• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT| YOUR MAJESTY

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Phew, added the road map to the OP.

And for the new page:
PSO2 is currently under a 7 hour long maintenance which should end in 4 hours.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I didn't want to copy paste the post from bumped.org so I've done it from the scratch and I think that some things might be a little bit different.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The folks from Giant Bomb did another playthrough of PSO2, this time showing off the rest of the game. The quick look didn't reveal much, but this is a much better showcase of the game (1.5 hr): http://www.twitch.tv/giantbomb/b/323811107
Added it to the video section of the op, along with the 6 minute release trailer.

Because it's been a while since I've updated my min.us PSO2 folder, I uploaded 10 new screenshots.
ibb4d3eu7uGr8Y.jpg

iXrYnhjVW99RF.jpg

My beloved Buster Sword with +10% xp skill.

iZJQbHbmscWPD.jpg

Getting ready for our first Time Attack quest.

ibobRTo1jGuZae.jpg

Clearing the time attack on hard mode took us about 35 minutes.

iGVIqQltm38IU.jpg

"Code Destruction". Don't really like how it boils down to beating a ball.

iqKqa5tAFr8K8.jpg

There's nothing as awesome as a Cross Burst during a city mission.

isEeVMKmKHNWE.jpg

And the loot.

Edit:
Ok, I think it's the last OP update for today. Added the "Extras" section with avatars and the PSO2 font from the official site. Enjoy!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Is Time Attack a late-game addition? When does the client order (I'm assuming it's a Kofi client order) for it unlock?
It unlocks after doing all the Tundra quests except for the free roam one. No Coffee's CO is required.

After finishing the Time Attack for the first time, you are introduced to a new CO NPC (he's standing near Joseph), which COs require you to get a S rank in both Normal and Hard Time Attack quests.

Edit:
They're moving some of the blocks from the less populated ones to the first few and are enforcing a character creation restriction in ships 1-3 again.

No wonder. Tried to create a character and it wouldn't let me. Do you know how long this restriction is going to last?

Also, is the restriction because of all the English players?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
No wonder. Tried to create a character and it wouldn't let me. Do you know how long this restriction is going to last?

Also, is the restriction because of all the English players?
It's a restriction enforced because players couldn't even log to the most populated ships during the prime time and has nothing to do with English players.
As for lifting the limit, we can just guess that it will happen when the thing calm down a bit or if a new server hardware is added.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Sorr. For the double. The maintenance has ended 2 hours ago and a small patch was deployed.
Also, emergency city quest starts in 7 minutes on Ship 2.

MightyKAC

Just finished the tutorial and I gotta say that I'm kinda digging this.

Character: MightyKAC

ID: MightyKAC

Holla at'cha boy.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Finally found my first rare weapon :D

Woah, a rare at 10? Impressive. I remember going through Normal and nearly through Hard before seeing rares back in PSO days. Cool looking rifle, too.

Also, I've added about half of the list so far. Hopefully I'll start seeing a few of you guys! I hit 6 yesterday and am LOVING every bit of PSO2. The language barrier is becoming smaller and smaller as I learn to recognize what some things are. A+

Had a ton of fun playing with my 2 brothers in the same room yesterday. Looking forward to play with GAF!

Character: EscapingJail
ID: EscapingJail

EvilAmarant7x

Neo Member
Is there a list of what each level of the upgrade of the tech tree do? I've heard that the upgrades aren't necessarilly a linear progression of improvements. The skill simulator doesn't go into the specifics of the upgrades.

Also
Character: Amarant
ID: EvilAmarant7x

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Is there a list of what each level of the upgrade of the tech tree do? I've heard that the upgrades aren't necessarilly a linear progression of improvements. The skill simulator doesn't go into the specifics of the upgrades.

Also
Character: Amarant
ID: EvilAmarant7x
The JP wiki has stats for the skill trees. You're looking for these links on the sidebar:

20120706-kwi1e7e8i7fng25n86wwhgcjbs.jpg

Or you can wait for the English skill tree simulator to be updated. The guy behind it said he'll probably do it this weekend or the next one.

Midou

In the Giantbomb live thursday night showdown, at 1:03:11 I am the blue space cowboy jumping right in front of the camera. <3

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Does anyone know how to learn new photon arts? My googlefu has failed me.
Photon arts are the force techniques/weapon combos right? They drop from enemies/boxes (they look like green disks iirc). There's also a vendor in the shopping level that carries a limited selection, you can find her in the weapon shop, and you can use the Visiphone to search Player Shops for disks.

Once you have a disk, you open up your item pack, tab over to the disk section, and learn it. If it's greyed out, you either already know it or have not met the requirements for it yet.

Seems like every lightning spell I find besides the "basic" one is worthless.

Gizonde (the one with two lightning bolts in the icon) is very good due to its ability to chain to nearby enemies. Well... I wouldn't quite say nearby, because it has some extremely hax range.

