• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that don't make you laugh but are still cool

DJ88

iWeQmL7k5W35j.gif

Damn it! Now I need one of these for my DJ setup! Imagine a bigger version of this inside a safe enclosure at the center of a dance club

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Is that screenshot from stock Mincraft? That looks astoundingly better rendered than what I typically remember of the game.

Loxley

Minecraft enthusiasts are insane with what they can put together.

Minecraft Rivendell (from the Minecraft Middle-Earth Project):

2544j.jpg

i dont get this one...
cars were invented earlier or is it just to show what happens in 100 years. if so, i think there are far greater milestones.

pardon the interruption

Really?

First self-starting engine (IIRC) to remote vehicle on a far-distant planet is a pretty impressive milestone.

Snake

Zeus is fucked.

=//=

This was posted in the Man of Steel thread a while back and I thought it was swell enough. It's just a shame that you can't make a good wallpaper from it without cutting out a bunch of the variations.

Melchiah

yU8pgkk.jpg

According to photographer Arthur Anker:

A thalassematid echiuran from Madang, Papua New Guinea, an odd animal that constantly changes its shape, is "never the same" ... these 6 photos show the same individual, I also made nice videos of the remarkable peristaltic movements.

Find out more about Arthur here: http://ufc.academia.edu/anker

XCbDID9.jpg

Qvoth

is there an hd picture of the part in the life of pi movie where the sun and the sea basically becomes 1? or the glowing jellyfish part? those were soooo beautiful.... when i 1st saw that i just thought gawddaym i must have that as wallpaper

Melchiah

The 2013 Sony World Photography Awards [35 pics]
http://twistedsifter.com/2013/02/sony-world-photography-awards-highlights-2013/
More in the link

EErZhoO.jpg

White-handed Tree Frog by Hudson Garcia

Series made with two species of tree frogs in southern Brazil. These amazing animals jump to escape predators and catch their prey. For these images Hudson used a high-speed laser sensor positioned immediately in front of the plant where the tree frogs were.

g31ISRo.jpg

Eye to Eye by Rob Van Thienen

A greyhound ends first in his race, and although the lure is right in front of him, he’s looks straight into the eyes of the photographer (me) and continues his run. I had to jump for my life taking this picture.

srHrHWD.jpg

A Portrait of the Matterhorn by Nenad Saljic

IpsOsZO.jpg

Face to Face by Christian Vizl

They explore the underwater world, and its infinite possibilities for generating strong emotions in the human beings. I try to capture sublime moments of our natural environment with images that inspire, make us vibrate through the beauty in every corner of the world that excite and make us dream of a better world, where we value and care for all expressions of life. Because beyond the issue of our survival is the issue of how we experience our life and how we celebrate it. And our experience of life is intrinsically linked to how we communicate and “connect” with everything around us, especially with all life around us. In my case, it is the ocean and its living creature that makes me want to celebrate. So my photography is intended to be a celebration of marine life and the underwater world.

SVQiIyJ.jpg

Waikiki Beach by Flavio D’Aquino

This is an alternative point of view of the famous Hawaiian beach. People aren’t disposed in a horizontal plan, as usually on a beach, but caught in a vertical exposure.

tzrJR4Z.jpg

Don’t Leave Me Alone by Hoang Hiep Nguyen

The last pollen spore preparing to leave a ladybird trying to hold on, because it didn’t want to be alone.

8z1NZAv.jpg

Wasp by John Matzick

A huge wasp measuring 2.5 inches in length visiting the banana tree in my front yard.

b22sVOH.jpg

Sheep River by Maciej Grzegorzek

Bieszczady mountains, Poland. Rain water evaporates from the soaked sheep fur while the shepherd leads animals to the house in the mountain pastures.

Top Bottom