• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Need some more GAF buddies on PSN
Feel free to add me: jsnake22 just tell me who you are on gaf
I'm frustrated I still haven't really settled on a main :/ also I haven't played with him enough recently to see, but I hear the Sackboy nerfs were too harsh

Leezard

So I just encountered the most hilarious bug. Big Daddy used his lvl 3 and I just swam to the ceiling. After his super, I could fly in the air. I could attack with air attacks and ground attacks, but I could not use any supers. It seemed like I could not be killed, either, but I only took a Big Daddy lvl 1 in the air to the face so I'm not sure depending on when Big Daddy's lvl 1 can kill.

tusken77

Very, very cool Superbot and Sn00zer.

Speaking of cool stuff, anyone else here watch levelup's Wednesday Night Fights on Twitch? Definitely worth watching. Each week you get at least 90 minutes of All-Stars tournament play and some very entertaining commentary to go with it.

Not at all haha gotta play the thing for a few days
GrpN3.jpg

That is goddam awesome Snoozer! That is always the best feeling ever, makes you feel like a kid again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlsMF701Sc8

Pffffttt hahaha. I love this game but the online is a total crapshoot. Sometimes it's flawless and other times stuff like this happens.

Yea it feels like it is either perfect or totally a mess. I don't mind it's usually 90% perfect for me, w/ the ocassional douche-bag quitters.

I don't get the quitting thing... I was doing 2v2 and the other team was winning. When all the sudden he stops and just quits out, because I was dodging radecs shots a lot. Isn't it just worth the extra points to just finish it up?

SmithnCo

I don't get the quitting thing... I was doing 2v2 and the other team was winning. When all the sudden he stops and just quits out, because I was dodging radecs shots a lot. Isn't it just worth the extra points to just finish it up?

lol, people are sometimes salty as hell. Sometimes they'll quit when they notce you and have lost to you before. That's why I wish there was a bigger penalty for quitting constantly.

I am on the fence with this game. I have been looking at reviews after seeing it for 20 dollars on Gamestop (which includes vita download). I love Smash Bros but it seemed like the reviews had some gripes with certain stuff (like it being a race for the super moves or unbalanced). So what do you guys say? I wont be playing this in the presence of 4 people thats for sure.

Skyzard

Banned
storafötter;45432863 said:
I am on the fence with this game. I have been looking at reviews after seeing it for 20 dollars on Gamestop (which includes vita download). I love Smash Bros but it seemed like the reviews had some gripes with certain stuff (like it being a race for the super moves or unbalanced). So what do you guys say? I wont be playing this in the presence of 4 people thats for sure.

$20?? No brainer (especially with an included vita code)

Game is great fun. They seem to be tweaking the characters in updates for balance still.

SmithnCo

storafötter;45432863 said:

20 bucks for both versions is great. The super system takes some getting used to but it's not inherently unbalanced. It's balanced fairly well and they will be doing patches too.

How is this $20 at Gamestop for both versions? I thought only the Vita version was on sale for $20 and I just checked their web site and the PS3 version is $59 which includes both versions but the Vita version is just that, the Vita version only.

wilflare

$20?? No brainer (especially with an included vita code)

Game is great fun. They seem to be tweaking the characters in updates for balance still.

hmm if i'm not wrong. Gamestop made a mistake with that one. After you add it to cart, it's actually the vita version..

you can try your luck price-matching elsewhere though

Somehow it feels like online is even worse than it was originally. =/ We got hit with the "nobody in the room" one at least five times.

And for anyone who uses Sackboy, are you having a harder time getting his Gripple Grapple to connect after a Slap Happy combo? They didn't mess with the timing, did they?

Sora_N

Somehow it feels like online is even worse than it was originally. =/ We got hit with the "nobody in the room" one at least five times.

And for anyone who uses Sackboy, are you having a harder time getting his Gripple Grapple to connect after a Slap Happy combo? They didn't mess with the timing, did they?

I thought people got disconnected or something, 3-4 times I loaded a FFA game with 4 people, after the stage loads there's only 3 of us total. Weird.

How is this $20 at Gamestop for both versions? I thought only the Vita version was on sale for $20 and I just checked their web site and the PS3 version is $59 which includes both versions but the Vita version is just that, the Vita version only.

I was wrong. I thought that I saw that for 2 days ago it was for only 20 dollars (the ps3 version). I guess my eyes was messing with me.

J-Tier

storafötter;45436025 said:
I was wrong. I swear though that I saw 2 days ago it was for only 20 dollars (the ps3 version) but not anymore.

Fooled me for a sec too, the image was for the PS3 version, yet the deal was for the vita. Bad miss.

Ran rp

So wow....just wow....

So Some of you may remember the post I made in this thread a while back talking about my history with PlayStation.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44396274&postcount=397

So a few days ago I got a PM from none other than Cl0ckwork

Was a little hesitant at first but hey why not. Figured one or two people saw it and that was cool enough. So some email exchanges were placed between me and one of the guys at SuperBot. They said they wanted to send me something, a tshirt and some smaller stuff. Ah cool, so the package arrived in the mail today....I got a tshirt and this was the "smaller" stuff

I also got a very nice letter from them saying how much they appreciated making a game like this for the fans and that they couldnt send me a PS3 and HDTV...so they sent the next best thing. So Thanks Super Bot....wow... just wow...

NOW I ACTUALLY GET TO PLAY THIS GAME!!!!!!!!

Congrats!

