• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars Of Eternity:Complete Edition|OT| The perfect chance to revisit Raedric's Hold

Anno

Hmm i think so, i entered the dungeon with loads of space in the inventory and left full lol.

I was mostly just pointing those out because a couple are items that may not look good on first blush but make for some fun builds. And the Black Pages is a tome that teaches one of the more broken spells in the game but can be missed.

I was mostly just pointing those out because a couple are items that may not look good on first blush but make for some fun builds. And the Black Pages is a tome that teaches one of the more broken spells in the game but can be missed.

Ninagauth's Shadowflame is amazing. It does trivialise the back half of the game, but not dramatically more than a CC spec'd wizard does without it.

Altazor

And the Black Pages is a tome that teaches one of the more broken spells in the game but can be missed.

are you referring to
Ninagauth's Shadowflame
Because if so, then absolutely. Love that one, lol.

So should i do white march straight 2 after 1? I'm level 11 so i should be able to handle it right?

I went to the Endless Paths first to finally take care of the Master Below and then went to WM2. Then again, at that point going back to the Endless Paths was the only major thing remaining for me (because I was nearing the endgame in the main quest). But yeah, I don't think you should have any major problems if you choose to do WM2 straight after WM1.

Anno

Ninagauth's Shadowflame is amazing. It does trivialise the back half of the game, but not dramatically more than a CC spec'd wizard does without it.

No it's certainly not necessary. But it is broken. Especially because it can be mastered.

Saphirax

Does anyone know why I, all of a sudden, can't save my game anymore? Neither making a new save or overwriting old ones works. At first I thought it's because I had too many saves so I deleted more than half of them, but that didn't fix it.

Whenever a save is attempted, whether auto save or manual, it just kicks me back to the save screen.

Edit: All my auto saves are gone too.

Staf

Just started using my first soulbound item. Gotta say i freaking love this concept (except the class restriction sigh...). Doing mini-quests/achievements to upgrade gear is really awesome!

Staf

The only thing i don't like about the new white march area is that there are groups of enemies that will basically one-shot you if you approach them. I think they are part of those bounties?

Altazor

Does anyone know why I, all of a sudden, can't save my game anymore? Neither making a new save or overwriting old ones works. At first I thought it's because I had too many saves so I deleted more than half of them, but that didn't fix it.

Whenever a save is attempted, whether auto save or manual, it just kicks me back to the save screen.

Edit: All my auto saves are gone too.

I'm sorry this has happened to you. Considering I have no experience at all with the console version, maybe you should try asking in the official Paradox forums? Maybe there you can get a definitive answer to an issue such as yours :(

EDIT: maybe this can help?

Saphirax

I'm sorry this has happened to you. Considering I have no experience at all with the console version, maybe you should try asking in the official Paradox forums? Maybe there you can get a definitive answer to an issue such as yours :(

Good news is - my saves aren't gone. New saves just don't show up until I restart the game. Bad news is that the issue still persists so I get prompted to save my game after every loading screen.

I've looked around and it seems to be an issue specific to console versions, but the devs aren't having any luck reproducing the bug. Hopefully they'll be able to patch it out.

Altazor

Good news is - my saves aren't gone. New saves just don't show up until I restart the game. Bad news is that the issue still persists so I get prompted to save my game after every loading screen.

I've looked around and it seems to be an issue specific to console versions, but the devs aren't having any luck reproducing the bug. Hopefully they'll be able to patch it out.

Damn, that seems like a very nasty bug. Still, I think it's advisable to tell the devs exactly what happened in the hopes that it can get patched out soon. Have you tried reinstalling? (I dunno if you can keep your saves in that case)

Saphirax

Damn, that seems like a very nasty bug. Still, I think it's advisable to tell the devs exactly what happened in the hopes that it can get patched out soon. Have you tried reinstalling? (I dunno if you can keep your saves in that case)

Yeah, will do. Just tried reinstalling the game, but it didn't help.

