• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
well got the patch and now says matchmaking servers aren't working.

edit- wtf I can't play at all actually. Stuck on the loading screen right now.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Superbot tweeted they would be down for a couple hours

Did they also tweet that singleplayer will freeze as well?

edit edit- ANOTHER patch is up now... downloaded 1.02 which was 196mb. Game froze when I went to practice sackboy, now it has prompted me to DL 1.03. WTF is superbot doing?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
For everyone a heads up, don't DL the patch unless it says 1.03. I downloaded 1.02 not realizing somehow the broken patch went up for DL again....... I have no idea how they let that happen, but either way I'm getting 1.03, will report back when done.

For everyone a heads up, don't DL the patch unless it says 1.03. I downloaded 1.02 not realizing somehow the broken patch went up for DL again....... I have no idea how they let that happen, but either way I'm getting 1.03, will report back when done.

...Well?

GGs, JStein! You put up a magnificent fight, and your keepaway Drake is infuriating (I mean this in the best possible way)!

I look forward to facing you in the finals of the tournament!

Misterhbk

I'm seriously starting to get pissed off. I still can't get a match without getting that error. I've downloaded the patch twice now. This is fucking ridiculous!

Ryce

There's a magazine interview going around (which I can't link to for obvious reasons) where one of the game's animators says that his favorite stage is "the Gravity Rush level." DLC leak?

Misterhbk

can someone offer ANY reason as to why i'm still not able to play the damn game? sounds like everyone else is back to playing the game, or are you all playing offline?

Just saw the Seth Killian video on the 2 DLC characters. Emmett looks really interesting, cant wait to see more.

I hope online is fixed soon though.

Tagg9

can someone offer ANY reason as to why i'm still not able to play the damn game? sounds like everyone else is back to playing the game, or are you all playing offline?

Nah, I'm still unable to connect and have been this way for most of the day.

GGs, JStein! You put up a magnificent fight, and your keepaway Drake is infuriating (I mean this in the best possible way)!

I look forward to facing you in the finals of the tournament!

Yeah definitely. I forgot how different 1v1 is from the other modes. Hadn't played a 1v1 match in forever.
Now that Sackboy has been nerf'd I'm definitely going to try to keep playing him though. If that's still a viable option which I'm sure it is.

So I just lost my Red Belt in about 6 quick matches:

1st match, my own damn fault. bad play by me
2nd-6th match, hit confirm my level 1, opponent dies. Game rolls back and he kills me with his level 1. Dodge various supers (landed on the opposite side of opponent) and still die. Warp across the map. Gain enough AP for level 1, hit confirm, hit super, super doesnt come out. turns out my super bar lied and rolled back to 75%.

In one instance, a Drake shoots a level 1 on the opposite side of the map. I conveniently warp across the map and directly into his level 1. In another, a Raiden player and I (also Raiden) do SSSS on the ground directly at each other. On my end, I won and hit him with the full SSSS. After the last hit, my Raiden goes flying back as if he had hit me with the combo. I gained 0 AP lol.

What the fuck man. All my games were fine until today. Fuck this net code. This is all on the Vita pre-patch since 1.03 hasn't come for Vita yet.

Anyway, back to raging about how I'm purple 50 now since I lost the red.

GGs, Q. Your spammy Ratchet is very tough to counter, if a bit predictable :p

I need to go now (the netcode dropping us every other match doesn't help), but I hope we can play again later!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
GGs, Q. Your spammy Ratchet is very tough to counter, if a bit predictable :p

I need to go now (the netcode dropping us every other match doesn't help), but I hope we can play again later!

lol it's predictable but it's more of a can't do much about it spamy haha

I missed so many throws throwing the wrong way somehow about 50 times D:

Oshimai

Actually can somebody explain the belts to me real quick while we're at it?

I'm pretty sure the colours of the belts function similar to the colour ranking system in Karate. when you get a belt, there is a number associated to it. this number represents the 'level' or your belt. to get the belts and to raise the rank of your current belt, I THINK you have to win or place 2nd. when the number on your belt reaches 100 you get the next colour rank.

this is all hypothetical and I'd like some clarification as well :3

OmegaZero

I keep losing connection with the matchmaking server.
And the matches I had before I was kicked off were weird, with people teleporting all over the place and a team match that we one just because the other team disconnected at the start.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'm really not trying to be such a whiner about this, but has a company ever screwed up this bad? Seriously the connection issues are significantly worse now.

I'm pretty sure the colours of the belts function similar to the colour ranking system in Karate. when you get a belt, there is a number associated to it. this number represents the 'level' or your belt. to get the belts and to raise the rank of your current belt, I THINK you have to win or place 2nd. when the number on your belt reaches 100 you get the next colour rank.

this is all hypothetical and I'd like some clarification as well :3

Pretty much.

Black > Brown > Red > Purple > Green > Blue > Yellow > White

Each belt can have a BP of 1-99 (except black which has no limit)

After you get 100BP or more in a belt, you move up one colour and start from 50. Similarly, if you go down to 0 BP or less in a belt, you move down one colour and start from 50.

Just got the prompt on Vita in NA, but it's 1.02.

I'm really not trying to be such a whiner about this, but has a company ever screwed up this bad? Seriously the connection issues are significantly worse now.
Yes. See Twisted Metal 2012. First patch fucked things up even more. Lol

Edit: Played a few ranked rounds. There were two host drops but it seems to be working well aside from that.
Edit2: Spawned as Sir Daniel when I selected Heihachi. I guess that bug hasn't been squashed yet. :/

Thoraxes

PS3 prompted me for 1.03 196MB.

Edit: Online is still borked for me. Online randomly skipped 10 seconds the three matches I tried.

Top Bottom