• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikmin 3 Direct 2013.6.26 - 8 pm Japan Time (12 pm BST, 7 am EDT)

Dmax3901

The music sounds a lot like Skyward Sword (a good thing). The voices remind me of Little King's Story.

And fuck the graphics look much better than I remember...

Also loving the variety in environments!

Jintor

Damn. Nintendo just pumping their designers full of youth vigors.

Oh well, that was about what I expected from a Pikmin-focused Direct.

WOW IT'S NOTHING

Still a bummer how overly useless the tablet is in relation to this game, considering it's an RTS of all things. 101 is interesting me more in that regard.

EhoaVash

lol that guy was having trouble sitting properly

game looks great, he should of used the gamepad as the main controller, looked like his arms got tired after using wii motion + controls

rokero

That's my main disappointment at the moment. You'd assume the touchscreen would be great with a game like this, but it's basically a glorified mini-map.

that's what i'm saying i love pointer controls and pikmin plays great with them but the wiiu is all about the gamepad highlight that instead forget about pointer controls for the presentation and show the world why pikmin plays better because of the gamepad

That's my main disappointment at the moment. You'd assume the touchscreen would be great with a game like this, but it's basically a glorified mini-map.

WOW IT'S NOTHING

Still a bummer how overly useless the tablet is in relation to this game, considering it's an RTS of all things. 101 is interesting me more in that regard.

Pikmin is an RTS originally built for a control so the design doesn't require traditional RTS inputs. So while Pikmin 3 could have a design closer to a traditional RTS using the tablet interface, the series was never built around that.

I don't mind really. We've known about the Wiimote control since launch. At least off-tv play is supported. I'm just disappointed in the lack of an online mode and don't really buy Miyamoto's reason/excuse.

I'm also more disappointed in the lack of any new game announcements that feature the Gamepad.

SparkTR

game looks great, he should of used the gamepad as the main controller, looked like his arms got tired after using wii motion + controls

I'm wondering how they're going to balance that. The Wiimote controls for Pikmin 1/2 were so much easier than the GC ones (curser distance was 3x further, could run/strafe and aim way more effectively making enemies way easier). You'd essentially be handicapping yourself by using the Gamepad.

PokéKong

Would you believe a can of tuna would instill so much faith in this game for me? One of my favorite things about Pikmin 2 was discovering each artifact of our world, I loved how it tied this whimsical bizarre alien game to the real world just a little, and wondering what I would find next helped keep me hooked on the game, especially to see the little wikipedia description that the ship and Olimar and Louie write for each one and hearing their outsider's interpretation of everything.

But when all they ever showed was collecting a bunch of generic fruit, and heard that the story was about gathering food resources and not finding treasures, despite it not having a huge impact on the gameplay I admit I lost a large chunk of interest in the game. But seeing that realistic canned tuna with what I'm assuming might be a real japanese brand label, I have a lot of hope again that this game will be filled with more little such surprises.

Cheesemeister ‏@Cheesemeister3k
More will have to come up and continue creating Pikmin after Miyamoto's gone.

Not sure I understand this.

Is this Miyamoto saying he's done with the series or that he wants Pikmin to continue?

Whats wrong with a map? Additionaly you can just play the game on the gamepad. Or control your different teams via touch. This video was about wiimote control which is best for a game like pikmin. I don´t get why people always ask for the gamepad to be the only way of input. Nintendo made it always pretty obvious that the Wii U has two main controllers: Wiimote/Nunchuck + Gamepad.

plank

I though Pikmin 1+2 for Wii was praised for its pointer implementation. Didn't think more people would favor the Game Pad over the Wii Remote +.

wrowa

Senator Soufflé;66403186 said:
Not sure I understand this.

Is this Miyamoto saying he's done with the series or that he wants Pikmin to continue?

He wants that Pikmin continues even when he stops making games, is my guess.

If it takes another 10 years for Pikmin 4 to be made, it's safe to assume that Miyamoto will already have retired by then. :p

Top Bottom