• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT| YOUR MAJESTY

ezodagrom

I managed to create a SEGA-ID and downloaded the game, but when I launch it to start updating I got some error window and when I click it another update starts that took ages to complete. Had to leave the pc on over night so it would finish. Launched the game and got to the launchwindow, click the big button which I assume is 'Play' but nothing happens.
When I try to start it again I get the same error code at the update, but it don't take as long to finish now. However I still cannot get past the launchwindow as it just closes and nothing happens when I click play.
Anyone had this issue or know what I'm doing wrong? Uninstalled and deleted the folder, downloading the game again now to start fresh, see if it works..
Could be the permissions issue, you can either change the permissions of the executables manually, or you could use the fixed exe that is posted in bumped sometime after maintenances.

The current fixed exe is posted here:
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-maintenance-and-patch-3132013/

But today there's maintenance, a new exe may be needed, which will be posted here:
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-maintenance-3192013/

DrFurbs

Ive been watching a lot of youtube videos on boss fights. The bosses don't appear to do much apart from just stand about taking damage. Is this a feature in the beta and have things changed since?

Ive been watching a lot of youtube videos on boss fights. The bosses don't appear to do much apart from just stand about taking damage. Is this a feature in the beta and have things changed since?

You'd have to link the particular video for us to tell you exactly what's going on, but most likely what you're seeing is a team of players that know how to efficiently make use of all of a given boss's weaknesses, which takes skill. To my knowledge boss behavior has not been significantly tweaked since closed beta, nor do I feel it needs to be.

How many runs, on average, do you think it takes to get Falz Rod on VH?

Like, I'm basically screwed right?

Falz rares have a relatively high drop rate. So you should get one eventually. Of course its all up to RNG, but there are better alternatives to the Falz rod now. Like the Red Gramasciento or the Seitenheise.

Falz rares have a relatively high drop rate. So you should get one eventually. Of course its all up to RNG, but there are better alternatives to the Falz rod now. Like the Red Gramasciento or the Seitenheise.

Those two are the ones from the exchange shop, right?

I'm waiting till I'm 55 on at least one class before I start doing those runs.

They are from the exchange shop, yes. Although AQ's are actually really good sources of EXP even with the exp scaling, especially if you use EXP tickets.

They are from the exchange shop, yes. Although AQ's are actually really good sources of EXP even with the exp scaling, especially if you use EXP tickets.

My Techer is so squishy I wouldn't dream about doing that right now (AQs)

I've been running the Ruins on VH and trying to get in 12 man parties.

sibarraz

Banned
Hey guys, how good is the customisation in this game?

I want to create some classic ps characters, like rudolph ''rudo'' steiner or amy sage, or alis if it's possible

Hey guys, how good is the customisation in this game?

I want to create some classic ps characters, like rudolph ''rudo'' steiner or amy sage, or alis if it's possible

Character customization is to a ridiculous degree. You should be able to make just about anything.

but it had some props to ressemble classic characters?

I'm completely unfamiliar with the original franchise, but the game is free. Why not try it out yourself? Alternatively there's an offline benchmark/character creator tool you could also use without signing up for the game.

What new stuff have they added. The last time I was here was when they introduced Dark Falz and I did read up on the enemy home world and clones thingy, but after that I don't know.
Ohh since PSO2 has been delayed you guys should recruit more people. I'm sure some will cave for sure now.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
What new stuff have they added. The last time I was here was when they introduced Dark Falz and I did read up on the enemy home world and clones thingy, but after that I don't know.
Ohh since PSO2 has been delayed you guys should recruit more people. I'm sure some will cave for sure now.
Advance quest, Story Stuff. I'd gladly recruit people who came with the Vita version, but haven't played PSO2 in quite a long time.

kiryogi

Banned
I've been playing pretty religiously since the advent of the Vita ver. . . although mainly on PC, because 60fps and all dat. I'm on ship 2, name is きょり。 And unfortunately I'm not and won't be on the NeoGAF team (I'm with StarCreator) but I'll help out if need be.

