• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

cyborg009

Banned
Anyone wants to do 2 v 2?

going use Sir Dan

The venom flying in that thread... some people O_O.... You would swear the game killed there parents then had sex with the bodies as they forced them to watch.

Eh funny thing I was talking about berserk in dark soul II thread and this kinda happened to the main character...

J-Tier

The venom flying in that thread... some people O_O.... You would swear the game killed there parents then had sex with the bodies as they forced them to watch.

Haha, I'm a bit bogged down by final projects and whatnot, so that thread is a great outlet for some stress.

Yea it's nuts. And yes All-star thread people, there are a lot of problems that we'd all like to fix w/ allstars. But come on, if you are posting in a thread like that (w/ more regular gaf) at least stay positive about the game... we need people to actually play it in order to get it fixed.

It confuses me when I see regulars here bashing it over there...

SSReborn

I think for the sequel I would prefer hitstun deteriation to the AP limit thing and maybe a way to combo break similar to what Blazblue has.

Mikey Jr.

I always consider the first game in a series as the prototype and the sequel being the true game. Happens with a lot of games, so here's to hoping that PSA really does gangbusters with part 2.

Vysetron

Neo Member
So on the UltraChen TV stream tonight, someone on the stream asked "If Drake is this game's Guile and Kratos is this game's Ryu, who's this game's Zangief?" They answered Ratchet and Kat. Seth also said something about Kat being able to grab from multiple directions? Not sure I understood that bit, it was brief.

Tagg9

Anyone else noticed that Ratchet's "grab" suck cannon move is horribly bugged? Once Ratchet gets you in a corner and spits you out against the wall, you can only roll back towards him. For some reason, he is still able to suck you up even though you should be temporarily invincible while rolling.

I had this happen to me in a 2v2 match where a Ratchet literally did it for one minute straight while his idiotic partner just kept taunting right behind him. No matter what I tried, it was impossible to get out of.

Anyone else noticed that Ratchet's "grab" suck cannon move is horribly bugged? Once Ratchet gets you in a corner and spits you out against the wall, you can only roll back towards him. For some reason, he is still able to suck you up even though you should be temporarily invincible while rolling.

I had this happen to me in a 2v2 match where a Ratchet literally did it for one minute straight while his idiotic partner just kept taunting right behind him. No matter what I tried, it was impossible to get out of.

Hold L1 to stay there and wait out the grab then jump away?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Grabs counter rolls, you can do this with any character, it's just brain dead easy to do with ratchet cause the active frames on it are long as hell

Drencrom

Fucking 5 second ragequitting server hosters.

Fuck.

They should add some belt point reward to the team if the other one ragequits in 2v2.

Anyway, the belt system is harsh as hell. Playing 2v2 ranked is a chore because of the minimum reward and the high risk. Gain 2-4 belt points for every victory and lose around 6-10 belt points for every defeat. Probably because me and Leezard only matchmake with players with belts lower than us but they should definitely lower the belt reduction because it just feels unfair that you gain so little and lose so much.

Also; where are my belt titles from the former season, Omar?

They should add some belt point reward to the team if the other one ragequits in 2v2.

Anyway, the the belt system is harsh as hell. Playing 2v2 ranked is chore because of the minimum reward and the high risk. Gain 2-4 belt points for every victory and lose around 6-10 belt points for every defeat. Probably because me and Leezard only matchmake with players with belts lower than us but they should definitely lower the belt reduction because it's just feels unfair that you gain so little and lose so much.

Stay tuna.

Sora_N

Any tips for the Double Kill 2v2 trophy or the FFA Triple Kill trophy?

I managed to get This is Living last night just by being cheap with Raiden (I really really wanted to get that trophy out of the way and also got lucky lol). I'm not that great at triples though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Any tips for the Double Kill 2v2 trophy or the FFA Triple Kill trophy?

I managed to get This is Living last night just by being cheap with Raiden (I really really wanted to get that trophy out of the way and also got lucky lol). I'm not that great at triples though.

Pick parappa and do his level 3

Gadirok

What's the verdict on Sly? He's my main and I love him but do people think he's OP?

Not OP but completely dirty way of playing. Him and sackboys way of play is completely different from everyone else and it gets frustrating.

I haven't met a sly as frustrating as the All-star AI one though, so it means sly players probably need to look at the AI for lessons (joke).

I don't know how I managed to finish off sly on my first try as nate on all-star difficulty, but I tried it again at the playstation lounge in downtown toronto and got my ass whooped. But that might be because I prefer the vita and can actually see his shadow on the vita more than the Sony TV there.

Anyways, people will begin to complain about sly once they are finished with sackboy, kratos, and raiden. I have yet to see sackboy in action after the nerf (haven't played since a day before the patch aired), but it seems to be reasonable?

J-Tier

What's the verdict on Sly? He's my main and I love him but do people think he's OP?

Yeah, he's not OP, by scumbag, I and others mean dirty tactics. That's what he's basically meant for with the tools he's given. Particularly camping in invisibility mode, waiting for everyone to bunch up so you could use your level one. That tactic dominated the early beta so that where the nickname came from.

Grinchy

Banned
I know I'm still not great at the game yet, but from my experience with Sackboy so far, it seems kinda hard to generate AP. If I'm not using the projectile spam plan, his combos seem kinda hard to set up consistently.

