• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Invisible Granade (Down+Square) and Sniper Rifle (Left/Right+Triangle) are all you need. :p

Thanks for the advice, spamming down+square hard worked. What an unpleasant experience though. A bunch of times they respawned fast enough to interrupt my taunt, because Radec took his sweet time to put away the gun.

Nakiro

I think the endings to the story mode are especially dull, since they all pretty much go "Well it appears I had no real reason to fight those fights, but now I have this new power."
Story is arguably the weakest part of the game. Which is alright since they nailed the fighting system.

Jawmuncher

Starting to mess around with a lot of the different characters. Nariko is ok she has really good square moves and AP gain there but not feeling her triangle and circle attacks.

Heihachi is pretty awesome so far though.
I think I just prefer the combo guys over the people with a lot of different stuff.

TheMink

Starting to mess around with a lot of the different characters. Nariko is ok she has really good square moves and AP gain there but not feeling her triangle and circle attacks.

I think I just prefer the combo guys over the people with a lot of different stuff.

Yesh, those O and ▽ moves are for dem combos.

You can control the circle cannon projectile so it's excellent for harrassing campers or combat ball from a safe location. Air down circle is one of her best moves and since it crumbles you can use it to start a combo. Down triangle chainpull and neutral triangle counter are essential moves.

kvothe

I think the endings to the story mode are especially dull, since they all pretty much go "Well it appears I had no real reason to fight those fights, but now I have this new power."

They're not dull, they're awful. I could barely even understand what the little sister was saying in the final cutscene for Big Daddy, my ear pressed up against the speaker. She was just reciting her usual tripe and then Big Daddy starts to glow and then it's over. ... Wat?

The complete lack of any understandable narrative and the fact that they couldn't even bother making animated cutscenes for the intro/outro make me sorta wish they hadn't included it at all. If the incredibly minor "story" elements don't even make sense anyway, why even add them? Could have spent more time balancing characters instead, which, judging by some of the comments in here, they need to do.

Yep; that's Nolan North alright.

The only line that sounds off to me is "hat pataytah!" whenever he uses his Level 1.

Yeah, i've played arcade mode with him and he seemed fine to me there. At first i just listened to his intro/outro lines and taunts and some of them sounded different than what i am used to from uncharted, which threw me off a bit.

Anyway, i've been doing the combat trials for Drake and i wanted to ask, did anyone else have problems getting the zipline move (air down+o) to register in the "move list" trial? I did the move two dozen times, but it seems i'm doing something wrong. I've tried hitting one enemy, both enemies, no enemy, hit them in the middle of the move or at the end, none of it worked.

SSReborn

I think for the sequel if it gets one they should have different arcade types depending on the character you pick for instance some characters should have tag campaigns.

Like imagine Jak and Ratchet team up and then their arcade progression can be tied together and they can build a story around that. It will allow for more of small "tale" to be told between the two and it will allow for more banter and character interaction between the 4 characters. They can have 2 v 2's and 1 v 1's in this mode.

Characters that I would give a Tag Campaign from the first parties in this game would be
Sir Dan & Fatty P (Imagine a campaign where Sir Dan is comissioned to protect Fat Princess)
Sly & Drake (Imagine a plot where they work together to plot a heist)

Then they keep the Solo campaigns for where it fits like for instance Kratos; he can be on his lonesome like he is in most of his games. They should try to make it feel like a Journey instead of random match after random match after random match. These campaigns will have 1 v 1 and free for all modes.

It think it will add something to mix up the standard arcade experience.

kvothe

Yeah, i've played arcade mode with him and he seemed fine to me there. At first i just listened to his intro/outro lines and taunts and some of them sounded different than what i am used to from uncharted, which threw me off a bit.

Anyway, i've been doing the combat trials for Drake and i wanted to ask, did anyone else have problems getting the zipline move (air down+o) to register in the "move list" trial? I did the move two dozen times, but it seems i'm doing something wrong. I've tried hitting one enemy, both enemies, no enemy, hit them in the middle of the move or at the end, none of it worked.

Worked just fine for me.

SmithnCo

You sure you did the correct version (aerial or ground)?

TheMink

I think for the sequel if it gets one they should have different arcade types depending on the character you pick for instance some characters should have tag campaigns.

Like imagine Jak and Ratchet team up and then their arcade progression can be tied together and they can build a story around that. It will allow for more of small "tale" to be told between the two and it will allow for more banter and character interaction between the 4 characters. They can have 2 v 2's and 1 v 1's in this mode.

Characters that I would give a Tag Campaign from the first parties in this game would be
Sir Dan & Fatty P (Imagine a campaign where Sir Dan is comissioned to protect Fat Princess)

Then they keep the Solo campaigns for where it fits like for instance Kratos; he can be on his lonesome like he is in most of his games. They should try to make it feel like a Journey instead of random match after random match after random match. These campaigns will have 1 v 1 and free for all modes.

PSAS:Tag Tounament!

Edit: after reading that closer that sounds awesome.

Leezard

That would indeed be way better than the current arcade mode.

I cant stand Drake - his level 1 super is terrible. Big Daddy has some potential but Raiden is fantastic so far, along with Dante and Kratos for me.

I love me some Big Daddy, but I agree that Booker and Elizabeth would make great characters for a future All-Stars. I really wish we got a Rapture stage though, complete with Emerald Weapon/eel Colossus/Scylla from GOW/whoever swimming about.

