• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

"—Kratos/PaRappa/Jak etc. are overpowered. Can you please nerf them?

Balance is hugely important to us, and we have spent a great deal of our development time balancing the gameplay between all of the characters. However, we also believe it’s important to give players enough time to explore the game and find their own counters to seemingly dominant strategies. Releasing balance patches too quickly can stifle that creativity, so we’re taking a more steady, patient approach when it comes to character tuning.

We shall continue to gather telemetry data from the millions of online matches being played. If any of the characters are shown to be greatly overpowered, it will be readily apparent, and we will make adjustments as needed."

Kratos/PaRappa/Jak etc. are overpowered
Kratos/Jak etc. are overpowered
Jak etc. are overpowered
Jak
Jak

SB FAQ

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Jak is terrible in this game. He needs a buff.

No way not at all. Best players I've played in the game so far were Jaks. He's really difficult to counter.

Also Parappa doesn't need a nerf at all, if anything he deserves a buff. His level 2 is amazing don't get me wrong, but his level 1 is awful, and he has 0 hit confirms worth while.

IMO a lot of the characters need a nerf on their window for hit confirms, some characters get it so incredibly easy. At the very least, raiden needs to have some of his hit confirms removed, he just has so many.

Tsunamo

Hmmm, is 1.02 for Vita borked still (or was it ever)? Haven't updated it since I read all the woes about the patch breaking the game.
I don't think it ever was on the Vita. I've been on it for a few days, everything's been working fine and I haven't been prompted to download 1.03 on the Vita so I think you're good to go.
Nice find! Kat and Emmett look like they're going to be really fun to play as.

How do you set up Jak's supers? Do you play 1v1?

I mostly use his lvl 1, I only go for his lvl 2 (or 3) when I got AP too quick and didn't have a good chance for a lvl 1. So far as I know, there are no sure kill set-ups, but I just try to bait my opponent into jumping at me (e.g. by shooting the rifle) or dodge their attacks and counter with lvl 1. The least hit will cancel the super though, so it's very situational. Btw, I mostly play 2 vs 2 with my brother (he plays with radec and can stun the opponent with his machine gun, so I can hit my super) or 1 vs 1. In timed FFA, it's difficult to win with Jak because others are just better in AP gain and/or have better supers.

SSReborn

So I got a PSN Message from "Playstation CA(nada)" with a voucher for the Vita costumes for PASBR did anyone else get this? I guess this is how they are dealing with the Vita preorder costume problem.

It might be a long way off, or not even exist, but that job listing got me thinking about how the sequel might play.

If there is a sequel, do you want SuperBot to polish the fighting mechanics and the presentation aspects (basically a SSB --> SSBM type evolution), or do you want a totally different type of game?

I'm leaning toward the latter. I think the game would have been so much better with an isometric, Ninja Gaiden-style fighting system. A hybrid between that and a Power Stone-esque power-up/supers system would have been soooo good.

witness

Finally got the game today! Been playing it the past couple of hours and I love it. Been playing mostly Drake and got him to level 25. I enjoyed the arcade mode with him for what it was.

I don't have any psn friends, so add me! I do not have a mic though FYI. PSN: witness_0783

Vysetron

Neo Member
Emmet's level 2 worries me. It looks so slow and air-dodgeable. I heard his supers change depending on what drop he's holding, but maybe that's just for level 1? Not sure.

Gadirok

Sweet, I just checked and got the vita costumes. Thanks for the headsup ssreborn!

Only thing is, for people without ps3s there might be a problem since I only got the message through the ps3 inbox and not the vita.

TheMink

Damn i really want to play as kat, i hate how cliche that is lol.

What is her freaking lvl 1?!?!?!? Has anyone seen a glimpse of it?

And is that drop thing emmetts lvl 1 or 2? I didnt notice his bar. Ill watch again real quick.
Its gotta be a 2...

EDIT: yup the two, so his lvl 1 will change based on the weapon hes using apperently could be really cool.

