• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2018 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| Man Blue vs Man Red for the KONAMI Cup

sheaaaa

Why do the AI defenders sometimes just stand and watch a loose ball they could easily reach? Like I'm farther away but I win it without a problem.

Does this still happen in the full game? Bothered me in the demo and I'm on the fence at the moment.

philm87

I think you can play online with this with Shareplay, anybody willing to try? I won't be able to get some online matches until Friday night.

Should work. I see no reason why not. Barely use shareplay other than to kick my bros backside on Madden, but it really cool that you can play someone without even owning the game.

philm87

Lacazette isn't at Arsenal? He wasn't even a deadline day signing, think I'll hold off from buying until they sort the transfers out.

Especially seeing as there is no option file capability for XB1, which is still the main issue I've had with this series in recent years. Can't wait to buy though, this is still a better football experience compared to FIFA.

He is with the liveupdate, just that the PC servers aren't up.

Lkr

No custom files on Xbox? I feel bad for konami since MS is sending it to the slaughter on the system. I really want to try the demo when my internet comes back and then decide if I'll buy on PC
Is it still just select teams in EPL?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
It's not PC gaming that is bad.

It is Lashley that is bad.

9J0x1f3.gif

Hasney

Reading this thread, I'm glad I moved away from PC gaming. Feels like half the posts here are people with PC issues of some sort.

1) Turn everything to high
2) Remove motion blur because it's shit and I don't want it in the PS4 version either
3) Play at higher than PS4 framerates.

No, that was pretty easy

Spat_triate

No custom files on Xbox? I feel bad for konami since MS is sending it to the slaughter on the system. I really want to try the demo when my internet comes back and then decide if I'll buy on PC
Is it still just select teams in EPL?

It will be that way until the end of days unless EA stops making exclusivity deals (not going to happen).

philm87

Really like the new free kicks. Look great if you view them from behind in a replay or training. Could never get on with the direction arrow.

What year was it where they had to wait until like mid November to release the updated rosters & they still didn't put Schwiensteiger in Man Utd

Garou

So I just started the game for the first time on Steam and it asks me to create User Data that "cannot be renamed or deleted". Is this something in my local save-file or is this some online-account thing?

(selfquote)
Anyone?

Hasney

Yeah, that random draft mode is great. I might even try playing the game over Parsec just to play it online with people.

Lkr

It will be that way until the end of days unless EA stops making exclusivity deals (not going to happen).
Do they have exclusivity though? Based on this thread I figured Arsenal was in the game unless people are complaining about a lack of a generic Lacazette lol
Are there any full leagues in this game? tbh it sounds like it's easy to import them in and I'm just looking for a more enjoyable single player simulation than EA currently provides

b0uncyfr0

Ok so render settings are in the Game now - why not put all the options in the actual game Konami?

Im playing the Demo atm - having a hard time with controls. How is it possible ppl are playing at 4K( unless you're on PS4). In the PC demo - resolution is capped at 1080p and DSR does not work.

Hasney

Ok so render settings are in the Game now - why not put all the options in the actual game Konami?

Im playing the Demo atm - having a hard time with controls. How is it possible ppl are playing at 4K( unless you're on PS4). In the PC demo - resolution is capped at 1080p and DSR does not work.

The option just appears. Seen other people complaining in the forums that they can't see it, but a lot of us can just see the resolutions in the settings exe

I had the 4k option on the Steam Demo. Can you go back to the "Settings.exe" in the game install folder and check again?

Bumhead

Banned
This definitely feels different from the demo. Definitely harder and shooting is better.

I dunno.. it almost feels more like 2017 than the demo did?

Also, what's going on with patches? According to my PS4 I have version 1.01 installed but all the transfers are off.. I thought these were to be fixed today before the option files dropped.

philm87

This definitely feels different from the demo. Definitely harder and shooting is better.

I dunno.. it almost feels more like 2017 than the demo did?

Also, what's going on with patches? According to my PS4 I have version 1.01 installed but all the transfers are off.. I thought these were to be fixed today before the option files dropped.

Transfers will be done by the live update system, not the game patch. Make sure you're connected to the PES servers.

Bumhead

Banned
Transfers will be done by the live update system, not the game patch. Make sure you're connected to the PES servers.

Yeah my bad. I was checking the squad lists in the edit mode, but just tried to play an exhibition match and they're alright there.

Sweep14

Do they have exclusivity though? Based on this thread I figured Arsenal was in the game unless people are complaining about a lack of a generic Lacazette lol
Are there any full leagues in this game? tbh it sounds like it's easy to import them in and I'm just looking for a more enjoyable single player simulation than EA currently provides

EA has exclusivity deal with FA. IIRC this deal only allows Konami the possibility to have 2 teams licensed in premier league.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
4k mightn't appear in your options if you don't have a 4k capable monitor/tv connected

if wouldn't surprise me if KONAMI didn't understand what downsampling was

Jingo

As expected, the beta had perfect servers, no lag at all, final game, cant play a fuckin match, all players look like they weight a tone, what a disappointment.

Nah servers not up on PC

Should've been done before a day one patch anyway tbh

Before the update David McGoldrick wasn't in the Ipswich squad despite being an Ipswich player since 2013.

Yet Dominic Samuel - on loan from Reading last season and featured about 5 times - was in the starting lineup.

I'd love to know who do their rosters.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
this is the really the first pc version that is the "same" as the best console ones? I thought that there were other ones...

this is the really the first pc version that is the "same" as the best console ones? I thought that there were other ones...

I think the switch to the consoles ones being better happened with either PES 2014 or PES 2015 when they started using the Fox engine. I remember Seabass saying primary dev was on PC.

austino6

Banned
Are you the same lashley from 360iso? I have seen a few wwe posts of yours @ now a pro evo OT... Yeah i reckon you are.

Top Bottom