• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT| YOUR MAJESTY

Ashodin

i'm getting some sort of error when I log in with my SEGA ID.

nm I found what it was. it's what you are when you log into the game... and I think I just messed that up. LOL.

What's awesome about PSO2 (vs PSO, where min/maxing was very prevelant due to mats, mags, and stat caps), is that you CAN try and min/max, or you can ignore it entirely. The ability to grind stats and attributes gives those with that mentality something to strive for outside of rare hunting.

That being said, I would say you're gimping yourself by not grinding your weapons up a little (since there's no risk for the first few grinds), and by not raising your mag to SOME degree...That's part of the PSO experience, so you should be partaking it in by default!
Oh yeah, no worries ab out that. Definitely keeping my character on track.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way about PSO! I actually did a PSE group in desert today. THAT was fun, nothing but mindless killing and finishing codes. Eventually got Ragne to spawn, was awesome.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I've just done both parts of the 3rd matter board story quest and WHOA - a boss fight. And by boss fight I don't mean area bosses. It was sweet and I can't wait when I'll have the time to finish the 4th board I just got.
Since board 3 was chapter 2 and there are supposed to be 4 chapters in the release, I'm guessing the "caves" board (4th seems like a desert one) is also in the game.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Are scraps useful for anything or should I just sell them all for meseta?

5C66C03EA4E481E562394745DEF2F91669C9DC82

You can, however, over-collect client order items, in which case you should probably dump them as they're of no use. You can get decent money for them if you have a MyShop, but otherwise they're just wasting space.

Edit: Judging by your meseta count, you're probably at the point where they're still needed, though!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Another maintenance:
Sun, Jul 8 7pm PDT - Mon, Jul 9 12am PDT
Sun, Jul 8 9pm CDT - Mon, Jul 9 2am CDT
Sun, Jul 8 10pm EDT - Mon, Jul 9 3am EDT
Mon, Jul 9 2am UTC - Mon, Jul 9 7am UTC
Mon, Jul 9 11am JST - Mon, Jul 9 4pm JST

They will increase the number of simultaneous logins to one ship and close the new character cration on Ship 10. It will probably last 1-2 weeks like the similar limits on other ships.

As for today, yay, finally got my Hunter Mag to lv 150!
iQTSvmJleQFkE.jpg

One Mag capped, 2 to go.

iTtp0P9CFWj8w.jpg

Third MB done.

Nishastra

Banned
Hmmm! Can you only have 5 outstanding friend requests at once?

That would explain my problems. So mass-inviting doesn't actually work unless they're accepting as quickly as you invite. I already had 5 invites sent out and not responded to, so every other one didn't go at all.

Now that a couple of those people have responded, I can send new ones and they appear on the list :p

Hahaha, Ship 10 is also getting a block on character creation after tonight's maintenance. There's a small diaspora of English players on Ship 9, so I guess that's the third choice?

Hmmm, maybe this will push them towards an English release?

I mean they wouldn't have to deal with English players possibly congesting Japanese servers in that case.

Nishastra

Banned
It's not like the English players are that significant in number. Japanese players are having to change which ship they're making new characters on as well, and the game is waaaaaay more busy during peak hours in Japan than at any other time :p

We take up like 4 blocks across multiple ships, and they take up closer to 400 :p

Raxious

seeing as my account has finally has been validated, I can post here instead of just lurking the topic :)

Been playing a couple of days now, with the help of some people on IRC, and I'm really enjoying it so far. Though I have no idea what I'm doing, the quests I've done so far are pretty much "kill this mob" or "get x amount of points".

Sadly for a couple of friends of mine they still can't make a character on Ship 2. Also, what block are most English speaking people on, I heard it was 20 - 22?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
46% of the 4th Matter Board done, time to sleep. I'd have cleared all the yellow nodes, but sadly I have to hunt the bipedal desert robots now. Since they're rather rare, it may take some time...

JonCha

And now I'm trying to figure out how to create a character after logging. Bumped's saying to download the character creation guide, but isn't clearly explaining how.

Edit: click on the top option to create a new character and some dialog option pops up which pushes me out. That because of maintenance?

Raxious

from what I can tell they locked the character creation for certain servers, and if I'm correct Ship 2 is one of em.

Damnit, I thought I had been following the instructions, but I cant seem to log in. I select my ship, and enter my ID and Pass but it gives me error 678 instead of making me choose a player ID.

Any help?

edit: Never mind, it involved going to a link and logging in, with some katakana bot stopping thing. was a pain, but it worked!

Tu101uk

Quick question, how does one unlock the class-specific +5SP quests?

Currently a Lv 21 Ranger and I've done all of Lisa's missions. The PSU blog doesn't show any requirements for unlocking it. Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers!

O-O~

JonCha

Did the tutorial, and I need to get into the GAF server because this is really intimidating. I need people to ask questions too a lot, even if that sounds annoying.

Quick question, how does one unlock the class-specific +5SP quests?

Currently a Lv 21 Ranger and I've done all of Lisa's missions. The PSU blog doesn't show any requirements for unlocking it. Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers!

O-O~

I didn't get mine until hitting LV30.

Dunno how to make chat work, haha. I can click on the box in the bottom right, but it wont let me type anything in there.\

edit: Just a weird bug I guess, reloading the game fixed it.

