• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Uhm... that's the event that the screenshots I posted came from. So other than hands-on impressions, everything that's part of that event is now known.

Okay_guy.jpg

mollipen

PSY・S;45038795 said:
Dat HD Kat. Gravity Rush's IQ really killed the look of the game.

Couldn't disagree more. She had this almost 16-bit sprite style of look to her, and I absolutely loved that about the game.

zychi

Banned
I put this in the sell thread, but figured I'd throw it in here too. I'm extra LTTP, but I'd like to sell my Vita code of this game either for PSN money, PS Plus time, or paypal. If anyone is still on the fence about this game, I"m willing to negotiate to get rid of it.

mollipen

PSY・S;45039240 said:
IMO. I love the art style but the aliasing ruined it for me. The low resolution wasn't too much of a problem.

Yeah, I mean nothing against your opinion, and can understand where you are coming from. I just personally loved how the graphics ended up looking in the game—either due to the resolution, by choice, or both, it was a style that I found really appealing.

I'm guessing they are rivals...

Also, who's excited to play online against 4 Kats, 4 Emmets, 2 Kats & 2 Emmets, 1 Kat & 3 Emmets, or 1 Emmet & 3 Kats?

Tsunamo

Here are the shots of the new stage. Full batch of new screens can be found by clicking here!
Looking good! Something about Kats mugshot looks off to me, but she looks fine in-game to me so no worries there, and the new stage is looking great! If Superbot keeps up the DLC characters and new stage combination for awhile I'll be very happy.

Suprised we got a sneakpeak at them, I wasn't expecting one until closer to when the characters were finished/ready to be rolled out.

DigitalOp

Banned
So... with Sony hosting this event, It looks like the DLC is borderline finished...

If that's the case.... How many DLC characters do you think we're gonna receive for this game? Kat and Emmet Included in your count

6. 6 characters and I will bow to Superbot everyday.

Realistically, I see only 4... :(

Mr. Fix

It was smart of them to put Kat next to Sly in that screen. The stage looks interesting.

So... with Sony hosting this event, It looks like the DLC is borderline finished...

If that's the case.... How many DLC characters do you think we're gonna receive for this game? Kat and Emmet Included in your count

Snake, Cloud, Crash or bust.

Carl

Yeah, I mean nothing against your opinion, and can understand where you are coming from. I just personally loved how the graphics ended up looking in the game—either due to the resolution, by choice, or both, it was a style that I found really appealing.

I actually agree. The low res and fuzzy outlines kind of added to the style of the game, IMO.

pantsmith

I'm guessing the basis of their rivalry is that both involve things falling from the sky. Or something.

Their models look great in game (or at least they do in those screenshots), and I'm way more excited about Emmett now that I've gotten sick of 90% of the core game's cast. Hopefully a handful of the regular Kratos/Raiden players move on to them instead.

B.O.O.M

I wonder if that super for Kat has a gravitational property where you get dragged into it if you are close to it. Maybe similar to evil cole lvl 2 in how it works

Tsunamo

I still think they have awhile to go due to them still not having a mugshot for Emmett, and Kat missing one on the second screenshot, but it seems like they're getting there.

As for DLC I'm thinking 4 characters (second batch being Lightning and Ryu), but perhaps another two after them if we're lucky.

naib

I apologize in advance as I'm sure this has been asked a million times. I just can't find the right search string for an answer..

When you go to purchase on the Vita it says you can play on 2 Playstation "devices". Does this include the PS3? That's how it reads to me, but if you have a Vita and PS3 why would anyone pay $60 on the PS3 to get the Vita copy when you can pay $35 on the Vita.

I'm betting I know my answer, just wanted to ask before I pull the trigger.

ZeroAKA

I apologize in advance as I'm sure this has been asked a million times. I just can't find the right search string for an answer..

When you go to purchase on the Vita it says you can play on 2 Playstation "devices". Does this include the PS3? That's how it reads to me, but if you have a Vita and PS3 why would anyone pay $60 on the PS3 to get the Vita copy when you can pay $35 on the Vita.

I'm betting I know my answer, just wanted to ask before I pull the trigger.
You can play the Vita version of PSASBR on up to 2 Vitas with your PSN account. You don't get a PS3 copy.

naib

You can play the Vita version of PSASBR on up to 2 Vitas with your PSN account. You don't get a PS3 copy.
That's what I figured. Thanks for the quick reply.

Guess I'm spending $60 on this. I really only plan on playing on the Vita, but I know some kiddos that will get a kick out of this.
And they're not allowed to touch my Vita. ;)

Ploid 3.0

Sweet Tooth like level 3? :( ST's seem bad, fitting though since warhawk and TM are like brothers.

Heck I don't even use E.Cole's level 3 so it shouldn't matter as long as level 1 or 2 is usable.

Ploid 3.0

Gravity Rush has good stage potential I think.

Fighting upside down will bring back childhood memories of playing too much mario. I started imagining the game as being upside down and got stuck in that imagination. Like the spinning silhouette spinning girl, unable to get her to spin the original way after working hard to see her spinning another way.

Kurod

Banned
I've been playing as Jak and Daxter for a bit. I'm loving how they play but their AP gain is horribad. Level 2 supers seems to be the only way to get kills but experienced players are able to get out of it's admittedly large range fairly often. Trying to save up for level 3 feels almost impossible.

Top Bottom