• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza |OT| Food of the Gods

iNvid02

Quite proud of this one. And yes, those are anchovies.

tumblr_mdti8ydqmj1qi4xumo1_500.png

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Anchovies are fantastic on pizza.

Lately I've ordered from Pizza hut and they've been pretty trustworthy and affordable. Godfathers has had the worst pizza imo.

I prefer homemade pizza to be honest.

I did order that new cheese crust pizza from pizzahut and I was not that impressed. The cheese seemed to taste better after sitting for a few. But overall I normally don't order artisan pizza anywhere and just make it at home.

I find conventional toppings on delivery is the better choice.

Omikaru

No, They're not. Plus I'm a vegetarian. but besides that anchovies were too salty.

I was vegetarian for a bit, but I couldn't balance my diet right so my doctor suggested I go back on meat if I wasn't veggie for moral reasons (it was more for health reasons, and that backfired!), so I can appreciate that, I guess. I remember having some great veggie pizzas, and besides the added anchovies what I did today was loosely based on a vegetarian pizza I made in the past:

- Onions
- Mushrooms
- Sweetcorn
- Green peppers (thought I had some, I didn't)
- Tomatoes (the only tomato on pizza should be in the sauce, plus I felt it was one topping too many so I skipped it)

Anchovies are nice once in every now and then. I couldn't have them every time I have a pizza, but once every month or two is great.

Atlantic

I thought I was just gonna be lazy tonight and make something else but hot damn have you all ignited that pizza craving. It was in the back of my mind earlier, but really wasn't feelin' making the dough.

Anyway, off I go.

If I remember, I'll post pics later.

I was vegetarian for a bit, but I couldn't balance my diet right so my doctor suggested I go back on meat if I wasn't veggie for moral reasons (it was more for health reasons, and that backfired!), so I can appreciate that, I guess. I remember having some great veggie pizzas, and besides the added anchovies what I did today was loosely based on a vegetarian pizza I made in the past:

- Onions
- Mushrooms
- Sweetcorn
- Green peppers (thought I had some, I didn't)
- Tomatoes (the only tomato on pizza should be in the sauce, plus I felt it was one topping too many so I skipped it)

Anchovies are nice once in every now and then. I couldn't have them every time I have a pizza, but once every month or two is great.

They Opened up a Vegan Pizza place by my parents and its so good. They have BBQ Chicken Pizza, Hawaiian style, meat lovers (lol). All with meat substitute. All tasty and vegan. I should post a pick.

zomaha

went to chicago a few weeks ago and was told to check out Pequod's...suffice to say i wasn't disappointed:

amazing pizza. wasn't true "chicago deep dish", but this pan pizza was definitely one of the best pizzas i have ever eaten in my life. the caramelized crust was ridiculously delicious.

Garlic pizza is amazing. Eating some right now. The pizza itself doesn't look all that special, so pictures aren't really needed. But dat flavor though.

VanWinkle

went to chicago a few weeks ago and was told to check out Pequod's...suffice to say i wasn't disappointed:

amazing pizza. wasn't true "chicago deep dish", but this pan pizza was definitely one of the best pizzas i have ever eaten in my life. the caramelized crust was ridiculously delicious.

I actually made one just like that a few weeks back when I got my first cast iron skillet. It was fantastic. The caramelized crust at the ends from the cheese and oil is amazing.

ERC198X

Banned
So I ordered a couple of medium pizzas from Papa John's for the first time. Turns out it's also the last time. They were really stingy with the toppings. It was more like a token presence than anything else. Quite disappointing. I know Dominos gets a lot of hate around here but man you can't pick up a slice of their pizza without something or the other dropping off. They just load their pizzas up with the toppings.

Anyway, this is what it was....

LOL BETTER INGREDIENTS MY ASS!

Melchiah

- Tomatoes (the only tomato on pizza should be in the sauce, plus I felt it was one topping too many so I skipped it.)

Nah, sun-dried tomatoes, and those mini-sized ones are great on pizza.

My current favorite combination is both of those, and feta cheese, pepperoni sausage, mild jalapenos, and sometimes pineapple as well.

Aieyla

Neo Member
I don't eat pizza anymore. Feel free to shame me, mercilessly.

Good god man, why not?

And now I know what I'm having for dinner.

However, the BEST pizza in Chicago is at Lou Malnati's, and for those of you not in Chicago you can have it shipped, which I will be doing once we leave Chicago:

lou%20malnati%27s.jpg

There's an awesome Indian themed pizza place in Houston, called Bombay Pizza company. Had a Chicken tandoori pizza with some curry. The crust was almost a hybrid of naan and traditional pizza crust. Spicy, and delicious. Can't recommend the place enough.

Welcome back. I've learned not to order pizzas which have cheese inside the base. It makes an unholy mess when you're trying to eat them.

Good god man, why not?

And now I know what I'm having for dinner.

However, the BEST pizza in Chicago is at Lou Malnati's, and for those of you not in Chicago you can have it shipped, which I will be doing once we leave Chicago:

lou%20malnati%27s.jpg

Don't listen to this person. While they do ship they only ship small pizzas for over $20 each. Save your money, fly to Chicago and order an extra large with sausage and enjoy making a spectacle of yourself.

Damn, haven't had pizza in months. Next pizza is def going to be at a wood fired pizza place.

T-dog is now one them "wheat is bad m'kay" types.

My parents are away on vacation for two weeks soon, and the first thing I'm doing is getting some takeaway pizza in. Any recommendation on good takeaway brands in the UK?

Hell, might be a real man and just make my own calzone/pizza, ridiculously easy when you know how.

My parents are away on vacation for two weeks soon, and the first thing I'm doing is getting some takeaway pizza in. Any recommendation on good takeaway brands in the UK?

Hell, might be a real man and just make my own calzone/pizza, ridiculously easy when you know how.

The hand baked sainsbury's be good to yourself line is pretty swell.

TheExodu5

Banned
Never thought I'd find some good pizza in Canada, but I went to Tenesee Willems in Ottawa last week and it was amazing.

I had a wild boar sausage, caramelized apple, and 2 year old cheddar pizza that was to die for (not my pic, sadly):
IMG_1331.JPG

Their sopresta pizza looks great as well:
eglaWpOeVyFDJl-640m.jpg

Bq8LJDml.jpg

- Detroit Style Pizza
- Greek, Feta, Moz cheese
- Chicken
- Spinach
- Tomatoes
- Mushroom

It looks like this (except different toppings) when not super close-up.

Top Bottom