• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Vysetron

Neo Member
Ugh, this patch stuff sounds like a nightmare. I'm just going to avoid it until I hear better things. Sad that we have to wait so long to continue the tournament though!

On the plus side, Emmet looks FANTASTIC. He seems like a weird combination of Drake and Radec, but flashier. I like.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Well... party system is not working for me and my cousin any more. Works for a round then have to rejoin after each game.

The error is gone for me but finding a match takes ages. More problematic is the loading screen after I get a match. Took what seemed like bloody 2-3 minutes to load the first time and the second time I just gave up and turned off my PS3.

I dont know if its problem on my end or not but the first few days I bought this game and played I was able to get into a match in less than 30 seconds.

OmegaZero

The load times definitely seem a bit longer on the Vita. About 30-40 seconds, but nothing too crazy.
There are all these Sackboys I've been playing against that have been complaining about the nerfs. One was even said "I can't spam cake anymore!"
Another claimed that one of his combos was ruined now.

Personally, I prefer buffing weaker characters to nerfing "overpowered" ones.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The load times definitely seem a bit longer on the Vita. About 30-40 seconds, but nothing too crazy.
There are all these Sackboys I've been playing against that have been complaining about the nerfs. One was even said "I can't spam cake anymore!"
Another claimed that one of his combos was ruined now.

Personally, I prefer buffing weaker characters to nerfing "overpowered" ones.

Really though look at the quote you posted... pretty ridiculous. The game simply wasn't meant to be played that way. He has some pretty good combos up close and if done right can still be pretty good.

leroidys

I've had 4 TERRIBLE sack boys on my team tonight (0 kills each), and I couldn't be happier with the losses.

Not happy about the crazy lag though. Died twice in my last game with no super being activated at all on my screen, or anyone charged up. What the fuck.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Love how cocky people are in this game... just ran into 2 users we destroyed in a ranked match. They went out bitching that it was a glitch and lag, so I calmly asked for a rematch to which they responded furiously. We ended up absolutely smoking them in 2v2 winning 7 of the 8 matches. Superbot should add in the option to invite recently played opponents so you don't have to go through the process of friending everyone though.

I've had 4 TERRIBLE sack boys on my team tonight (0 kills each), and I couldn't be happier with the losses.

Not happy about the crazy lag though. Died twice in my last game with no super being activated at all on my screen, or anyone charged up. What the fuck.

This has happened to me several times since the patch actually... wonder what's that about. Anybody experienced the new item yet? Got it in 2 rounds, both times went to us.

Wow, they really did get rid of Ape Escape, Tekken and Toro icons. Or rather they replaced them..I wonder why? I can't complain though, they added Xiaoyu! <3 I'm going to try Sackboy online later to see how I feel. I do intend on sticking with him (and Toro, of course.)

And outta curiosity, what do people have for their background, icon and minion? And why?

I used to use the Raiden Sackboy because it's the coolest of his costumes, but now I use Xiaoyu, my favourite Tekken character.

I used to use the Toro backgrounds with the closeup of some kind of house or mansion at night, and the other one that seems to take place in the morning. Neither of them seem to match up with Xiaoyu that well, so I'm using the first Little Big Planet background with the pink cake background.

As for a minion, Kat is my only option. I don't know many of the other series' minions. As a non-chibi, Kat is pretty hot (even if I have no interest in the new DMC). As a chibi, she's pretty damn cute. All of the others are bleh.

There is a scan floating around where Gravity Rush stage is mentioned as Superbot animators fav stage in a mini interview. Possible leak or mistakenly referencing to the new stage we know?
Fave ASBR level?:
''The Gravity Rush level is looking pretty cool. I don't know what they'll do with it yet, so I'm really curious.''

Leezard

Wow, they really did get rid of Ape Escape, Tekken and Toro icons. Or rather they replaced them..I wonder why?.

For the Ape Escape icons at least, it was probably because the old ones were really low quality, you could see that many of them were upressed and had artifacts.

bakedpony

I have yet to successfully play a match after the patch. The loading screen seems to go on forever.... or it leads to a connection error. Tsktsktsk Superbot.

Edit: Finally worked after about 5 attempts

I didn't get a new patch to download, but I can get past the Bluepoint logo now. More importantly, I can play online again. The loading screen has dragged on forever on a couple of occasions though, which I've never had happen before. At least I can play the game again.

Okay UK user here.

Pre-ordered the game, got the steelbook edition. No codes for the bonus costumes. Where do I get these from?

They were a Game.co.uk exclusive for pre-orders, we'll have to wait until they hit the PS store somewhere down the line.

I also pre-ordered from Amazon.co.uk isntead of GAME, and missed out on the codes. Are there any Game UK employees that have any spare codes they could help us out with?

And outta curiosity, what do people have for their background, icon and minion? And why?

I used to use the Raiden Sackboy because it's the coolest of his costumes, but now I use Xiaoyu, my favourite Tekken character.

I used to use the Toro backgrounds with the closeup of some kind of house or mansion at night, and the other one that seems to take place in the morning. Neither of them seem to match up with Xiaoyu that well, so I'm using the first Little Big Planet background with the pink cake background.

As for a minion, Kat is my only option. I don't know many of the other series' minions. As a non-chibi, Kat is pretty hot (even if I have no interest in the new DMC). As a chibi, she's pretty damn cute. All of the others are bleh.

I'm using Vergil as my icon and Vergil's coat as my background because Vergil is a BAMF (plus, I actually have his coat, so it only seemed appropriate).

My minion is also Kat for pretty much the same reasons as you. Great minds think alike, I suppose!

OmegaZero

I'm using DMC1 Dante as the icon and Sparda as the background.
I also always choose Dino with the red coat.

Why? Because I'm a DMC fan.

No minion for me though. I think most of them look hideous.

EDIT:
Really though look at the quote you posted... pretty ridiculous. The game simply wasn't meant to be played that way. He has some pretty good combos up close and if done right can still be pretty good.

Yeah, it was funny.
If I remember correctly, someone else burst out laughing on his mic for a second after we heard that.

Ran rp

Wow, they really did get rid of Ape Escape, Tekken and Toro icons. Or rather they replaced them..I wonder why? I can't complain though, they added Xiaoyu!

Can they replace Raiden's with other Metal Gear characters too? :lol

Seriously though, anyone.

Yay it's working now! Had to delete and redownload patch. Toros new icons are terrible :(.

Is it the 1.03 patch though? I've played some 2vs2 ranked matches today and it worked fine, after not being able to play online since 1.02 hit. I deleted my game data just now, but it's only redownloading 1.02 again, no sign of 1.03 on my UK account.

Though i didn't have any other problems with 1.02 than not being able to play online, no freezes or getting stuck anywhere in the game.

Tsunamo

Where did the classic Spike Icon go? It's changed to a Pipo with a Blue background, looks like I'm going to have to find a new one to stick with :(

Edit: Just read above, guess they changed a few around then.

leroidys

Been getting some really weird stuff today, one where Dante was frozen with the rocket item, and then kicking my ass invisibly the entire time, another where I just used a lvl 2 super and a lvl 1 came out (I still had the gauge remaining)

Top Bottom