It's a minor annoyance for sure; I'm just glad I can still save my game.

Staf

Man, playing XCOM 2: WOTC really made me appreciate how intuitive they've made this game. Both games have systems upon systems upon systems. But PoE does a much better job at explaining them without overwhelming you.

I've just found out how to add spells to my wizard finally! And also enchant, I quite like the lack of hand holding in this, it makes a nice change.

So how does the game play on a controller? I've never played this kind of RPG, but I'm real interested in picking up the PS4 release.

Staf

So how does the game play on a controller? I've never played this kind of RPG, but I'm real interested in picking up the PS4 release.

It controls great. I never thought they would succeed in making a rtwp combat system with a controller work, but i was wrong.

Staf

You guys were right. White march 2 is better than 1 (though i liked 1). Really interesting main storyline!

Staf

Oh god. That feeling when your getting to the end of a dungeon and need to rest but out of camping supplies :(.

Staf

it has probably been asked before, but do I get this one or Divinity Original Sin for PS4?

I'm not done with PoE yet but i'm far into it and i love it. I've finished Divinity: OS and i absolutely love it. PoE has better story, quests and characters. D:OS has better combat and music. You can't really go wrong with either to be honest.

I'm not putting down PoE's combat, which is great, or D:OS story and characters, which are also great, but comparing those two that's how i would rate them. Divinity:OS is my second favorite PS4 game, only second to Witcher 3, and i could see PoE making it into top 3 if it keeps this up.

Hostile_18

Banned
Do people read all the soul stories? The completionist in my wants to but it breaks up the flow of the game for me quite a bit. Don't think it's worked in as well as say the past lives from Lost oddysey, maybe because there's so many of them.

Anno

Do people read all the soul stories? The completionist in my wants to but it breaks up the flow of the game for me quite a bit. Don't think it's worked in as well as say the past lives from Lost oddysey, maybe because there's so many of them.

God no.

Saphirax

Most of them are backer characters so I simply avoided them. No reason to read through all that text. I only read the story based ones.

Hostile_18

Banned
Oh that's good to hear. Didn't want to think I was getting a lesser experience but getting to a new area and having to stop and read none essential/quest/side story dialogue was getting old :).

Staf

The UI for quests is starting to become really frustrating to navigate. They really should hide the finished quests and show them with a toggle or something. The list is extremely long for me now, a real hassle to get to the 'Task' section.

IvorB

No. I now know how to avoid them as I think only NPCs with the golden speech bubble have them so I stear clear of those.

Working my way though Defiance Bay now and got me a paladin in my party who seems fully cool so bye-bye dwarf lady :).

Staf

This is probably my first party-based game i'm having real problems deciding who to bring a long. I rarely pick a companion by their class but more on personality. The problem with with this game is that they have so many fucking interesting companions!

Saphirax

Finished the game yesterday. Out of all the crpgs on consoles, I definitely prefer PoE the most. Prefer the darker setting too. Took me 68 hours to finish the game with most of the quests done.

Despite enjoying my time with the game, I had some issues with it:

Stronghold adventures - why are the turns tied to quest progression? I ran out of quests and couldn't get the trophy because I was missing a minor and/or average adventure.

Quest log - completed quests should've been in another tab. Would've been far easier to navigate.

Loading screens - the first half of the game was manageable, but the latter half was insufferable. Especially when it takes 2 minutes to load a save.

Bugs - Similar to the loading screen issue; the first half of the game was relatively bug/glitch free. My game crashed around 8 times. Only once during the battle while the rest of the time it'd be on the loading screen. Then I was unable to select spells in a grimoire. My characters also got stuck in the environment more than once. I also got hit with that annoying save bug where my saves wouldn't show up until I restarted the game and I kept getting prompted to save my game after every loading screen. The issue persisted all the way to the end.

