• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 hits 35.9 million sold through to end users

RE_Player

God its so funny listening to podcasts from 2012 and 2013 hearing all these game journalists predict the end of console gaming. PS4, and Xbox One to a lesser extent, are doing fine.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
There's a bit of that on both sides of the fence. There are plenty of people who believe Microsoft is lying about their own sell-through numbers when they announce them as well.

Then again, there's also people who believe the moon landing was faked, 9/11 was staged by the US government, and the Holocaust never happened.

Takes all kinds.

And no one really pays attention to those people, so I am not sure your point, you just have to ignore them and not get worked up about it unless you are laughing at them.

cakely

To be fair there's a lot of evidence that the moon landing really was faked. Here are some sites you can take a look at, not trying to change your mind but it is interesting:

http://listverse.com/2012/12/28/10-reasons-the-moon-landings-could-be-a-hoax/
http://www.enkivillage.com/moon-landing-hoax.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7pzg9xpAOE

This thread took a turn for the awesome.

Also, please tell me you don't actually think the moon landing was faked.

xxracerxx

Always fun imagining the avatar talking...

aBoWnbL.jpg

RIP Alec and Mitch

joecanada

Can we please get some 9/11 conspiracy vids in here too please? I'm not sure I've been convinced that Sony actually sold any consoles yet they could all be wiiu with different covers

Well kinda if you want to focus even more on the US. There is not an insignificant portion of the country's populace that Crapgamer would appeal to with vitriol like that.

I mean there have been many commercials for American products that are at worst, borderline racist, and at least, offensively nationalistic. I've heard and seen so many radio and tv commercials advertising American cars basically bashing on Japanese brands, not because of quality (because for a long time Japanese cars were simply built better), but simply because American people should buy American products and not those dirty "Jap" products (obviously they don't actually say this, but the undertone is clear).

On my local sports radio station the host, a guy named Petros Papadakis, constantly has this schtick when he's doing his paid advertising portions where he says things like "Don't buy those weak trucks from "Japon", "Nippon"" and all manners of other stuff like that for Dodge and Ford. They continually pay him to do those so these companies obviously ratify and support that.

The most hilarious (and embarrassing) one in recent memory I think was that Buick one (I think?) where it had Japanese voiceover expressing how meticulously built and elegant the car on the screen was and then exclaimed surprise when it was revealed the car was an American one.

Funny thing is most of those "American" cars aren't even built in America. Just like XBO; wholly manufactured in China. So the dolts who buy into this nationalistic crap can continue to waste their money on flawed ideologies while being complete hypocrites at the same time far as I'm concerned; it makes for a good laugh.

Most people just tend to buy what's best and cheap. If more actually made-in-America products fit that bill, they'd sell more, plain and simple. Not our fault the bulk of quality cheap goods are from China. If people want to blame someone for that, blame the U.S government, Wall Street and banking systems :/

Funny thing is most of those "American" cars aren't even built in America. Just like XBO; wholly manufactured in China. So the dolts who buy into this nationalistic crap can continue to waste their money on flawed ideologies while being complete hypocrites at the same time far as I'm concerned; it makes for a good laugh.

Most people just tend to buy what's best and cheap. If more actually made-in-America products fit that bill, they'd sell more, plain and simple. Not our fault the bulk of quality cheap goods are from China. If people want to blame someone for that, blame the U.S government, Wall Street and banking systems :/

182c7y00d4mpqjpg.jpg

just sad.

To be fair there's a lot of evidence that the moon landing really was faked. Here are some sites you can take a look at, not trying to change your mind but it is interesting:

WTF... am I being trolled? Are we seriously taking into consideration that the US and Russia decided to work with each other in the 60s up to today and lie about this?

I wonder what will happen when the PS4 hits 40 million, will be start saying the world is flat?

I always wondered how xenophobic morons like that feel when the obvious facts regarding manufacturing get laid out in front of them. But then I realised I'm making a rather unfair assumption, that they'd have the intellectual ability to actually read the whole paragraph.

JordanN

Banned
Can we please get some 9/11 conspiracy vids in here too please? I'm not sure I've been convinced that Sony actually sold any consoles yet they could all be wiiu with different covers

I just opened up my PS4 and found a shocking inscription.

"Made by Nintendo"

Sony's secrets blown wide open!

Occam

There is no evidence for that. Simple proof that it happened: They communicated with the astronauts in real time (minus the delay caused by the speed of light) using radio, which had to come from the moon (pretty easy to pinpoint). The Soviets obviously tuned in, too, and given their status as arch enemies they would have pointed out if the source of the transmissions was terrestrial.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
He must mean only people who eat rice steamed with water.

You know, not people who eat their rice with butter, because all white people eat rice with butter amirite?

That is just nasty... only eat it steamed in my Zojirushi rice cooker. Complete with the USB adapter powered by the PS4.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
He must mean only people who eat rice steamed with water.

You know, not people who eat their rice with butter, because all white people eat rice with butter amirite?

Rice with butter seems really nice. I'm not much of a rice eater. I enjoy it but I'm lousy at making it.

Also, as far as I know Sony has only sold 1 PS4. Mine. The other 35 899 999 might as well be fiction.

pastrami

Rice with butter seems really nice. I'm not much of a rice eater. I enjoy it but I'm lousy at making it.

Also, as far as I know Sony has only sold 1 PS4. Mine. The other 35 899 999 might as well be fiction.

How do we know you are real though?

BTW, that crapgamer guy sounds like a gem.

WTF... am I being trolled? Are we seriously taking into consideration that the US and Russia decided to work with each other in the 60s up to today and lie about this?

I wonder what will happen when the PS4 hits 40 million, will be start saying the world is flat?

Actually, there are people who firmly believe that the world is flat and that NASA is lying to us.

https://upvoted.com/2015/12/07/flat-earth-believers-are-real-and-they-blame-nasa-for-your-ignorance/

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
How do we know you are real though?

BTW, that crapgamer guy sounds like a gem.

How can someone be lousy at making rice? If you own a pot, can boil water, turn knobs and own a timer, you can make rice.

I base my definition of "real" around the subjective understanding of the "me".

Also, dunno why rice is so hard. I like it but I never get it right. Actually, I still remember the time I made it just perfect. I ate just rice for two meals in a row. That rice was awesome.

Shenmue

Banned
I base my definition of "real" around the subjective understanding of the "me".

Also, dunno why rice is so hard. I like it but I never get it right. Actually, I still remember the time I made it just perfect. I ate just rice for two meals in a row. That rice was awesome.

I'm with you, rice is tough to get perfectly right, like that perfect amount of moisture and fluffiness.

Try making brown rice that shit is like rocket science. It always comes out too hard!

xxracerxx

I'm with you, rice is tough to get perfectly right, like that perfect amount of moisture and fluffiness.

Try making brown rice that shit is like rocket science. It always comes out too hard!

You guys are blowing my mind right now.

Top Bottom