• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

SmithnCo

What do you mean by stunned? Can't you get hit by anything at all if you're stunned?

Probably means the crumple off his charged punch. Just be very wary of it.

Haha! Thanks for finally saving me from that! I aint even mad, but I wanted to ragequit just to rub it in his face. I decided not to as it was 2v2, and it'd be up to you to save me. But man, dude took away nearly all my AP. I could NOT get out of it.

Good games lol. Yeah, that Raiden was weird, I've never seen that before so I didn't know how to effectively escape either.

leroidys

What do you mean by stunned? Can't you get hit by anything at all if you're stunned?

I think you're talking about combos... yes, those exist. Combos are meant to be like that.

HURRRRR

Probably means the crumple off his charged punch. Just be very wary of it.

Good games lol. Yeah, that Raiden was weird, I've never seen that before so I didn't know how to effectively escape either.

This. Pretty long range, high priority hit confirm.

pantsmith

Two questions:

1) How do I avoid the Drake reverse-fire assault rifle spam (where hes running away into a wall and you get stuck in the line of fire)? i got trapped in it twice tonight and just couldn't get out of it.

2) With Spike, does anyone know what his super flow should be? I can build bar fairly well, but his level 1 is hard to place, his 2 is frustrating, and his 3 seems like he was built around it. Just wondering if I should stick with one more than the others.

edit: OH- should I be using banana peels? the stun is really hit or miss for me (a good player will almost always dodge out of it) and the punching glove requires a little too much work/luck to count on getting a full charge AND hit confirm.

Two questions:

1) How do I avoid the Drake reverse-fire assault rifle spam (where hes running away into a wall and you get stuck in the line of fire)? i got trapped in it twice tonight and just couldn't get out of it.

2) With Spike, does anyone know what his super flow should be? I can build bar fairly well, but his level 1 is hard to place, his 2 is frustrating, and his 3 seems like he was built around it. Just wondering if I should stick with one more than the others.

edit: OH- should I be using banana peels? the stun is really hit or miss for me (a good player will almost always dodge out of it) and the punching glove requires a little too much work/luck to count on getting a full charge AND hit confirm.

1) the "infinite"? Don't get hit the first time. The setup requires a certain spacing so keep note that when you are in said spaces that drakes will go for it whenever possible.

Don't know the rest since I don't play spike or follow this game that hard.

pantsmith

1) the "infinite"? Don't get hit the first time. The setup requires a certain spacing so keep note that when you are in said spaces that drakes will go for it whenever possible.

Yikes, okay. Was trying to get in for a grab and only made things worse by getting caught in it. Thanks for the info!

whitehawk

Banned
Anyone encounter the wrong character glitch? It's happened a few times where the game gives me a different character than the one I selected.

SmithnCo

If it says it found opponents, then goes back to searching, it seems to increase the chance of the character switch glitch. So you might want to back out and search again.

Sora_N

Got the Triple Kill (in match-made) game trophy, I used Ratchet! thanks guys! I'm missing the 2v2 double kill one only now for the 'tougher' ones.

leroidys

http://www.dualshockers.com/2012/12...kkill-looking-to-balance-drake-raiden-kratos/

Looking to balance Raiden, Kratos and Drake.

There goes my Drake..

These 3 are the obvious top tier right now to me, I'm glad they're looking at it.

It beats all sackboy spam, but I'm getting pretty damn tired of drake spam and raiden infinite button mash to super.

Kratos only really annoys me in his AP gain, though maybe his reach is a little bit ridiculous also. I've yet to run into more than a couple good kratos players, while I get my ass kicked by drake and raiden just about constantly the past couple days.

EDIT: Spoke too soon, just got my ass handed to me two turns in a row by a decent Kratos. Any tips on how to approach him as Parappa? Every attack he has it seems has faster startup, higher priority, longer range, and higher ap gain. Come to think of it, even if I'm playing a mediocre Kratos they almost always end up with a lvl 3 (which always gets at least 3 kills) Fuck.

Sora_N

What's so cheap about Drake? I didn't know he was that good but last night this guy kept beating the crap out of me. I didn't put much effort in my matches last night tho, I was mainly trying to get the last few online trophies.

Mik_Pad

Banned
I know this is off topic but I thought some of you may care, there is a thread about GoW Ascension beta where anyone can get the beta you just have to follow the instructions in the OP:

http://neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=503919&page=1

The link may not work because I'm on mobile but maybe someone can help me with it.