Lost Odyssey's dreams were actually written by the game's authors so they are a lot more consistent in terms of content and tone. IIRC the majority of the goldtext characters were submitted by backers as part of a kickstarter tier and most of the writing is predictably amateurish. I'm sure there are probably at least one or two good ones but I've never bothered to comb through them all to find out.

Anno

There's definitely a reason that one of the soul bound weapons can level up explicitly by killing backer NPCs lol

Hostile_18

Banned
Well good to know I can just ignore them, they just seem a bit disconnected from the main game and break the flow a fair bit. Think I'll enjoy my time with the game better:)

Unai

I've stopped reading them in Gilded Vale and never looked back. I ignore every NPC that has a golden name.

Stronghold adventures - why are the turns tied to quest progression? I ran out of quests and couldn't get the trophy because I was missing a minor and/or average adventure.

It's to stop people from just running out the clock by resting and/or traveling to immediately get rewards.

Lost Odyssey's dreams were actually written by the game's authors so they are a lot more consistent in terms of content and tone. IIRC the majority of the goldtext characters were submitted by backers as part of a kickstarter tier and most of the writing is predictably amateurish. I'm sure there are probably at least one or two good ones but I've never bothered to comb through them all to find out.

I thought Lost Odyssey's dreams were written by a different, relatively famous novelist while the rest of the game's story was a different group. I know that I never felt like they tonally matched the rest of LO at all. It's one of my main gripes with the gam.

Saphirax

It's to stop people from just running out the clock by resting and/or traveling to immediately get rewards.

I thought Lost Odyssey's dreams were written by a different, relatively famous novelist while the rest of the game's story was a different group. I know that I never felt like they tonally matched the rest of LO at all. It's one of my main gripes with the gam.

I'm aware, but it could've been better implemented. Having something like infinite bounties or spawning several adventures where you could only choose one would be preferable.

I'm aware, but it could've been better implemented. Having something like infinite bounties or spawning several adventures where you could only choose one would be preferable.

I didn't matter in the PC version because there was no real rewards tied to it outside the items themselves, and it was added well after the game had come out. If Paradox Arctic tied a trophy to it without changing the system at all, I can see how it would be annoying.

That's wrong. They got an accomplished Japanese author to only write The Thousand Years of Dreams segments while the game's team wrote the rest of the game. It's why the quality of writing between Thousand Years of Dreams and the main game is so totally disparate.

Saphirax

I didn't matter in the PC version because there was no real rewards tied to it outside the items themselves, and it was added well after the game had come out. If Paradox Arctic tied a trophy to it without changing the system at all, I can see how it would be annoying.

Yeah, they did.

The Storied Adventurer
Complete a Minor, Average, Major, Grand, and Legendary stronghold adventure

Looking around, people were having issues getting Legendary adventures. I had the opposite problem, no minor/average adventures at all.

Yeah, they did.

The Storied Adventurer
Complete a Minor, Average, Major, Grand, and Legendary stronghold adventure

Looking around, people were having issues getting Legendary adventures. I had the opposite problem, no minor/average adventures at all.

As I remember it, it's based off your stronghold's prestige, and if you get it up too high you level out of the lower adventures entirely.

Saphirax

As I remember it, it's based off your stronghold's prestige, and if you get it up too high you level out of the lower adventures entirely.

It's possible. I did lower my prestige as much as possible but it seemingly had no effect. Still kept getting grand and legendary adventures. Guess I built everything too soon.

Staf

Oh boy, eyeless hammers were tough! I used all my priest and paladins healing spells and potions to survive them. Really awesome fight!

Staf

But i'm in a even tougher fight now that i've died on three times! It's against a monk/priest boss you will face later on. Those freaking monks are heat-seeking missiles for anyone wearing light armor!

But i'm in a even tougher fight now that i've died on three times! It's against a monk/priest boss you will face later on. Those freaking monks are heat-seeking missiles for anyone wearing light armor!

Yeah, that's a pretty hard fight if you go in at around the recommended level. What's your MC at?

Top Bottom