at all the players to see everyone's thought about Exodu5. Will this be of any use? I'm not sure, considering this was day one but I still feel there could be some important information to consider and I didn't really see the harm of typing a post like this up. Also, I apologise in advance if I missed anything.

11037: Gave no readings or opinions or Exodu at all.

BlackBuzzard: He was the only member to keep his vote on Style. However he did not post into the thread after Style's claim so... Did not appear to give any thoughts on Exodu5.

II-Vanguard-I: Voted for ExMachina64. Gave no opinions on Exodu5.

Exmachina64: Voted for Exodu5 here. Believes that Exodu5 and Hyperactcivity are working together.

Flatearthpandas: I believe he was the first person to vote for theExodu5, his vote and reasoning can be found here.

FluxWaveZ: Voted for Exodu5 at the very last minute. Originally hesitant about voting for Exodu5 and I'm presuming he would have kept his vote on PK Gaming if he could. Talks about Exodu5 here. Says "leaning town" and " I'm not too sure how he became one of our top lynch targets"

Franconp: Voted for Exmachina64. Looking through his posts I didn't find anything at all about Exodu5. Fran was a player who asked others to address their thoughts about other players often and I don't think he ever mentioned Exodu5.

WhereAreMahDragonz: Voted for BlackBuzzard. However, she mentions that she would be fine with an Exodu lynch as he is her 2nd top scum.

Matt Attack: Voted for Vanguard. His big post with everything can be found here. Regarding Exodu, believes "Null, leaning scum" and doesn't like his meta gaming or his argument with Rynam (now Ty4on)

Natiko: Voted for PK Gaming. His reads list is here. Disagrees with Exodu's reads list, says he didn't post anything with substance at first. "Leaning scum, but it’s a very light lean."

PK Gaming: Voted for Exodu here. Seemed very confident about Exodu being scum.

Plop: Voted for PK Gaming here. Briefly mentions Exodu saying he is a close second after PK Gaming.

Hyperactivity: Also voted for Exodu5 at the last minute. He voted for Exodu5 three times I believe and moved his vote around a lot, Exmachina64 and PK Gaming being other suspects. Doesn't have time for a detailed summary but his thoughts on Exodu are here.

Ty4on: Voted for Exodu. Wary of Exodu in this post and voted for him here.

Sorian: Voted for Exodu. Sorian's reads are here and his calling out of Exodu using the term bus is here.

StarSketch: Voted for Exmachina64 here because "Exodus made some really good points". Don't believe she made any other posts about Exodu.

Style: Voted for Exmachina64 here because "Some good reasons have been laid out to why by everyone else". I don't believe he really talked about Exodu5.

Verelios: Tried to vote for Exodu but he was too late so his vote remained on StarSketch. Suggested that he would rather vote for Exodu as he was more wary of the people trying to lynch Exmachina64.

Zippedpinhead: Voted for Natiko. Didn't like the votes for PK Gaming and said he would re-read for Exodu, Exmachina64 and and Vanguard.

Also here (old) and here (new) are Exodu5's read lists. To summarise:

Town - 11037, Flatearthpandas, Natiko, Plop, Ty4on, Verelios
Slight Town - Vanguard, Matt Attack, Hyperactivity
Neutral - PK Gaming
Null - Franconp, Sorian, Style, Zippedpinhead
Slight Scum - BlackBuzard, FluxWaveZ, WhereAreMahDragonz, StarSketch
Scum - Exmachina64

I hope that this information will be useful. Now, I will go back to sleep. Also, rip Sorian and Ty4on.

Banned
Actually, wait. Style, I'm going to guess you didn't do anything last night, correct? Or were you responsible for one of those deaths?

PK Gaming

dwbdkUL.png

???

What the actual fuck

2 people died? This is turning into a game of DanganRonpa.

Can't believe Sorian of all people is dead

And he had a damn useful power too...

PK Gaming

Wait, back up. How did Ty4on even die? Sophia's post says he died after trying to help Sorian. I know that's just flavor text, but did he get double killed?

Or did he die after investigating scum?

Top Bottom