• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2018 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| Man Blue vs Man Red for the KONAMI Cup

mauaus

Can't decide if I should get this for XB1 or PS4. I have a Pro and am getting Scorpio at launch. But you guys said it does not (yet) have Pro support? Or did I misread that?

Leaning to PS4 version so I can import the kits.

According to Major Nelson's list, it will be getting a 4K patch.
https://majornelson.com/blog/xbox-one-x-enhanced/

ELiQuuc.png

PS4 version allows for changing kits, names, etc with a few easy clicks. Do NOT get the Xbox version unless you dont mind having to do all the work yourself

Bumhead

Banned
Can't decide if I should get this for XB1 or PS4. I have a Pro and am getting Scorpio at launch. But you guys said it does not (yet) have Pro support? Or did I misread that?

ELiQuuc.png

If you're even remotely interested in kit importing (and being a Juve fan, you probably should be) then you want to get this on PS4.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I never use my monitor OC, happy with 144hz, cba with 180hz

Using my TV atm though for 4k

b0uncyfr0

No quit button in the Demo? I cant find a way to exit. Also menus are still capped at 30 fps even though Fraps is saying 180 fps. Is it that hard to do more than 30 fps in a menu. Jeez. It makes the game feel so unpolished. Unless its just the Demo.?

Regarding the Vsync/refresh rate - i'm sitting around 150+ fps with fastsync and it works quite well except i get very sudden judders out of nowhere frequently. Unsure if its FastSync or the game. Will check with adaptive as well.

Lashley

No quit button in the Demo? I cant find a way to exit. Also menus are still capped at 30 fps even though Fraps is saying 180 fps.

Is it that hard to do more than 30 fps in a menu. Jeez. It makes the game feel so unpolished.

Unless its just the Demo.?

just the demo, im getting 60 in the full game

Godan

Whats the best option file to get then on PC at the moment? Also once online comes on will i have to reinstall the option file?

Long time FIFA player, Xbox One, thinking about moving to PES 18 this year.

Sorry for the noobness but OPTION FILES on Xbox:

- What can you import to the game?
- What can't you import into the game?
- How does the imported assets limit your gameplay (as in online modes, campaigns, etc)
- How to import Option Files into XBox One?

Thanks!

Lashley

- How does the imported assets limit your gameplay (as in online modes, campaigns, etc)

Thanks!

You literally can't import anything on xbox one

No FIFA for me this year, I just like PES better after playing both demos. I only play offline, is master league any good? Can't be worse then Fifa career mode...

I've never played a PES game before and I'm on the pc, could someone explain where to get the custom kits and such? Or will I have to wait a few days?

Thanks!

NXGamer

ELiQuuc.png

It does have Pro support but that is from a 4K geometry mode only, textures, effects etc are all as per 1080 PS4 mode. I cover this in my review which is in my site and channel if you wish to watch/read.

Thanks!
Sadly, Xbox does not allow kit imports so Pc or PS4 is your best option.

Lashley

Gameplay is a big part of the mode though, no? The only thing better about CM in FIFA is the UI and layout.

Not really, I wouldn't base the modes by the on the pitch gameplay since thats the same everywhere, I'd base the mode on what you can do in it, how the AI acts etc

And FIFA has it beat in that regard

NXGamer

Not really, I wouldn't base the modes by the on the pitch gameplay since thats the same everywhere, I'd base the mode on what you can do in it, how the AI acts etc

What?!?
It is ALL about the gameplay and Pes wins hands down over Fifa on that score, Fifa wins on presentation though but that is a smaller portion of the games enjoyment.

Matty8787

But if you remove the gameplay from the modes then it is just a tile staring simulator lol.

ML is more fun for me.

T-Rex.

Banned
As if the servers are still down lmao. The gameplay is so good, but they always seem to sabotage themselves every single year.

Bumhead

Banned
Thats the gameplay though, not the actual mode itself

I think as long as playing against the AI remains interesting for 34/38/46 games a season, which in PES it does, that's the bulk of the "mode" being fun.

I actually wish Master League and a "Career Mode" were separate things. Build on what ML currently is and carry on expanding the features to keep pace with what FIFA is doing, and rename it to Career Mode. But let Master League be what always made Master League so fun. Trim all the fat. Just you and the default starting squad, set out to try and build the best squad you can as quickly as you can and go nuts.

Master League was always like a turbo fantasy football and I wish we could still have that sort of arcadey mode in addition to the serious "management" one. I'd sooner have that than Become A Legend.

Lashley

What?!?
It is ALL about the gameplay and Pes wins hands down over Fifa on that score, Fifa wins on presentation though but that is a smaller portion of the games enjoyment.
Mate, we're on about Master League vs Career Mode, not the overall games.
But if you remove the gameplay from the modes then it is just a tile staring simulator lol.

ML is more fun for me.

I think as long as playing against the AI remains interesting for 34/38/46 games a season, which in PES it does, that's the bulk of the "mode" being fun.

I actually wish Master League and a "Career Mode" were separate things. Build on what ML currently is and carry on expanding the features to keep pace with what FIFA is doing, and rename it to Career Mode. But let Master League be what always made Master League so fun. Trim all the fat. Just you and the default starting squad, set out to try and build the best squad you can as quickly as you can and go nuts.

Master League was always like a turbo fantasy football and I wish we could still have that sort of arcadey mode in addition to the serious "management" one. I'd sooner have that than Become A Legend.

If we're comparing modes, I wouldn't include the gameplay. Yes obviously if its shit you'll tire playing 38 games, but same could be said for Exhibition or MyClub

When I compare ML and Career Mode I think of the transfer system, tactics I can use for my team, contract negotiations, news reported about whats happening within it, how the AI behave when strengthening their teams etc and in that regard CM is better than ML imo

Bydobob

Not detecting stutter outside of replays here. Are people capping their framerate? First thing to do if you're exceeding your refresh rate. Playing at a capped 163 fps here with 6700k/GTX 1080 at 1440p and it's glorious.

Finding it hard to settle on a single brightness setting that looks good in all conditions though. Just a few clicks the wrong way can ruin the look. It's very contrast/brightness sensitive.

As for the game, is anyone else finding lofted passes more accurate? Probably a case of more intelligent player positioning, but I'm having more success switching play with a long ball than in PES 2017.

Lashley

Not detecting stutter outside of replays here. Are people capping their framerate? First thing to do if you're exceeding your refresh rate. Playing at a capped 163 fps here with 6700k/GTX 1080 at 1440p and it's glorious.

Finding it hard to settle on a single brightness setting that looks good in all conditions though. Just a few clicks the wrong way can ruin the look. It's very contrast/brightness sensitive.

As for the game, is anyone else finding lofted passes more accurate? Probably a case of more intelligent player positioning, but I'm having more success switching play with a long ball than in PES 2017.

I've got it capped at 60 on my TV, gonna try adaptive sync

As for brightness, I've got it on 25, contrast is just left at default

Top Bottom