• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale gone gold ; final boss revealed

I heard that Gamescoop episode a reader asked what games they should get if they are looking for a fighting game with a Story his examples being Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, MK vs DC or SSBM (basically a narrative type thing) and the guys suggest MK9, and wait for Injustice Gods Among Us and another person on the podcasts says what about All Stars and Greg tries to explain that its like your basic fighting game campaign where you go through a ladder and then just says its doesn't have a good story. Doesn't seem like he was bashing it at all seems as if he was just answering the question in the context of what the reader wanted to know, I wouldn't suggest All Stars either for someone who is looking for a campaign in a Fighting Game that would be like suggesting SF4 to someone for the Story.
That's very disappointing. They have such a wealth of content to flesh out the interactions and a cool, funny story around. Seems they aimed for the lowest common denominator

They should have had an intro to each fight with each of the characters having a little segment with the other 19

sn00zer

In the post above mine there is a link to a gallery of some final build pictures. Two of them are from Invasion. I'm actually surprised at how colorful it is the level select picture doesn't indicate that at all.

263575_10151306321900631_308214221_n.jpg

189642_10151306322005631_1312549906_n.jpg

That is hilariously colorful...great invasion for killzone

Say wha, where?

Bought my pre order on the PSN. A big message comes up saying to come back any time after 12:01 EST to download the game
Also the page for the game on the PSN store is tight
Also when you pre order you get an exclusive theme for your PS3 that is awesome!

Bought my pre order on the PSN. A big message comes up saying to come back any time after 12:01 EST to download the game
Also when you pre order you get an exclusive theme for your PS3 that is awesome!

oh damn. Kinda want it to dl now but cooler heads shall prevail.

B.O.O.M

How do you preorder on PSN? :S haven't done it before

B.O.O.M

I'm wondering about this too. Do you pay full price when the game is released, or when you place your preorder?

Actually just saw it. In the new store under ps3 games section they have all stars up for pre order. I think you will have to pay the whole amount at once though

They should have told about digital preorder months ago zzz. I hope that preorder costumes are in every new copy, I fully trust local gamestop to fuck things up with it.

Btw Colin is doing the review, not Miller.

Tsunamo

I'm happy with those costumes with the exception of Dantes. Capcom really did limit Superbot in terms of what they could use as alternate costumes for Dante, bit of a shame as there was alot of great costumes they could have used for him. (Classic Dante, Virgil etc.)

Correct me if I'm wrong though, but wasn't there supposed to be two unlockable costumes for every character in the game, not one? I might just be remembering wrong.

Dante gets his classic DMC3 costume and people don't like it? What a shame.

Also every character has 1 unlockable costume+preorder costume. Classic Vergils coat hoodie is an alt color for Dante tho so that is kinda cool.

Tsunamo

Dante gets his classic DMC3 costume and people don't like it? What a shame.

Also every character has 1 unlockable costume+preorder costume. Classic Vergils coat hoodie is an alt color for Dante tho so that is kinda cool.
I assumed it was just Dante without a shirt, no jacket because they just said no shirt and didn't mention anything else. If he has his classic DMC3 costume without a shirt I'll be more happy with what he got.

Didn't know Classic Virgils coat hoodie was a alt colour for Dante either, that's pretty neat!

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up. Guess I confused the pre-order costumes and unlockable costumes when I was thinking of two.
Wow Invasion is looking sweet!
Yeah, it's looking great! Still no footage of it yet from early players though. :(

Spinluck

*Walks inside Gamestop*

*Goes up to counter to talk to girl who works there*

*I say* "Hi, I'm hear to finish paying off a game I pre-ordered"

*She says* "What game?".

*I say* "Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale".

*She says* "What's that?" "That's on Playstation, right?"

*I walk out of store*

I actually laughed and said yeah, and she jokingly said she should be fired and it's terrible that she didn't know Sony was making a Smash like games (I explained it to her a bit). But yea, she was cool about it, and said she might try it out. Makes me wonder if we should question how Sony's advertising it, I haven't seen one TV spot yet. Wreck-It-Ralph was a good idea, but I'm sure you will reach a lot more people on TV.

Tsunamo

*Walks inside Gamestop*

*Goes up to counter to talk to girl who works there*

*I say* "Hi, I'm hear to finish paying off a game I pre-ordered"

*She says* "What game?".

*I say* "Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale".

*She says* "What's that?" "That's on Playstation, right?"

*I walk out of store*

I actually laughed and said yeah, and she jokingly said she should be fired and it's terrible that she didn't know Sony was making a Smash like games (I explained it to her a bit). But yea, she was cool about it, and said she might try it out. Makes me wonder if we should question how Sony's advertising it, I haven't seen one TV spot yet. Wreck-It-Ralph was a good idea, but I'm sure you will reach a lot more people on TV.
Similar thing happened to me aswell at EB Games (Australian/Canadian Gamestop)

The girl I pre-ordered the game from said she thought it was coming to 360 aswell, she even went so far as to ask another guy working there if it was coming to 360 because she was so sure that it was.

B-Dex

All I see is another boring flat level with a video playing in the background. But I guess since everyone likes flat boring levels in these types of games I get why people like it.

Kurod

Banned

Sounds awesome. I think I'm going to go cancel my Amazon preorder for this.

All I see is another boring flat level with a video playing in the background. But I guess since everyone likes flat boring levels in these types of games I get why people like it.

To be fair if we compare to Brawl for example the scrolling DK and Mario levels were pretty annoying after a while so I'm not that bothered with only 1 scrolling level lol. Locoroco is pretty cool looking tho as a dynamic stage without scrolling.