Fugu

Okay, I finally have enough of a job to feel good about playing this game. While I'll probably figure it out anyway, I figured I'd ask while I'm patching: Can I bind to the PS3 controller out of the box (so to speak) or do I have to use something like Xpadder? I am not playing PSO with a keyboard.

Emitan

Gizonde (the one with two lightning bolts in the icon) is very good due to its ability to chain to nearby enemies. Well... I wouldn't quite say nearby, because it has some extremely hax range.
I think I just got that one last night. Didn't know it can chain.

haikira

Deleted my character, to create another. But now just getting an error message, when i try make the new one. Guessing there's a waiting period, before a new one can be made? Or even just a delay, until it registers i have a free slot again?

Deleted my character, to create another. But now just getting an error message, when i try make the new one. Guessing there's a waiting period, before a new one can be made? Or even just a delay, until it registers i have a free slot again?

Where are you making the character? Ships 1-5 are getting slammed so they're temporarily disabling character creation on them.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
List updated.
Kind of weird, that there are this many people playing and we practically stopped receiving invite requests to the NeoGAF team before the end of CB.
Anyway, I'll ask this again - if you want to be added to the list, please use the following format:
GAF name - Character name - Player ID

In one line, please.

haikira

List updated.
Kind of weird, that there are this many people playing and we practically stopped receiving invite requests to the NeoGAF team before the end of CB.
Anyway, I'll ask this again - if you want to be added to the list, please use the following format:
Gaf name - character name - player name

In one line, please.

For Ship 02 players yeah? I'll throw my details up, once it's working for me again. Just messing around with an alt on another server, until then.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Tried out making a symbol art last night. Talk about an awkward way to make an image. :O I get that it's supposed to be with "symbols", but they couldn't have added free drawing? :< I've seen some amazing stuff though, so I guess it's possible to make things, it's just much harder than normal.

At least I managed to make something I like!

List updated.

In one line, please.

Robobandit - Hona - Robobandit

Nishastra

Banned
I sent friend requests to a number of people this morning, but I don't think anyone has accepted yet. My only friend is some random guy who sent me a request last week named "Petabyte" in katakana.

Tried out making a symbol art last night. Talk about an awkward way to make an image. :O I get that it's supposed to be with "symbols", but they couldn't have added free drawing? :< I've seen some amazing stuff though, so I guess it's possible to make things, it's just much harder than normal.

At least I managed to make something I like!
At least they give you a lot more options than in the old symbol chat. And free drawing would make the file potentially a lot bigger than just "put shape X at position Y with color Z at rotation W". I assume that's one reason why they do it that way.

I just started fooling with it earlier. I have some experience making cool stuff with these kinds of systems in the original Forza as well as in APB, so now I need to make... uh... something in this. Lacking in inspiration currently :p

Nerdy Fergy

Neo Member
I will hopefully start playing this afternoon. PSO was one of my favorite games when it first came out. I am glad to see that SEGA seems to be treating this well.

Nishastra

Banned
Man, not a single person selling a Zero Distance disc of any kind. I've only ever seen the level 3 one I have, and I'd like to get a higher level version :p

Seems that one and the stupid Rodeo one are both fairly rare.

Edit: As soon as I say that, I find a level 7 Rodeo disc.

VariantX

Having control config issues again. Just bought a wireless adapter so I could just use my 360 controller instead of using the logitech pad since it just will not work with half the games I own anyway as a matter of personal convenience, and my 360 pad will work for virtually all of them without incident. I start PSO for the first time in about since I started using the 360 pad, and now I can't seem to config my controls the same way I had them because it wont let me set my LT and RT to button 7-8. In addition, I cant seem to get my back and start buttons to open my menus but it makes the L3/R3 buttons do that function now. Anyway, can anyone can translate what the two grayed out areas in the input config mean?

Nishastra

Banned
Well, I don't actually use a 360 controller, but... the greyed out bits just say that they're analog triggers. That screen isn't where you set what the buttons actually do, anyway. That's sort of a calibration screen.

The place to set their function is the next one down on the list on the left.

Here's mine if I go through the calibration. L3 and R3 are 9 and 10, for what it's worth... And every button works.

Really, that screen is just to make sure that the buttons line up with the icons when you're using the 360 controller icon set.

RSLAEV

List updated.

In one line, please.

Player name as in Player ID?

VariantX

Well, I don't actually use a 360 controller, but... the greyed out bits just say that they're analog triggers. That screen isn't where you set what the buttons actually do, anyway. That's sort of a calibration screen.

The place to set their function is the next one down on the list on the left.

Here's mine if I go through the calibration. L3 and R3 are 9 and 10, for what it's worth... And every button works.

Really, that screen is just to make sure that the buttons line up with the icons when you're using the 360 controller icon set.

Thanks for the help, got everything squared away now

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Can you get AC if you're in the US?

E: Also, the stupid S Rank Dagan Extermination and Nab Rappy Capture missions make me angry. 10 and 12 minutes respectively? Really? -_-

Top Bottom