SmithnCo

Big Daddy could use a buff on his 2... It's ridiculously easy to dodge and he still has those long animations when he misses, right?

Jawmuncher

You can control the circle cannon projectile so it's excellent for harrassing campers or combat ball from a safe location. Air down circle is one of her best moves and since it crumbles you can use it to start a combo. Down triangle chainpull and neutral triangle counter are essential moves.

Definitely someone I need to just mess around with more.

DigitalOp

Banned
I cant stand Drake - his level 1 super is terrible. Big Daddy has some potential but Raiden is fantastic so far, along with Dante and Kratos for me.

Was gonna comment on your drake opinion but looking at your choice of characters, you're pretty much the same playstyle as the mass majority who play this online, oh well ...

SmithnCo

I dunno. His neutral circle especially in air is very reliable. Just activate the super when next to opponent.

He does that long intro to the super too, so it's super obvious when he's pulled it. Maybe there's a better lead-off attack for people close to you, down triangle?

Big Daddy could use a buff on his 2... It's ridiculously easy to dodge and he still has those long animations when he misses, right?

Activate it when the enemies are recovering. Neutral circle sends out a radius AoE attack, I think. I can manage to get 4 kills, if I dont end up having to chase someone that escapes. Once an enemy has a chance to escape it does waste major time. I would be down for a small time buff, but then it would make his Super 3 even more redundant than it already is.

I am more and more becoming aware of countering Super 2's with Super 1's. Big Daddy comes rushing at me and I blast him with Sweet Tooth's 1.

I think they should buff his Super 3 instead by just 2-3 seconds, because I find it becomes redundant with his Super 2 gaining him about the same amount kills, relatively speaking.

I wish my Internet provider or router wasn't being ass. I want to play people :(

And I feel alone in enjoying the arcade mode beginning and ending stills. The art feels like it's from each game and so does the dialogue. Sackboy's story makes me grin every time listening to Stephen Fry's long winded expositions.

Ah and I hate Toro's level 1 mastery on All Stars. Get multiple kills in that big Killzone stage? 1:30 minutes? Ugh!

Doesn't the number 1 ranked guy on 2v2 use Jak? Also LOL at jak being slow.

Anyone up for some games and stuffs? :D

Yeah, Jak is great in 2vs2 as support. Me and my brother are doing pretty well in 2 vs 2 and I always use Jak. The problem is that his supers are very conditional and he only has a few moves that build decent AP. I'm still having a blast with him though.

Caffer

Neo Member
what do you guys think of Toro? I love him and his stances but playing online as him is a suicide..probably I'm not good enough with him yet but 1 vs 1 with a kratos who knows what he's doing is impossible lol... he has priority over all Toro's attacks..

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
what do you guys think of Toro? I love him and his stances but playing online as him is a suicide..probably I'm not good enough with him yet but 1 vs 1 with a kratos who knows what he's doing is impossible lol... he has priority over all Toro's attacks..

Use your range stuff more, block his forward squares.

Grinchy

Banned
The OP says you cannot give away your Vita copy when you buy the PS3 copy. However, my brother has been playing his PS3 copy for a week or 2 now. He already had his Online Pass enabled. He forced me to try to add the free Vita game to my account just now, and I kept saying it wouldn't work because of what I read.

It did work. A Vita copy of All-Stars is currently downloading under my account, and he's playing All-Stars on his account right now. Did we broked it? Is this known already?

The OP says you cannot give away your Vita copy when you buy the PS3 copy. However, my brother has been playing his PS3 copy for a week or 2 now. He already had his Online Pass enabled. He forced me to try to add the free Vita game to my account just now, and I kept saying it wouldn't work because of what I read.

It did work. A Vita copy of All-Stars is currently downloading under my account, and he's playing All-Stars on his account right now. Did we broked it? Is this known already?

Omar is coming for you...

screenshot_291500_thumb_wide300.jpg

Slurmer

Banned
Any other ratchet users have his weapons disappear during online matches? Like ill randomly lose access to his standing triangle move...the sfx is there but no weapon is visible and no damage is done

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Any other ratchet users have his weapons disappear during online matches? Like ill randomly lose access to his standing triangle move...the sfx is there but no weapon is visible and no damage is done

Yeah I had it happen in training mode, it's a really really really really low chance of happening.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I wish my Internet provider or router wasn't being ass. I want to play people :(

And I feel alone in enjoying the arcade mode beginning and ending stills. The art feels like it's from each game and so does the dialogue. Sackboy's story makes me grin every time listening to Stephen Fry's long winded expositions.

Ah and I hate Toro's level 1 mastery on All Stars. Get multiple kills in that big Killzone stage? 1:30 minutes? Ugh!

I actually enjoy the Arcade mode story artwork. I just wish there was more of it, and a few more cutscenes closing out the Rival storyline, and setting up/concluding the Polygon Man storyline.

After beating my Rival, I would have just loved to have an after battle cutscene in which some more smack talk is laid down, then Polygon Man suddenly appears, monologues about what he's planning, then you fight him, defeat him, a closing cutscene shows how you whooped his ass, then the final artwork cutscenes play to bookend it.

Ah well. It's stuff to look forward to for the sequel.

Top Bottom