Blueblur1

Despite not liking certain aspects of the game, I loaded it up Sunday night and lost 4 hours to it. Played for a few hours last night. The base combat is still very very fun so I'm gonna keep playing.

omlet

I've been playing pretty religiously since the advent of the Vita ver. . . although mainly on PC, because 60fps and all dat. I'm on ship 2, name is きょり。 And unfortunately I'm not and won't be on the NeoGAF team (I'm with StarCreator) but I'll help out if need be.

Man, I want to try this game out but I'm so hooked on TERA right now... :x

Spent my savings (500k) trying to grind my 9* rod to 10. It failed 9 times going to 10. Used up my 6 -1s and my 1 5%. I did this after somehow selling my +10, 7* rod so I figured I kind of had to.

I was damn close to deleting my character yesterday.

can someone walk me through purchasing and opening a shop in this game? hopefully i don't have to deal with captcha again :-(

I'm not sure Keiician completely understood your question, so...

There are three ways to get access to selling your items in the game:
  1. Receive a Myshop 3 Day pass as a FUN scratch prize.
  2. Purchase a Myshop 30 day pass from the AC shop.
  3. Purchase the Premium Set (any duration) from the AC shop. Myshop access is included.
The latter two obviously require AC, which Keii has linked how-to guides for. If you go this route, I personally think you're better off getting the premium set than the Myshop pass given how much more you get for not a whole lot more AC. The free route (depending on FUN scratch) is obviously going to be more random but you get more FUN by logging in on consecutive days and completing quests with friend partner NPCs.

Spent my savings (500k) trying to grind my 9* rod to 10. It failed 9 times going to 10. Used up my 6 -1s and my 1 5%. I did this after somehow selling my +10, 7* rod so I figured I kind of had to.

I was damn close to deleting my character yesterday.

Not to scare you but that's just a drop in the bucket. I'm at +9 on my 10* talis after about 4 or 5 million spent.

Not to scare you but that's just a drop in the bucket. I'm at +9 on my 10* talis after about 4 or 5 million spent.

It doesn't so much as you have other stuff to fall back.

I'm of the opinion that cards are for people that shouldn't be in that area. I tried hunting for cards but realized that's so low on my priority list that I won't do it until everything else is crossed off my list.

How much in American is the difference between "My shop" and "Premium Set". I couldn't care less about the room, but the extra storage is a big plus. I really only want the shop tbh

It doesn't so much as you have other stuff to fall back.

I'm of the opinion that cards are for people that shouldn't be in that area. I tried hunting for cards but realized that's so low on my priority list that I won't do it until everything else is crossed off my list.

... huh?

How much in American is the difference between "My shop" and "Premium Set". I couldn't care less about the room, but the extra storage is a big plus. I really only want the shop tbh

A Myshop 30 day pass is 700 AC and 30 days of premium set is 1300 AC. How much that will end up costing you will vary depending on how you fund your AC. SuToCorp charges 5800 yen for 5000 yen of WebMoney, which is worth 5150 AC if you use all the WebMoney at once. Currency conversion rates vary by the hour so you'll just have to find out how much it'll cost you at the time you purchase it, but with all fees considered you should expect $1 US to be worth around 90 yen.

To be honest, I can't imagine playing regularly without the premium set. All the extras they've added to it like being able to take 40 client orders or entering full blocks are just too good.

Blueblur1

Web Money is the only way to purchase AC now, huh? That blows. It's ridiculous that they block foreign credit cards. It's easy money.

kiryogi

Banned
Woo Spring Romantica!
5152c2aa2e0efc2bee90c385.jpg
/

omlet

I lost 4 hours to the character creator benchmark thing last night thanks to kiryogi...

That is a really impressive character creator. I see now why I hear so much praise for it.

...I might have to play this game now so all that work on my cute android girl doesn't go to waste. Assuming the game can import my little 1KB saved character files, that is. Can anyone confirm?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I lost 4 hours to the character creator benchmark thing last night thanks to kiryogi...

That is a really impressive character creator. I see now why I hear so much praise for it.

...I might have to play this game now so all that work on my cute android girl doesn't go to waste. Assuming the game can import my little 1KB saved character files, that is. Can anyone confirm?
Yes, you can import your character from the creator. Better not remove it until importing though (that's what I did).

How do you guys go about making GOOD armor?

