• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT| YOUR MAJESTY

ezodagrom

so is there a enlglish patch for this game that wont lock you out the server? or do you pretty much play with the japanese on. i really want to play this game and is getting impatient with sega...
Yes, there is an english patch, or more correctly, there's 3 packs of english patches.
There's the core pack, which translates menus and alot of important things, there's the large pack, which translates some extra optional things, and there's the story pack, which translates the story up to chapter 8/matterboard 8.

If you do use the story patch, I recommend making a backup of the data folder, otherwise you'll have to do a 1GB+ download every time there's an update.

You can find the core and large english patches here:
http://psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=206

And the story patch here:
http://psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=361

so is there a enlglish patch for this game that wont lock you out the server? or do you pretty much play with the japanese on. i really want to play this game and is getting impatient with sega...

As above, I haven't heard of anyone running into trouble using the english patches. Just be aware it's against the TOS and you should probably use caution when setting autowords or sharing screenshots.

After more than 500 grinders and almost 2M to grind up to +10, and then another 1M just to set 3 slots with shitty afixes (madness):

2013-02-2820.53.39jqpgy.jpg

This, at my first try, with the +20% afix boost from recent give away.

I hate this system. I was about to get +10 after few thousand meseta and less than 100 grinders, then Dodo ruined the weapon from +9 to +2 in 3 tries.Then, I went into the safe route for afixing 3 slots, and just to afix 3 stamina I, power I and the likes of that, cost me over 1M. So 3M just for a regular set up, nothing awesome.

I also noticed Spirita Boost is only 250k now. Maybe because they are going to release S-ata, R-ata and T-ata boosts.

Today we fought Starcreator clone. Sadly, I wasn't able to take a better screenshot than this one:

And, for the end, have a look at this chrome extension for PSO2. It warns about EM based on Twitter account. Also provide direct links, translations and hiragana keyboard for captchas at PSO2 site.

The boss of the side story mission,
Claris
is pretty tough. Fights kind of like a clone but way more aggressive, faster, and shoots fire spells at maximum speed. Also tends to fully ignore whatever NPC you partnered with and comes straight after you.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The boss of the side story mission,
Claris
is pretty tough. Fights kind of like a clone but way more aggressive, faster, and shoots fire spells at maximum speed. Also tends to fully ignore whatever NPC you partnered with and comes straight after you.
To think that I was 1 item short of all 8 mbs at 100% befor the Vita version hit and now I have so many things to do that I don't know where to start... 2 new mbs, maxing Toro and Kuro's intimacy for the mag devices, doing the last few levels until 30 with my force to unlock techer and play with peeps who just started on the Vita... Decisions, decisions.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Cross posting with the PSO2 Vita OT, since some people might not read that:
Today I finally finished all Vita-exclusive content. Toro and Kuro COs, Story quest 9 and 10, getting the Kuna partner card as the award for the latter.
Although I haven't 100% cleared the new MBs, all the remaining nodes can be completed on the PC.

Story wise, the 2 new quests are ridiculously stupid, but that was to be expected, since idols are involved. Still, the relations between characters were facepalm inducing.

Chrome Dragon was really easy and boring in its first form, but the real one (I think that's the one which appears in codes, according to the trailers) had many interesting attacks and was really fun to fight.

FlyFaster

Sorry, I tried reading through many of the pages here but I give up.

My laptop (my only computer) has these specs, could I run PSO2?

Intel(R)Core(TM)2CPU
T7200@2.00GHz
2.00GHz,2.00GB RAM
Windows XP

Gattuso

i would say medium-low settings @ 720p would give you around 25-30fps but you should download their benchmark tool to see how it runs with various settings
edit: the site said i didn't pass but it runs fine for me

Soma

Yeah I just started playing this and it works great on my laptop.

Are there still a good amount of GAF members playing this? I've mostly been hanging around Ship 2 and doing the beginning quests.

FlyFaster

i would say medium-low settings @ 720p would give you around 25-30fps but you should download their benchmark tool to see how it runs with various settings
edit: the site said i didn't pass but it runs fine for me

I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up. I wouldn't start playing until an English version came out anyway.

EDIT:

ran the benchmark lololol score:641 on lowest possible settings.

So.... not happening. Maybe I'll get a vita after a price drop. Have Fun guys!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yeah I just started playing this and it works great on my laptop.

Are there still a good amount of GAF members playing this? I've mostly been hanging around Ship 2 and doing the beginning quests.
Around 7 people from Gaf, maybe more playing actively in the team.

Jockel

I'm playing right now, feel free to add my ID.
Should be "joggle"
Just started playing, so I need dat action support.

I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up. I wouldn't start playing until an English version came out anyway.

EDIT:

ran the benchmark lololol score:641 on lowest possible settings.

So.... not happening. Maybe I'll get a vita after a price drop. Have Fun guys!

