• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT| YOUR MAJESTY

Can you get AC if you're in the US?

E: Also, the stupid S Rank Dagan Extermination and Nab Rappy Capture missions make me angry. 10 and 12 minutes respectively? Really? -_-

Reasonably sure all the AC shop info is either linked in the OP or at bumped.org. Going to be looking into this over the weekend myself so if it's not there, it better be there soon. =p

I didn't have much issue with the forest S-ranks, honestly. Helps if you have equal or higher level teammates help you out. All kills done close enough that you earn EXP off them count toward your rank, even if you never touched them yourself.

jtrov

List updated.
Kind of weird, that there are this many people playing and we practically stopped receiving invite requests to the NeoGAF team before the end of CB.
Anyway, I'll ask this again - if you want to be added to the list, please use the following format:
Gaf name - character name - player name

In one line, please.

jtrov - jtrov - jtrov

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Reasonably sure all the AC shop info is either linked in the OP or at bumped.org. Going to be looking into this over the weekend myself so if it's not there, it better be there soon. =p

I didn't have much issue with the forest S-ranks, honestly. Helps if you have equal or higher level teammates help you out. All kills done close enough that you earn EXP off them count toward your rank, even if you never touched them yourself.

It says, "...The site does say that entering false information could get your SEGA ID suspended, so do this at your own risk."

That sucks. I was hoping to grab the pack extensions, but not at the risk of losing my account!

And the missions aren't hard, but the time limits are tough. I can't ever find groups of enemies to kill for the point requirements.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
For Ship 02 players yeah? I'll throw my details up, once it's working for me again. Just messing around with an alt on another server, until then.
It's just a list of Gaffers who are playing, server doesn't matter.

Yeah, by Player Name I meant Player ID, changed it.

Wonko_C

I'm actively trying to play as little as possible until there is confirmation of a western release, I don't want to get burned out on the game and have friends waiting for it to come out in English, who have been playing with me since the Dreamcast days.

Sega should just put that "language select" menu to good use and just add English to it, make an English page for buying AC, bam! instant international release.

Wonko_C - ジーオネリス - ウォンコ

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
List updated.
Uh, the free field tundra boss is extremely annoying. I thought it couldn't get much worse than Vol Dragon, but come on? Super fast dashes with pretty small windows for attack for Hunters? Meh.
And to make things worse, I need 2 items from 1 of those 2 bosses (namely Snow Panther) and it's not even a guaranteed drop - killed it 2 times so far, 0 CO drop.

rybrad

I am pretty interested in this game but it seems daunting not speaking Japanese, even with the guides. Are there enough visual indicators to play a decent amount without constantly looking at a guide?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I am pretty interested in this game but it seems daunting not speaking Japanese, even with the guides. Are there enough visual indicators to play a decent amount without constantly looking at a guide?

If you played PSO and/or PSU, you'll be very surprised with how much you can do without a translation in front of your face.

Also, the Caves are AWESOME.

Hmm, it seems you can't create/delete any more characters without purchasing AC.

Time for a new account!

EDIT: Nevermind, seems new account registration is closed.

Looks like I'm stuck on Ship 4.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Hmm, it seems you can't create/delete any more characters without purchasing AC.

Time for a new account!

EDIT: Nevermind, seems new account registration is closed.

Looks like I'm stuck on Ship 4.
You can delete your character and create a new one.

Item Box

I thought I was done with this game when OB ended... but I can't stop playing it :(
Can I get an invite to the team?

ZXSythe - ZXSythe - 4780

Orpheus

Neo Member
Registered and began messing around. It's a lot of fun, I just wish the menus and basic quest objectives were in english. Navigating menus has been a huge pain, and I can only imagine that it will be worse once I have to start paying attention to stats.

I dunno. I really loved PSO, so maybe if I give this time and switch to a Force I'll be more into it.

EDIT: Is there any way to limit the framerate? It seems that my laptop overworks itself, overheats and shuts itself off when playing this game. That's no good.

Ok guys I made an account and downloaded the game. Now before I jump in anyone know of a good printable guide to use while I play?

Recall

I have no idea if I doing things right but currently grinding out the level 3 mission to get enough fangs to get myself a mag. Never played the original PSO due to not having Internet at home back in the Dreamcast days :(

IMACOMPUTA

Hey guys. Finally getting this going. I played in the closed beta, but was wondering if i can just launch the closed beta and have it upgrade to the full version? Or do i have to delete it and get the 1.0 version?

