• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 4 Box design (not the games - the console)

UrbanRats

Going the dreamcast in Japan route
753922-yukawa30.jpg

But with the Trenton!

The only question is: Why not?

iNo65yOVWHGfe.png

Rafy

love it, much better that the black image of the console on black background printed on a black box (xbone). Microsoft should have made the box color green so the (green/silver) logo blends in more while the console pops.

Apath

The white does look better, but it doesn't blend in as well with my entertainment center. That's probably the main reason why the consoles are usually black by default.

Canon

Banned
It looks boring, as do the box arts for games. Sony isn't very good at design lately, let's be real. But I'll still be buying one.

It looks boring, as do the box arts for games. Sony isn't very good at design lately, let's be real. But I'll still be buying one.

That just like your opinion, man.

I like the Vita design, the PS4 and the box designs. The only thing I hate visually is the DualShock 4. So ugly.

PrinceKee

I like the PS4's blue led down the middle when it's on. Does the Xbox One not have any led's lit up when it's turned on? I hate they took the color out of the Xbox logo on the console, box, and controller....

jblank83

I honestly think it looks terrible. It looks like an eraser, like half an X. It's asymmetrical in a completely symmetrical way, which seems the worst way to design in my opinion, because it grabs your attention and does nothing with it. The big, garish, horizontal groove doesn't do anything for me either.

As much as I dislike the X1, at least it's unpretentious. It's just a big rectangular box with a little grill on it for some visual flair.

Neither is really interesting though. IMO, Wii U is better than both from a visual design perspective. Again, just a little box with nicely curved sides, nicely designed and placed buttons. Not ostentatious, not garish, not ugly, just simple and effective.

Rhindle

I like the PS4's blue led down the middle when it's on. Does the Xbox One not have any led's lit up when it's turned on? I hate they took the color out of the Xbox logo on the console, box, and controller....
The small circular logo on the right side lights up (in white).

strata8

This is bullshit they made the 360 look smaller and REALLY made the PS4 look smaller, just to make the XBO look bigger.

Nope. I was the one who made that image, and while the Xbox One is too large in that version all of the other consoles are 100% correct.

Top Bottom