SmithnCo

I love this E. Cole combo:

down square (from ground or short hop) -> charged circle -> side square, square, square (launcher) -> side square -> side triangle -> jump into up circle

Gives him the max AP.

daoster

Why do I suck so much at this game, but I play it so much? I love playing as Drake...usually I suck, but there are times when I am on FIYA and kill everybody.

I'm the only Big Daddy online I swear.
I keep running into the same Dante's, Raiden's, Sackboy's and PaRappa's and they do the same bullshit. :(

PaRappa is like, Vanilla SF4 Ken, dose priorities

OmegaZero

I rarely see Radecs, Big Daddys or Sackboys.
Mostly Kratos, Raiden, and the Coles now.

Also, fuck Rachet's down throw. Is there any way to avoid getting sucked in and spat out over and over?

Ploid 3.0

Any tips for getting kills with Fatty P? I noticed her air Forward + O can stun the enemy long enough to use level 1 if it's done low and close enough. Level 1 seem slower and less effective than Sly's. Also Level 2 seem to be a bit bulky. I would save to level 2 more but it seem easy to keep away from it since it can only attack in horizontal apparently. I'm still new to her.

I mainly play in 1v1, just found this video that show some interesting stuff. I can probably use that fireball setup for Fat Princess when it catch the guy off guard, but having to be right on him it will probably never happen. Options though.
http://youtu.be/NHIM6T3aKDc

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I was just thinking about how little I played this in the end. I never even completed one of the character's arcade mode yet because they put sooo many really boring battles in between each of the not entirely great cutscenes, which makes playing through each of them feel like such a waste of time. A couple less battles in between cutscenes would have helped tons.

My friends ended up not really into it as much as I hoped, the ranked mode isn't quite set up in the way i'd want, and the unranked stuff can only go so far. However that article about the next patch might get me back in the game. I am super pumped about the aspect of 1v1 ranked. Even if that mode is unbalanced as can be, at least I can feel like I'm in control of coming up with plans for overcoming it, instead of the FFA problem of being out matched in ap gain with absolutely no option to match pace.

But playing any more timed matches of any type is about the last thing I want to do. Having to worry about the clock element is not fun, it's annoying. And it takes a lot of the comeback element out of the game. If it ends up being timed stock, I hope the timer is long enough that only the most turtlely of games hits it.

Also no one using Fat Princess shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone, but that just goes back to asking what the hell was marketing thinking, by putting her as one of the 6 main faces of the game. If they wanted to round out the main 6 with a niche character it seems like Sir Dan would have been a much better choice, even if I think FP is 100 times better than Sir Dan personally.

Ploid 3.0

I don't think I played through Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3's arcade mode one time. I think it's my most played PS3 game however. I think I played PSAS a ton since it was released.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think I played through Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3's arcade mode one time. I think it's my most played PS3 game however. I think I played PSAS a ton since it was released.

I actually did play through Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3's arcade mode a good amount, despite there basically being no story worth speaking of at all, because the combo system and great presentation are fun no matter who you're playing with. I guess presentation ends up mattering a lot more when playing against cpus, where you aren't as interested in playing super seriously and winning or losing doesn't matter as much.

Of course I can also point out plenty of other fighting games with amazing single player modes than either MvC3 or PSAS, but its easy to make any middling game look great or bad by picking and choosing what parts of other games you want to compare it to.

That reminds me that I never really played much of the challenge mode, pretty much for the same reason of CPU matches + bad presentation equals a really boring time. Has that mode been grabbing anyone else? Or is pretty much everyone solely playing multiplayer?

Spinluck

What? Uncharted is one of the most popular Playstation series this gen...seeing as how the top 3 characters online also have popular series, I'd say a good amount of people are using them because they like them.

I'm betting all those Raiden users love him and it has nothing to do with his kill potential, and each of those Sackboys are huge LBP fans.. yea.. I'm sure his popularity had to do with it to an extent. But if he sucked I bet he wouldn't be used much. Jak is a well known PS character who isn't used much online due to not being easy to use.

Ploid 3.0

I actually did play through Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3's arcade mode a good amount, despite there basically being no story worth speaking of at all, because the combo system and great presentation are fun no matter who you're playing with. I guess presentation ends up mattering a lot more when playing against cpus, where you aren't as interested in playing super seriously and winning or losing doesn't matter as much.

Of course I can also point out plenty of other fighting games with amazing single player modes than either MvC3 or PSAS, but its easy to make any middling game look great or bad by picking and choosing what parts of other games you want to compare it to.

That reminds me that I never really played much of the challenge mode, pretty much for the same reason of CPU matches + bad presentation equals a really boring time. Has that mode been grabbing anyone else? Or is pretty much everyone solely playing multiplayer?

MK seem to always have a awesome single player, the latest one especially. From normal mountain climbing found in the early games, to adventures of the latest. I wish all games followed that, focus on fighting system AND single player goodness. World Tour from Street Fighter Alpha 3 for example.. /drool.

---------
I think I give up on Princess Cake, I like her abilities, but those supers just piss me off.

The Lamp

I have been playing 4 player local with friends for 2 days now. This game is sick. Now that I'm used to it it is so addictive. I practically convinced all my friends to buy the game. You're welcome Super Bot :)

I would pay crazy money for Crash and Spyro DLC... All of my friends asked about those two characters...

CatPee

Hmmm, is 1.02 for Vita borked still (or was it ever)? Haven't updated it since I read all the woes about the patch breaking the game.

Top Bottom