(I didn't know betas and demos aren't affected by the 2 accounts DRM)

OmegaZero

What's so cheap about Drake? I didn't know he was that good but last night this guy kept beating the crap out of me. I didn't put much effort in my matches last night tho, I was mainly trying to get the last few online trophies.

Well, he has a AK-47 "loop" and his barrel is an amazing space controller.
I don't really think he's unbalanced though.

mauaus

It just a little annoying combo that, above anything else, takes a decade to actually finish if caught in it.
It doesnt really help you win though :p

the only ak combo i know is barrel ak running towards the enemy and then melee attack, is that it? doesnt take too long though

mauaus

Is it running AK (toward wall), barrier AK, repeat? That gets you caught in a loop.

yeah that sounds cheap, not my style... I hate that like the people that camp using pre nerfed sackboy with the electricity pad and throwing cupcakes with the fan...

Spinluck

No Ratchet nerfs? I'm ok with this :lol

That's because most Ratchets online suck ass, with a few exceptions of course. Most of them just spam forward triangle. But of course some of them get that noob luck with his level 1. There are Kratos', Drakes, Raiden, and Sly's that suck. But you can get away with being shitty with those characters in free for all or in good enough lag. I have seen some of the worst timing with Ratchet's level 1. I should've made Youtube videos of people disgracing his level by using it at terribad times, lol.

Well, he has a AK-47 "loop" and his barrel is an amazing space controller.
I don't really think he's unbalanced though.

He's definitely one of the better character, and among the most used. And I doubt it has anything to do with how much he's liked, more like it's easier to gain AP with him, and his square base melee attacks have ridiculous spam potential. Barrel and AK spam is pretty ridic too. Glad his ass is getting some kind of nerf.

I wonder if people will start griefing by running away a lot in a 1v1 match. I wonder how prominent of an issue that will be.

Surprised they are touching Drake, but I wouldn't mind a nerf for his barrel and neutral triangle, I suppose. Deadly 1v1 character, probably more so than Raiden because he doesnt need to get in range, and he has a really good basic combo that anyone can learn. Very fun, and very creative moveset, I just hope they dont neuter him like Sackboy

I didnt even care for Drake when I got this game, but his moves were just too much fun. Neutral air triangle all day

He's definitely one of the better character, and among the most used. And I doubt it has anything to do with how much he's liked, more like it's easier to gain AP with him, and his square base melee attacks have ridiculous spam potential. Barrel and AK spam is pretty ridic too. Glad his ass is getting some kind of nerf.

What? Uncharted is one of the most popular Playstation series this gen...seeing as how the top 3 characters online also have popular series, I'd say a good amount of people are using them because they like them.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The only thing sly & sweet need nerfed is for their lvl 1s to be interuptable like everyone else.

Drake is getting nerfed because he is currently the safest character in the game. *fatty is second but no one uses her LOL*

If you use drake you should pretty much never get hit almost ever outside random range attackers slipping by

OmegaZero

what do you mean by ak47 loop?

Yeah, SmithnCo described it.
Basically, Drake runs against a wall firing into someone, and cancels into his barrier then cancels back into running AK, repeat until they get out.

The only thing sly & sweet need nerfed is for their lvl 1s to be interuptable like everyone else.

With Sly, I'm having trouble dealing with his electric dash attacks.
Is there any way of punishing them?

J-Tier

Drake is getting nerfed because he is currently the safest character in the game. *fatty is second but no one uses her LOL*

If you use drake you should pretty much never get hit almost ever outside random range attackers slipping by

Yeah, it's pretty unappealing to a lot of people to play as an obese character of any gender. Regardless, I quite like using her.

Chikawn!

Though Ratchet is still my fave.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yeah, it's pretty unappealing to a lot of people to play as an obese character of any gender. Regardless, I quite like using her.

Chikawn!

Though Ratchet is still my fave.

They are both top 5 characters :D I think Ratchet is best support though.

Buzz Blades are fast as fuck and interupt and beat out everything save for level 2 supers and Aim-able sniper shot that staggers on hit with a 0.5 second down time is wayyyy to usefull.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I think it's his electric slide and his electric roll attacks. Forward Triangle and Circle IIRC.

I use Dante and Heihachi.

I use neither but I'll go figure something out for them in a bit let me get a drink xD

On a side note anyone that didn't really like this and wanted a more powerstonish type game check out god of war ascension.

Top Bottom