I assumed it was just Dante without a shirt, no jacket because they just said no shirt and didn't mention anything else. If he has his classic DMC3 costume without a shirt I'll be more happy with what he got.

Didn't know Classic Virgils coat hoodie was a alt colour for Dante either, that's pretty neat!

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up. Guess I confused the pre-order costumes and unlockable costumes when I was thinking of two. Yeah, it's looking great! Still no footage of it yet from early players though. :(

The DMC3 thing was just a joke since Dante is shirtless in that one. Vergil costume/colour can be seen here.

KevinCow

Banned
Looking at all the move lists on the site, I find it funny that nearly every character has some sort of ground pound.

Kratos - Hammer (down triangle)
Fat Princess - Butt Stomp (down triangle)
Cole - Thunder Drop (down square)
Heihachi - Falling kick thing (down triangle)
Big Daddy - Drill slam (down triangle)
Drake - Falling debris (down O)
Sweet Tooth - Stomp (down square)
Sly - Spinning cane dive (down square)
Jak - Dive attack (down square)
Dante - Helm breaker (down square)
Ratchet - Wrench slam (down square)
Spike - Stun club down thrust (down square)
Evil Cole - Thunder Drop (down square)
Nariko - Giant floor blades slam (down O)
Sir Dan - Hammer (down triangle)

The only characters who don't, as far as I can tell, are:

Toro
Parappa
Radec
Sackboy
Raiden

...And I might be wrong about Toro and Raiden.

Grr, was excited for the midnight launch and then heading to my friends place to play all night. But his "gf" will be there and she's the most obnoxious person ever (and she would want to play the entire time). Still go and deal w/ annoyance or just play by myself at home...

Jawmuncher

Grr, was excited for the midnight launch and then heading to my friends place to play all night. But his "gf" will be there and she's the most obnoxious person ever (and she would want to play the entire time). Still go and deal w/ annoyance or just play by myself at home...

Play with him online?

Jawmuncher

Oh damn... that's genius. Haha, didn't think of that. Does online function the same as couch? Like can you do two vs two computers ect? Or ffa?

Im sure someone who was in the beta can answer that better than I.
But I know you can do 2 V 2 and FFA online with a friend I believe.
Unsure if that will allow for CPU usage.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm going to pre-order on PSN tonight, will the game pre-download and auto-unlock at mindnight? If not what time of the day does the download begin and/or do I have to start it manually?

Can't wait for this.

Did your preorder mention that you get the Vita version for free?

Did your preorder mention that you get the Vita version for free?

They already commented that digital PS3 version includes Vita version so I would assume it does unless they did 2 different digital versions just to fuck with people :d.

The Vita version that comes with any PS3 version ain't the normal store download. You need to boot the game on PS3 and get it trough there.

Actually that wouldn't be a bad idea.
60 Digital with Vita Copy
40 PS3 copy without Vita Copy

And charge 20€/$ extra from the preorders? ;)

So if Radecs alt costume is indeed Shock Trooper it would be pretty cool. I like the design and they were Radecs personal guards in KZ2.
yyTmm.png

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm going to pre-order on PSN tonight, will the game pre-download and auto-unlock at mindnight? If not what time of the day does the download begin and/or do I have to start it manually?

Can't wait for this.

LOL, just seen that this was confirmed about 10 posts up, cheers.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
They already commented that digital PS3 version includes Vita version so I would assume it does unless they did 2 different digital versions just to fuck with people :d.

The Vita version that comes with any PS3 version ain't the normal store download. You need to boot the game on PS3 and get it trough there.

When I looked the description of the product said something at the bottom like "This product includes the Vita version for free"

Presumably they are 2 different downloads that both unlock in your account after midnight.

Kouichi

As obvious as it was, Im glad to see a confirmation for Good Cole's jacket alt. Now I wonder if theyll go with the original look like Evil Cole
good_cole1.jpg

or the Infamous 2 variant
Untitled.jpg

There's only a few differences so I can't decide which I prefer. Either way, I am totally using this costume with the default color.

Sony giving away dat Gravity Rush for free on PS+ so that, by the time Kat is revealed as DLC, everyone will know who she is. You know it all makes sense.

How Polygon Man boss apparently works:
Apparently, you fight a polygon-ified version of one character (didnt specify if it as rndom or not), once you kill him, then you can attack polygon man for a bit, then he retreats

summons 2 polygon people, you kill them, then attack polygon man again

summons 3 polygon people, you kill them, then attack the boss one last time and kill him.

Pretty much what most people expected.

Don't think so. But it's like an in game thing to download the Vita version so I don't think I'll initially download the Vita game when I download the PS3 one

See, they should have advertised that with the digital PS3 version. More people would get it when they're just searching through the store. I had no idea you had to retrieve the Vita version from within the PS3 version.

See, they should have advertised that with the digital PS3 version. More people would get it when they're just searching through the store. I had no idea you had to retrieve the Vita version from within the PS3 version.

At least they made the page for it all pretty on the new store?
Yeah you're right, isn't advertised as much as it should be :/

Shahed

Sony giving away dat Gravity Rush for free on PS+ so that, by the time Kat is revealed as DLC, everyone will know who she is. You know it all makes sense.

I still feel weird about Gravity Rush being free. It's a new IP that I want to do really well, but now people aren't really gonna buy it anymore. Having Uncharted and another game would have been preferable, or even making Gravity Rush discounted

Top Bottom