And is there any kind of english patch like we had in the closed beta yet?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
EDIT: Is there any way to limit the framerate? It seems that my laptop overworks itself, overheats and shuts itself off when playing this game. That's no good.
You can do that in the launcher settings menu.
iEnxXAZns3yke.PNG
i8oxZbwvrhV08.png

I have no idea if I doing things right but currently grinding out the level 3 mission to get enough fangs to get myself a mag. Never played the original PSO due to not having Internet at home back in the Dreamcast days :(
I think only 2 of the red wolfs spawn in that mission. You might just want to move on and do the lv 7 mission with the Rappy Code Arrest since the wolfs also spawn there.

pants

Is this playable in English yet?

Apologies if this has been answered, I cntrl + F'd the OP and found no reference to the word "English"

IMACOMPUTA

You can do that in the launcher settings menu.

I think only 2 of the red wolfs spawn in that mission. You might just want to move on and do the lv 7 mission with the Rappy Code Arrest since the wolfs also spawn there.

Is there a guide anywhere that explains every option in these settings screens?

Mistle

Is this playable in English yet?
There's indications of an announcement very soon but also chances of a delay... In short nobody really knows, but it's looking very promising.

I must say though, the announcement has been "soon" for a long time now, making me question the true meaning of soon lol

Dereck

If the English patch does get released can the OP please update the OP, thanks, and sorry for us constantly asking about it.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
If the English patch does get released can the OP please update the OP, thanks, and sorry for us constantly asking about it.
I was planning to do so anyway, but seeing all the posts I think I'll just add a bolded "THERE'S NO ENGLISH PATCH YET" under the logo.

Level cap reached on Hunter, 10 more levels for one 150 mag. 36% of the 3rd matter board done, but it seems to be much less annoying then the first two so far.

List updated. A quick message for all, who want to join TeamGAF - send us a whisper in-game, there's a guide for that linked in the OP.

Recall

Ah thank you. Yes there are only 2 wolves and only at the very end of the lvl 3 mission.

So after a week of break since I had much stress lately I come back and essentially feel lost :(
The GAF Team rarely has players online and the blocks are so full and now with level recommendations that I don't find English players and the quests are too hard to do alone.
Is there anything I'm missing now that the game is live or do I simply have to force my way into Block 20-21?

And now that I'm in Block 20 I still don't see many of the usual English people there though I guess that has more to do with the City Quest being active :p

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So after a week of break since I had much stress lately I come back and essentially feel lost :(
The GAF Team rarely has players online and the blocks are so full and now with level recommendations that I don't find English players and the quests are too hard to do alone.
Is there anything I'm missing now that the game is live or do I simply have to force my way into Block 20-21?

And now that I'm in Block 20 I still don't see many of the usual English people there though I guess that has more to do with the City Quest being active :p
I have yet to experience being the only person online in our team. It's usually 2-4 people, with 7-8 top and 1 person beside me being the lowest number.

Anyway, don't expect anyone in the lobby during city - block 20 is full of English players on any other occasion though. :)

I have yet to experience being the only person online in our team. It's usually 2-4 people, with 7-8 top and 1 person beside me being the lowest number.

Anyway, don't expect anyone in the lobby during city - block 20 is full of English players on any other occasion though. :)

Thanks! I'm relieved to hear that :D The only reason why I'm so sensitive about that, most MMOs I used to play and like in the past died down very quickly for whatever reason and it's just sad to see the games I like becoming a "wasteland" but judging the popularity of PSO and to a certain extend PSU I guess that won't happen.

ezodagrom

Lvl 100 Mag evolution guide:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197304

About photon blasts, the mags Delphinus, Cepheus, Monocerus, Crux and Leo get the same photon blast as their 1st evolution form, while the other mags get variations of that photon blast.

For example, Delphinus has the same photon blast as Lyra, the unicorn ramming attack, while Cygnus, even though it still has an unicorn photon blast, the unicorn now does a lightning shockwave instead of the ramming attack:

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6583/pso2004.jpg

This LV40 cap quest is taking forever. I've been at it since it unlocked and only just finished the Caves portion. Probably going to hit 30 before I finish it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So is loot on this individualized like in Diablo 3/Torchlight 2 or is it just scrambles like in Borderlands 2?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I told myself I was going to wait on the English release so I don't 'waste' time building a character who I'll stop playing shortly.

But MAN. It's Summer and there's nothing coming out, and this looks so good.

Just created an account and have been having no luck creating a character in ship 2 as it keeps giving me this message.

Ko5tL.jpg

Anyone help?

Top Bottom