I want to try to add Tech III, Ragne Soul, and Stamina III to 3 pieces of armor. I understand you need to fodder pieces for soul to transfer, but do you transfer that first, or last? Do you try to put mutation on it first? Do you make 2 fodder pieces into what you want your target piece as ( 2x) to increase your chances?

How do you guys go about making GOOD armor?

I want to try to add Tech III, Ragne Soul, and Stamina III to 3 pieces of armor. I understand you need to fodder pieces for soul to transfer, but do you transfer that first, or last? Do you try to put mutation on it first? Do you make 2 fodder pieces into what you want your target piece as ( 2x) to increase your chances?

If you were raging about spending 500k meseta on grinding, I really, really suggest scaling back your plans. I've never managed more than 2 affixes on my armor, and some pieces I couldn't even manage more than 1 before I ran out of fodder.

If you were raging about spending 500k meseta on grinding, I really, really suggest scaling back your plans. I've never managed more than 2 affixes on my armor, and some pieces I couldn't even manage more than 1 before I ran out of fodder.

i was butt-hurt. i wasn't raging...

i'm only trying to realistically attach 2 abilities per piece of gear. I've seen some people with 4 and 5, but that just seems crazy expensive

Blueblur1

So is the english patch causing problems with the latest patch? I updated the game and it doesn't load the title screen but when I patch it again (thus removing the english patch) it loads the title screen.

Edit: Nevermind. Grabbed the latest file from psumods forum.

Had 15 minutes until bedtime, decided to pull together a team for a quick time attack run.

Ended up doing 57 minutes of Darker's Den instead.

I guess you guys need to look out for my clone again for the next couple days...

EDIT: Emergency maintenance was just announced. It will run from 1400 to 1900 JST (1 AM to 6 AM EDT).

I think Sega is brilliant for adding a system that requires a premium set in order to buy S-rank weapons. I wish it were easier for me to purchase such a thing

i was butt-hurt. i wasn't raging...

i'm only trying to realistically attach 2 abilities per piece of gear. I've seen some people with 4 and 5, but that just seems crazy expensive

Soul + III shouldn't be that hard. I affixed that quickly on my Ragne Set. But some items just refuse hard to be affixed. I was stuck for a week trying to add Vol+PIII to my second Ruins Charm (I got a third one yesterday :S). Several millions in a not high end sword.

The safer way is to add soul + fodder, then throw 2 more souls and 2 III. That are 80% chances every slot. That, with a afix boost, should do the job. Nothing under 100% is safe wih Dodo. He ruined several 90% for me.

Back in the day, I afixed Ragne + TechIII + Spirita boost in 2 of my units, and in my Rod and Wand. Nowadays, I see that just impossible. Just to add 2 crap slots to any weapon is a pain.

Over that, new units are being released, so no hurry. King Vardha set is available since yesterday.

Soul + III shouldn't be that hard. I affixed that quickly on my Ragne Set. But some items just refuse hard to be affixed. I was stuck for a week trying to add Vol+PIII to my second Ruins Charm (I got a third one yesterday :S). Several millions in a not high end sword.

The safer way is to add soul + fodder, then throw 2 more souls and 2 III. That are 80% chances every slot. That, with a afix boost, should do the job. Nothing under 100% is safe wih Dodo. He ruined several 90% for me.

Back in the day, I afixed Ragne + TechIII + Spirita boost in 2 of my units, and in my Rod and Wand. Nowadays, I see that just impossible. Just to add 2 crap slots to any weapon is a pain.

Over that, new units are being released, so no hurry. King Vardha set is available since yesterday.

Thanks for the reply...

now, are you talking about a naked piece (no slots) and adding 2 slots to that, or are you talking about a 1 slot, or 2 slot armor and changing the slots around?

Thanks for the reply...

now, are you talking about a naked piece (no slots) and adding 2 slots to that, or are you talking about a 1 slot, or 2 slot armor and changing the slots around?

Just remember, all this RNG thing is pure crap. At a point, I was used to do Soul+III on a 1 slot wep/armor. That is 37% and 42% IIRC. And it used to work 1/3 of the times. Then Dodo started to hate me and fail most of 80% tries.