Also, is anyone on ship 10? Or should I delete my dude and try to get on ship 2?

zoku88

Damnit, I thought I had been following the instructions, but I cant seem to log in. I select my ship, and enter my ID and Pass but it gives me error 678 instead of making me choose a player ID.

Any help?

edit: Never mind, it involved going to a link and logging in, with some katakana bot stopping thing. was a pain, but it worked!

Is this the link?

https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEMLogin.php?product_name=sega

I've been having problems with it :-/

EDIT: nvm. Just got it to work. I wonder what I did wrong the other times.

Nishastra

Banned
Now that I've got some friends, I can summon them as my minions!

AI versions of player characters seem to be vastly more powerful than the normal AI teammates :p

I wish I could summon myself. I'd like to see how my clone acts.

Dunno how to make chat work, haha. I can click on the box in the bottom right, but it wont let me type anything in there.

edit: Just a weird bug I guess, reloading the game fixed it.

Also, is anyone on ship 10? Or should I delete my dude and try to get on ship 2?

As mentioned many times, it is currently not possible to create a character on ship 2. Maybe after tonight's maintenance, but not right now.

Nishastra

Banned
My clone doesn't heal nearly enough :(
Also she uses dumb spells I don't have on her palate.
The AI generally seems to prefer everything else over healing, but at least they do it occasionally. And from what I read, they'll use whatever you have in your #1 palettes, both weapon and sub...

I've got level 8 Emmie in my party right now, but of course I don't know what you've got on your palettes, so... :p

Either way, she did quite well for this being a level 25 mission :p

Emitan

The AI generally seems to prefer everything else over healing, but at least they do it occasionally. And from what I read, they'll use whatever you have in your #1 palettes, both weapon and sub...

I've got level 8 Emmie in my party right now, but of course I don't know what you've got on your palettes, so... :p

Either way, she did quite well for this being a level 25 mission :p

She has the basic lightning spell, the chain lightning one, and healing.

Apparently she's been using that horrible AoE lightning attack that has almost no range quite often.

Nishastra

Banned
She has the basic lightning spell, the chain lightning one, and healing.

Apparently she's been using that horrible AoE lightning attack that has almost no range quite often.
Yeah, I have seen her do that. So you don't even have that on your non-weapon bar? That's odd.

Oh well :p

I hope Bit Risky blows stuff up good when someone summons her.

Edit: Haha, yeah. Now that I'm paying attention, she quite often stands far away from things and makes a little light show.

Here's my info:

digita1alchemy - Lazarus - digita1alchemy

I'd like to join the GAF team but I have no idea how to search for players in the game :(

As mentioned many times, it is currently not possible to create a character on ship 2. Maybe after tonight's maintenance, but not right now.

But when it is possible, thats really where I should head, yeah? or is there at least a decent amount of people on 10, that it wont really matter?

Yeah, I have seen her do that. So you don't even have that on your non-weapon bar? That's odd.

Oh well :p

I hope Bit Risky blows stuff up good when someone summons her.

Edit: Haha, yeah. Now that I'm paying attention, she quite often stands far away from things and makes a little light show.

I do wonder if those modifiers do anything as shown here: http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-friend-partners/

And do I have to register every level for it to update? I saw that question a while back during chat, but I didn't see the answer. And people should use me, I have a cannon that shoots rappies =P

But when it is possible, thats really where I should head, yeah? or is there at least a decent amount of people on 10, that it wont really matter?

From what I hear, there's a decent amount on ship 10. Though, the english majority will always be on Ship 2. Since registration is about to close on 10 anyways, I'd still go for it.

I can't seem to catch any Gaf team leaders online.. the visophone doesn't seem to indicate if a player is offline or not.. and I don't want to be repeatedly spamming people for an invite..

Nishastra

Banned
I do wonder if those modifiers do anything as shown here: http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-friend-partners/

And do I have to register every level for it to update? I saw that question a while back during chat, but I didn't see the answer. And people should use me, I have a cannon that shoots rappies =P
Yeah, your NPC won't update on its own at all. You have to re-register any time something changes that you want reflected (like level :p).

Does leveling slow at about 15 or so? I feel like XP is hard to come by right now. Any tips on how NOT to drag?

-Client orders (especially Koffe's to unlock new areas)
-Multiparty farms
-City missions

And that's nothing compared to 20-25.

I can't seem to catch any Gaf team leaders online.. the visophone doesn't seem to indicate if a player is offline or not.. and I don't want to be repeatedly spamming people for an invite..

Most of them usually play at night and early morning (different timezones). I'd just PM them here.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I haven't seen a single city mission since closed beta :(

Don't even remember how to start them.
You go to the quest counter when they're active and select the last quest category.

Edit:
Added the information about the locked character creation to the top of the op, hopefully less people will get confused now.

I was trying to help a friend with the CO to unlock hard mode, and had set up a party to hunt Vol Dragons with 35 minutes to go until maintenance. We didn't make it to block 3... because we ran into two back-to-back Vol Dragons in block 2, followed shortly by a two minute PSE Burst. Not what I was expecting, but I'll take it.

I like how an emergency mission started on ship 2 the second the servers went down. What a troll.

Top Bottom