The performance you see while it runs is more important than the score I think. At one point I ran the game on my Pentium-M 735 laptop with MobilityRadeon X300 graphics. It wasn't pretty but it worked.

ezodagrom

GeForce Go 7600

edit:

I went to Can you run it? and the site said that I can't. Oh well.

video card and CPU not good enough. Everything else checked out.
Your laptop is kinda like mine, except I have a Mobility Radeon X1600.
For me the game runs at minimum settings, but certain effects cause framerate problems (like shifta and deband effects). It's kinda playable, but you'll get a better experience in the Vita version.

Velocity

Hey dudes and dudettes. So I just started playing again, and by again I mean I haven't really played since the beta. So! I'm level 14 on Ship 2 and would like to play with some people around my level or so. I play on PC and I can be added and found under the name "Kreeze" in-game. I usually play in the evenings PST/PDT.

Also, how's the Vita version? Anyone here playing it?

Hey dudes and dudettes. So I just started playing again, and by again I mean I haven't really played since the beta. So! I'm level 14 on Ship 2 and would like to play with some people around my level or so. I play on PC and I can be added and found under the name "Kreeze" in-game. I usually play in the evenings PST/PDT.

Also, how's the Vita version? Anyone here playing it?

I'm personally most likely to be on between 8-10 PM EST/EDT. I play on both PC and Vita.

You can check out the Vita OT if you haven't already. Honestly, the biggest problem with it is that a lot of PC players still sit in the PC only blocks.

Soma

I'm starting to get the hang of this game lately (I'm really new to MMO's) and I'm finding myself enjoying it quite a bit.

I might be on later today but anyone is free to add me. Character/Player Name: NeoSoma

Velocity

I'm personally most likely to be on between 8-10 PM EST/EDT. I play on both PC and Vita.

You can check out the Vita OT if you haven't already. Honestly, the biggest problem with it is that a lot of PC players still sit in the PC only blocks.

Oh, nice. I didn't notice the Vita version thread. I don't have a Vita just yet as I can't justify the current price-to-games-I-want ratio, but something like PSO2 on the go just sounds great; Especially for lunch work hour co-op sessions.

Velocity

Home sick today, so I'll be playing off and on. Finally was able to complete the volcano free field last night to get desert access. Yay me! I try to play in block 20 if anyone decides to holler.

Soma

Home sick today, so I'll be playing off and on. Finally was able to complete the volcano free field last night to get desert access. Yay me! I try to play in block 20 if anyone decides to holler.

Hey I did the same thing last night too! Vol Dragon gave me some trouble but I got pretty careless my first couple tries.

That White Day Emergency Quest going on is amazing btw.

Velocity

Hey I did the same thing last night too! Vol Dragon gave me some trouble but I got pretty careless my first couple tries.

That White Day Emergency Quest going on is amazing btw.

Yeah that was pretty awesome. Quartz dragons and dark ragni were constantly spawning. Ended up staying in it well past the end of the mission. Got some new weapons from it, too!

Jockel

Ok I was just playing with dr. apocalipsis, but my pc went completely nuts, so I'm posting to say sorry I left the game so unexpectedly. You were right, it was overheating. Posting from my phone ._.

DrFurbs

Guys I'm having problems getting past the Japanese captcha. I've tried using the page listed to match the characters and even the Google translator app which uses the camera but no avail. Could someone help me please that knows some japanese even by creating an id for me if I give then a username and password /email?

Best.

d.

Guys I'm having problems getting past the Japanese captcha. I've tried using the page listed to match the characters and even the Google translator app which uses the camera but no avail. Could someone help me please that knows some japanese even by creating an id for me if I give then a username and password /email?

Best.

d.

Post the captcha here or in the Vita PSN Game and Service Thread and someone can probably solve it for you. Also, once you're past that hurdle, make sure you read up on the friend invite system so you set yourself up to receive the rewards - lots of details in the Vita OT.

Haven't seen it mentioned here yet, but I'm hearing weekly maintenance is being done one day early this week, so the servers will be going down tonight at 10 PM EDT.

kch

I managed to create a SEGA-ID and downloaded the game, but when I launch it to start updating I got some error window and when I click it another update starts that took ages to complete. Had to leave the pc on over night so it would finish. Launched the game and got to the launchwindow, click the big button which I assume is 'Play' but nothing happens.
When I try to start it again I get the same error code at the update, but it don't take as long to finish now. However I still cannot get past the launchwindow as it just closes and nothing happens when I click play.
Anyone had this issue or know what I'm doing wrong? Uninstalled and deleted the folder, downloading the game again now to start fresh, see if it works..

DrFurbs

Im just updating the game now too after days of trying to decypher the capcha - so I guess I'll see if I have the same issue as you tomorrow. Update is slow on my fibre optic!

Top Bottom