• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale gone gold ; final boss revealed

Well I think i'll be buying this game twice.
Won't have my PS3 for awhile so I'll play it on my vita.
but I'll have to buy the PS3 version so me and my friends can play when I go back home for the holidays.

Was bummed at first but hell more sales for Sony is a good thing.

...Why don't you just buy the PS3 version and play on the Vita version they give you?

Jawmuncher

...Why don't you just buy the PS3 version and play on the Vita version they give you?

Is it just a standalone code you can use without ever putting the disc in the PS3?

You have to put the Disc into the PS3 to activate the Download for your game plus a code last I checked. That way people can't go and just sell codes off the PS3 version to vita users.
But that brings up a very good question.

If anyone knows:
Are the Vita and Online play codes on PS3 the same code or seperate?
(Also thinking about It I could also just log into my PSN account on a friends PS3 and use the PS3 version that way (Though i'd need to deactivate the console afterwards).

libregkd

The only coin that looks pretty good is the Sweet Tooth one. Everyone else is either off or just plain frightening

Fat Princess in particular looks creepy. Those eyes man.

PaulLFC

I like the look of this but I'm terrible at fighting games, so I have a feeling multiplayer would be a very sad and frustrating experience for me
3AQmK.gif

I've read it has a lot of single-player content though (over 100 hours according to one of the devs) so that's interesting.

I like the look of this but I'm terrible at fighting games, so I have a feeling multiplayer would be a very sad and frustrating experience for me
3AQmK.gif

I've read it has a lot of single-player content though (over 100 hours according to one of the devs) so that's interesting.
Thats why you practice with us :3.

That rap should be part of the ost. So good!

Kratos has aged by 20 years, Parappa has developed a proclivity for acid, Radec has morphed into Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean, Fat Princess has food stored in her cheeks for the winter and Sly has recently had botox injections.

At least Sweet Tooth looks relatively normal.

Shahed

3AQmK.gif

I'm in the same boat. Awful at fighting games but I think it's got enough single player content to satisfy me. Hopefully by the time I do most of it, I'll be experienced enough to not get slaughtered when I go online...

You have to put the Disc into the PS3 to activate the Download for your game plus a code last I checked. That way people can't go and just sell codes off the PS3 version to vita users.
But that brings up a very good question.

If anyone knows:
Are the Vita and Online play codes on PS3 the same code or seperate?
(Also thinking about It I could also just log into my PSN account on a friends PS3 and use the PS3 version that way (Though i'd need to deactivate the console afterwards).

You could always buy the PS3 version off PSN as well and get both that way

PSY・S;44288118 said:
I have a feeling it'll be a free Plus game at some point. Maybe in a year or so, or maybe before PSASBR 2.

I wouldn't expect a sequel for a good while. Ideally there should be one PASBR every gen.

Ran rp

I wouldn't expect a sequel for a good while. Ideally there should be one PASBR every gen.

Yeah I'm not expecting a sequel any time soon but I imagine that Sony/SuperBot would like to get the original in the hands of many naysayers/people who haven't played yet before the release of PSASBR 2.

Jawmuncher

You could always buy the PS3 version off PSN as well and get both that way

True but the issue still stems from i'll need my PS3, which I won't have in my hands right away for quite awhile. I think I will just go with the PS3 version and use a friends PS3 with my account and do it that way. Then just deactivate my account on that PS3. Since all I need is the Download added to my History.

Pranay

So don't want to sound like a douche but is Sony going to at least market this game? It's out in about a week and I don't feel any excitement over this game.
I'm definitely picking it up for the couch play and cross buy but I need some people to play with.

They have marketing the game a lot

Tsunamo

PSY・S;44288118 said:
I have a feeling it'll be a free Plus game at some point. Maybe in a year or so, or maybe before PSASBR 2.
A Plus freebie close to the sequels release (if we get one) would probably be what would happen going by what Sony's been doing with PS+ games lately.

Ran rp

off-topic again but I hope Sony gives games like Heavenly Sword and Folklore (which I still need to play) a second chance on the PS4.

Lmao those coins are horrifying. I'm going to have to cancel my preorder, sadly, because of Persona 4 Golden coming out on the same day. I'm also scared that'll eventually be hard to find - meanwhile this won't. As long as I buy it new later I'll always be able to get the Vita version for free right?

BadWolf

Anyone know if this will have an online pass for multiplayer?

PSY・S;44289838 said:
off-topic again but I hope Sony gives games like Heavenly Sword and Folklore (which I still need to play) a second chance on the PS4.