2 slots target lets you a lot of combinations. Even with low chances, it may work even adding a slot in the process. It's up to your fodder and mood. If you have already 1 slot, you can add directly soul. That is 40% for soul, and 70% for low level slot. In fact, unlocking a second slot, prior to add Soul, only gives you 10% higher chances on that Soul. 100% on fodder slot, that is also true, but 70% is already a good chance.

Then 2 fodder souls, and one or two III. Trying to be cheap here may cost you a lot of meseta.

If you are going to try Soul+III+Boost, save at least 1M (that you will lose), an afix booster, and do the safe way. It's true I did almost all my spirita boost adding a slot after failing the safer way, but also that I burned some Spirita Boost items, and they aren't cheap. You will notice then how expensive is to afix 10* items, just trying to set it to 3 fodder slots may eat that million meseta.

As an advice, don't try to do your III fodder yourself. Buy it between 1k and 10k or farm it at AQ's. Soul+III fodder is around 250k on ship 2.

And remember that Dodo is just like gambling, stay away from him as much as you can. An extreme poor man is talking.

Just remember, all this RNG thing is pure crap. At a point, I was used to do Soul+III on a 1 slot wep/armor. That is 37% and 42% IIRC. And it used to work 1/3 of the times. Then Dodo started to hate me and fail most of 80% tries.

2 slots target lets you a lot of combinations. Even with low chances, it may work even adding a slot in the process. It's up to your fodder and mood. If you have already 1 slot, you can add directly soul. That is 40% for soul, and 70% for low level slot. In fact, unlocking a second slot, prior to add Soul, only gives you 10% higher chances on that Soul. 100% on fodder slot, that is also true, but 70% is already a good chance.

Then 2 fodder souls, and one or two III. Trying to be cheap here may cost you a lot of meseta.

If you are going to try Soul+III+Boost, save at least 1M (that you will lose), an afix booster, and do the safe way. It's true I did almost all my spirita boost adding a slot after failing the safer way, but also that I burned some Spirita Boost items, and they aren't cheap. You will notice then how expensive is to afix 10* items, just trying to set it to 3 fodder slots may eat that million meseta.

As an advice, don't try to do your III fodder yourself. Buy it between 1k and 10k or farm it at AQ's. Soul+III fodder is around 250k on ship 2.

And remember that Dodo is just like gambling, stay away from him as much as you can. An extreme poor man is talking.

I'm not sure I understand most of this post...

are you saying you would affix a 1* (lets so with no slot initially) to get to 2 slots of what you're after (III + soul), make 2 of them, then try adding those to your armor (after adding 2, low level skills) to increase your rate of success?

I wish I would have realized before unlocking a weapon that it seems better to affix first, then unlock, rather than the other way around

If you are feeling lucky, given 1 or 0 slot Unit/Weapon:

1 - Throw 1 III (60%, less if 0 slots)
2 - Throw 2 Souls and add a slot in the process. (37% Soul + 42% III)

Low chances (15%), RNG blessing needed. You only waste 2 fodder souls and 1 fodder III, if everything works at 1st try.

If you are sick of Dodo drinking your blood slowly:

1 - Throw 2 Souls and keep crap I (37% + 70% going from 1 to 2 slots, 50% + 100% if you have already 2 slots)
2 - Throw 2 more Souls + 2 III (80% + 80%) + Afix booster (+5% or +10%. Keep +20% for 3 slots afixing).

In this case, you need 2 Souls and 2 Souls+III in a perfect scenario. Much more expensive. Can (and will) fail anyway, with an epic dumb face. Keep in mind that it's just a 64% chances of success in both slots.

With one slot, or even two, you can try the lucky chance. With 3 slots, you just need to burn money to have some real chances. Some players refuse to waste money at Dodo and buy equip already grinded and afixed at shop players.

About making your own fodder, just do it if you got the right drops. Do not try to upgrade 2 or 3 II into III. Not worth it anymore. Of course, don't do any of above for fodder.

If you have 2 or 3 Ragne Souls + II and a mutation, you can try a Ragne + III
If you have 2 Ragne + crap, and one III + crap, you can try to do Ragne + III too (50% + 60%).

Just don't do fodder 'just in case'. You will be burning money.

Top Bottom