• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale gone gold ; final boss revealed

Drencrom

Dude come on, Omar and Seth are in like Flynn with the PS3 IGN team by now. Colin is practically obligated to give the game a sterling review by this stage. Anything less and Omar will hunt him down like the killbot we all know he is.

iJFrg8GBIa6Lo.png

Takao

Banned
Dude come on, Omar and Seth are in like Flynn with the PS3 IGN team by now. Colin is practically obligated to give the game a sterling review by this stage. Anything less and Omar will hunt him down like the killbot we all know he is.

Vita version will get a 4/10 simply for existing

Vita version will get a 4/10 simply for existing

Oh, you wanna know why IGN is hating on all those Vita games right now? To compensate for the sickeningly positive, borderline-biased wankpiece they've got penned for PASBR. Anything under 9 and I'll main Raiden.

What is the fanservice/unlockables situation here? Concept art, stickers, trophies (not psn trophies)? If I can't play as Wander, can I at least some cool art?

I pre-ordered this for the PS3 (the better version right?) from EB today....if you pre-order it you get this:

QXDyU.jpg

I don't like Melee/Brawl and I missed out on the beta for this, but I'm still taking a chance. Hope I like it!

I like how this game isn't even out yet and it already has a really weird fanbase who likes to draw pictures of not only the characters in the game, but the people making the game.

That image is taken from one of the dream roster vids that the IGN team used to make not so long ago. It's not fan-drawn or anything like that.

Just saw the costume list on GameFAQS. LOL...oh Capcom...

What?

I pre-ordered this for the PS3 (the better version right?) from EB today....if you pre-order it you get this:

I don't like Melee/Brawl and I missed out on the beta for this, but I'm still taking a chance. Hope I like it!

A random post from GameFAQs claimed that the preorder costumes are in every launch copy, which is something I'm hoping for because I'm preordering from Amazon.uk for the steelbook...

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
What is the fanservice/unlockables situation here? Concept art, stickers, trophies (not psn trophies)? If I can't play as Wander, can I at least some cool art?

Hasn't been revealed. Personally, I like it this way. I want to be surprised by some cool unlockables while I'm playing, and not have everything spelled out for me before release. Especially now that we're a week away.

A random post from GameFAQs claimed that the preorder costumes are in every launch copy, which is something I'm hoping for because I'm preordering from Amazon.uk for the steelbook...

Damn I want that steelbook, but I'm pre-ordered with Sainsburys for £30 and it doesn't seem worth the extra 8 quid if I opt for Amazon instead.

So when you switch mains to Fatty P, can I have your avatar?

If I give away this avatar, my dad's gonna bite me.

Do we have a general consensus on which version to go for?

That would kinda suck for me. I can get it for $9 cheaper ‘without’ the pre-order bonus if that’s the case.

EDIT: Thanks for the pic Drencrom.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Sweet. That makes things a lot easier.

The Vita version is amazing, and will probably be the one I play the game on the most. It's about as close to a direct copy as you can get (gameplay is 100% accurate, just a few alterations in graphics; probably polygon counts on characters are slightly lower). On the Vita screen, the games look virtually identical.

Here's a screen I took from the Vita, and please keep in mind the Vita screen capture OS is balls, and this is the beta, not final code. I got to play final code, and it looked even better on the Vita and the PS3:

SmithnCo

Of course Sony decides to give Plus members a bunch of awesome Vita games right when this game comes out, lol. No shortage of things to play.

I'd like to think; quite well, but im sure you will be the judge of that ;)

C'mon, Mink! I got my OT out the door today, and so should you!

On a more related note, what do you guys think Wander's alts would be? I think Ico and Lord Emon would be cool, and they could change the skin of his Level 3 (which would be transforming into Dormin, of course).

Oh, you wanna know why IGN is hating on all those Vita games right now? To compensate for the sickeningly positive, borderline-biased wankpiece they've got penned for PASBR. Anything under 9 and I'll main Raiden.

You better start getting ready to main Raiden.

Miller was shitting on the storymode. No way this will get a 9. Most likely a 7.5 and it will be compared to Smash and openly asked why it doesn't play like it.

Dreweyes

Miller was shitting on the storymode. No way this will get a 9. Most likely a 7.5 and it will be compared to Smash and openly asked why it doesn't play like it.

I know there's a difference between gaming advertisement promotions & the websites rating for said game, but IGN seems to have really gone above & beyond with promo's for PSASBR. Beta code giveaway through IGN Prime, live play session, multiple gameplay demonstration videos & interviews, etc. Oh well, still getting it day 1.

Miller was shitting on the storymode.
No way this will get a 9. Most likely a 7.5 and it will be compared to Smash and openly asked why it doesn't play like it.

When was this? Lol at expecting a robust story mode. Guess he also hates every other fighting game and platformers including mario and crash. Seriously!

SSReborn

Miller talked about it in last weeks Gamescoop podcast.

I heard that Gamescoop episode a reader asked what games they should get if they are looking for a fighting game with a Story his examples being Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, MK vs DC or SSBM (basically a narrative type thing) and the guys suggest MK9, and wait for Injustice Gods Among Us and another person on the podcasts says what about All Stars and Greg tries to explain that its like your basic fighting game campaign where you go through a ladder and then just says its doesn't have a good story. Doesn't seem like he was bashing it at all seems as if he was just answering the question in the context of what the reader wanted to know, I wouldn't suggest All Stars either for someone who is looking for a campaign in a Fighting Game that would be like suggesting SF4 to someone for the Story.

Top Bottom