You can pretty much kiss Folklore good bye at this point I think (sequel pitch rejected, dev disbanded), Heavenly Sword seems to have a chance though. It would be a good way to give God of War a break as well.

Jawmuncher

Lmao those coins are horrifying. I'm going to have to cancel my preorder, sadly, because of Persona 4 Golden coming out on the same day. I'm also scared that'll eventually be hard to find - meanwhile this won't. As long as I buy it new later I'll always be able to get the Vita version for free right?

I believe so there isnt any indication of it promotion going away.
Not to mention if it is, it'll be similar to the case of EA games and how they do "Limited Editions' with the first printing.

Since everyone knows those Limited Editions are still easy to find even months after a games release.

Jawmuncher

Anyone know if this will have an online pass for multiplayer?

You can pretty much kiss Folklore good bye at this point I think (sequel pitch rejected, dev disbanded), Heavenly Sword seems to have a chance though. It would be a good way to give God of War a break as well.

Seriously and I love God of War.
It just kind of annoys me that all they can do with GOW is prequels now.
Since it seems like they wrote themselves into a tight spot with GOW3.

I still think they should drop gow and do a new mythos. Or better yet, use gow in a new genre. Would love a rts game or strategy but that's my inner age of empires self talking

BadWolf

I think so. Someone posted a picture of the back of the Vita box earlier, and it said something like "Comes with code for online functionality".

Thanks and dang it :/

Pretty much this. Though I guess this time a lot depends on the multiplayer component as well, if that's successful then more GOW will definitely be around the corner.

For me I'd either they give Nariko a serious effort (as in the GOW team work on it) or refresh GOW completely with a new character and setting. Its been great so far but I've more than had my fill of Kratos and Greek mythology.

Jawmuncher

I still think they should drop gow and do a new mythos. Or better yet, use gow in a new genre. Would love a rts game or strategy but that's my inner age of empires self talking

Thanks and dang it :/

Pretty much this. Though I guess this time a lot depends on the multiplayer component as well, if that's successful then more GOW will definitely be around the corner.

For me I'd either they give Nariko a serious effort (as in the GOW team work on it) or refresh GOW completely with a new character and setting. Its been great so far but I've more than had my fill of Kratos and Greek mythology.

I agree I think the God fo War series could definetly work it's way to a new Mythos.
It would just be up to Sony to market it right.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I don't understand what makes 700K a sign of the series disappearing?

People seem to have this mentality that if a game doesn't reach 6 million units, it's a bomb.

I can't speak for the budget of All Stars, but I doubt it's approaching MGS4 or Killzone 2 levels. All Stars is not a $50 million budget game.

Over the course of 3 years, I can see the game's budget being anywhere between $10-$15 million, if that much. If the game sold 700k, that'd be roughly $42 million. Please keep in mind that salaries have already been paid, marketing has already been paid, so that $42 mil will be simply recouping what Sony put into the game. They'd have made a nice, fat profit off of All Stars if it sold 700k, and more than likely we'd see a sequel.

Even David Jaffe stated that they were happy with the sales of Twisted Metal PS3. I imagine it's because, even though it didn't sell like the old entries in the series, and didn't breach 1 million units, it probably still turned a profit for the company.

I don't see All Stars being a 1 million seller out the gate, but like many of Sony's new IPs, I imagine it will be a slow burner, and certainly cross 2 million before it's all said and done. I think, with this game, word of mouth is going to be one of the key contributors to this title's success over pure marketing tactics like commercials and billboards. Many skeptics have been converted by the demo units out there, and various events.

I think it will have solid numbers release week, and will probably improve even more thanks to Black Friday. But I really hate talking about sales. I just had to say my thoughts on that 700k number.

Not every game needs to post CoD numbers. Especially if the production team has been on the ball with managing their budget and maximizing their staff's skillset.

I can't remember- can you turn your end direction during a roll? I sometimes end up looking the wrong way and feel being able to have ended up in the other direction should be more responsive.

And how do you guys feel about blocking? should it give the attacker ap? I think it is fine, but I wonder if they will work on defense for the sequel. I love how there are counters in this game for some characters. What would happen to 1v1 if everyone could counter at the right moment? I wonder how characters with parry will play

Sponge

Banned
Even David Jaffe stated that they were happy with the sales of Twisted Metal PS3. I imagine it's because, even though it didn't sell like the old entries in the series, and didn't breach 1 million units, it probably still turned a profit for the company.

Isn't ESP and Lightbox doing iOS development now?

Top Bottom