Funny enough, the 2nd player I just started trying to use is Sly. I didn't realize I picked the 2 weird ones immediately :(

Not OP but completely dirty way of playing. Him and sackboys way of play is completely different from everyone else and it gets frustrating.

I haven't met a sly as frustrating as the All-star AI one though, so it means sly players probably need to look at the AI for lessons (joke).

I don't know how I managed to finish off sly on my first try as nate on all-star difficulty, but I tried it again at the playstation lounge in downtown toronto and got my ass whooped. But that might be because I prefer the vita and can actually see his shadow on the vita more than the Sony TV there.

Anyways, people will begin to complain about sly once they are finished with sackboy, kratos, and raiden. I have yet to see sackboy in action after the nerf (haven't played since a day before the patch aired), but it seems to be reasonable?

I play as Sly and totally avoid those tactics, you can play with Sly and not be invisible most of the time. At least I feel it fits with the character.

leroidys

HOW DO YOU WIN AS TORO?

I want to be decent with him but he seems to me the worst character in the game bar none. Bad supers, bad AP gain, bad moves, tricky combos.

Remember that game mode I suggested? King of the Ring? Like Oddball from Halo, but with supers?

Clockwork finally messaged me back about it (after I PMd the suggestion) and he said he'd pass it to the team. Doubt it will happen considering all else they are working on, but at least they have it in their head for a sequel, I hope :p

HOW DO YOU WIN AS TORO?

I want to be decent with him but he seems to me the worst character in the game bar none. Bad supers, bad AP gain, bad moves, tricky combos.

what? I win MOST of my matches with toro. You need to be using Oni and er i forgot the name of the other but ninja stance. Ninja stance is good for people with god tier reach like Kratos or radec, oni is good for damn near everything. Justice is hard admittedly but here's a free 60 AP combo i found out - Square, Triangle, D+Tri, U+Tri.

Also stick to his lvl 2 pretty much most of the time. Bam winning with toro 101

leroidys

what? I win MOST of my matches with toro. You need to be using Oni and er i forgot the name of the other but ninja stance. Ninja stance is good for people with god tier reach like Kratos or radec, oni is good for damn near everything. Justice is hard admittedly but here's a free 60 AP combo i found out - Square, Triangle, D+Tri, U+Tri.

Also stick to his lvl 2 pretty much most of the time. Bam winning with toro 101

Justice seems to have the best AP gain and clearance though.

I think it's just hard because if you'e playing against someone decent that can mix up their attack patterns, you don't have time to switch into different fighting styles to react.

I've been kicking ass as parappa lately though. OK AP gain, good combos, OK range, GODLY level 2 super.

J-Tier

Remember that game mode I suggested? King of the Ring? Like Oddball from Halo, but with supers?

Clockwork finally messaged me back about it (after I PMd the suggestion) and he said he'd pass it to the team. Doubt it will happen considering all else they are working on, but at least they have it in their head for a sequel, I hope :p

DLC Mode would be awesome. Pls Superbot.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
DLC Mode would be awesome. Pls Superbot.

Well, I hope that they would do two or four more dlc characters then they should start to working on the sequel, because they need to redeem themselves and game itself before Sony is going to axe them. I hate to see Seth Killian quitted Capcom for nothing.

Ryce

Well, I hope that they would do two or four more dlc characters then they should start to working on the sequel, because they need to redeem themselves and game itself before Sony is going to axe them. I hate to see Seth Killian quitted Capcom for nothing.
Seth works for Sony Santa Monica, not SuperBot.

Thoraxes

Anyway, the the belt system is harsh as hell. Playing 2v2 ranked is chore because of the minimum reward and the high risk. Gain 2-4 belt points for every victory and lose around 6-10 belt points for every defeat. Probably because me and Leezard only matchmake with players with belts lower than us but they should definitely lower the belt reduction because it's just feels unfair that you gain so little and lose so much.

Exactly.

And I feel really horrible when I have a good match where I go like, 6-1 and then someone disconnects. I lose all of that.

Then I queue up again and it's me and 3 Kratos and I want to kill myself, so I just stop playing.

LTWood12

Anyone willing to help me out w/ the friendly competition trophy? None of my friends are playing at the moment. Send me a friend request. My PSN is LTWood12

Thanks!

SmithnCo

wtf, Raiden is broken. What's with this shit where he gets you against a wall, throws, attacks, throws, attacks, over and over. Not to mention the startup on his level 1.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
wtf, Raiden is broken. What's with this shit where he gets you against a wall, throws, attacks, throws, attacks, over and over. Not to mention the startup on his level 1.

His level 1 start up is kinda slow actually, not ratchet slow, but still not that fast.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I guess E. Cole's 2 startup blows then, because he popped his 1 after I popped my 2 and he got the kill. Hardly know why you'd want to use his 2, let alone the 3.

E.Coles level 2 is only decent in team fights or if you are in ffa just roll in a group of people and pop it

SmithnCo

E.Coles level 2 is only decent in team fights or if you are in ffa just roll in a group of people and pop it

The range is pretty bad for a 2 and Raiden's totally outclasses it, usually using 2 level 1s instead is the better option.

Could be good on small stages.

Haha! Thanks for finally saving me from that! I aint even mad, but I wanted to ragequit just to rub it in his face. I decided not to as it was 2v2, and it'd be up to you to save me. But man, dude took away nearly all my AP. I could NOT get out of it.

Top Bottom