Double edit: wait that spike move is her lvl 1? Maybe colin mispoke, that cant be right, i mean right?

Tripple edit: crap im so confused, i swear im seeing kat and emmett use 2 bars to pull off those supers, yet colin said that both if those are lvl 1s......

Binabik15

So, is there no demo for this or am I too unused to the new PS Store (logged in yesterday for the first time)?

This sounds fun, but I don't like blind buys for new franchises.

Gadirok

It seems like the drop pod is emmets level 2 and his level 1 is the rocket launcher, although I could be mistaken.

I hope they change the appearance of the droppod to resemble the one from starhawk more. As a fan of starhawk, it looks quite different. But its too dark to tell.

Too bad we didnt get to see his level 3.

Kat looks like a mix of parappa and raiden/kratos, but works better in air. I can imagine raging if a skilled player used that against me. Those combo locks were too cruel.

Lol, fingers crossed that they reveal 2 more characters to release alongside Kat and Graves. Online is going to be nothing but Kat and Graves the first week

So, cross-post, but what's going down with Scrafty Cup? I haven't heard anything about it for a bit now.

I guess I'd better just bite the bullet and address this.

Some of the people in the tournament (myself included) have been experiencing massive amounts lf lag, disconnects and server errors even after the patch dropped. I would like to get this tournament done before everyone goes off on their holidays, but if the online issues are making me wary of restarting it for fear of it ruining matches.

So, I've decided to leave it to you guys. Do you want to restart the tournament this Monday, or should I wait until SuperBot fixes their stuff?

SykoTech

So, is there no demo for this or am I too unused to the new PS Store (logged in yesterday for the first time)?

This sounds fun, but I don't like blind buys for new franchises.

No demo, at least not yet.

Could be one later. It took them awhile to finally put up a demo for LBPKarting as well.

Sry guys I needed to leave for sauna. Got 2v2 black belt with toxic (whos gaf nick escapes me :d) but just as expected the second that happens the game starts to throw way more skilled players.

pantsmith

Forgive me if this was mentioned already, but did you notice Kat picks up items (crates, chairs, etc) to launch as one of her attacks? So cool!

So goddamn sick of Kratos in 2v2 and FFA. Gimme dat nerf patch.

i-know-that-feel-bro.jpg

^ We beat 999 Raiden and 999 Kratos, it felt good

Also, can someone photoshop a santa hat on a pic of mine? PM me if you know how please?

Nakiro

Kratos isn't too much of a problem in 2v2 if the player isn't all that good, but a good Kratos is just brutal because he has so many advantages over other characters.

Yeah that was awesome, mostly due to you, I could barely use the random Raiden it gave me. lol

Popped the Super 1 right as the Raiden went into super 2, that was just damn awesome. I love our dual teabagging. The trashing is great, this game should come with a heart risk warning.

SmithnCo

Kratos is just a really annoying secondary character, in 2v2 or FFA when you are comboing a guy Kratos comes in with his chain grab spam all over the place, and gets mad AP while doing it. I would definitely tweak his AP values and maybe the chain priority.

Meier

I have little to no interest in this but I see the Vita version on sale on eBay for only $29.99 with 3 months of PS Plus. I checked Amazon and it's only $20 on there.. does every copy come with 3 months of PS Plus? If I can get it for essentially $2 or so, I'm willing to give it a shot..

Noi

Damn i really want to play as kat, i hate how cliche that is lol.

What is her freaking lvl 1?!?!?!? Has anyone seen a glimpse of it?

And is that drop thing emmetts lvl 1 or 2? I didnt notice his bar. Ill watch again real quick.
Its gotta be a 2...

EDIT: yup the two, so his lvl 1 will change based on the weapon hes using apperently could be really cool.

Double edit: wait that spike move is her lvl 1? Maybe colin mispoke, that cant be right, i mean right?

Tripple edit: crap im so confused, i swear im seeing kat and emmett use 2 bars to pull off those supers, yet colin said that both if those are lvl 1s......

I thought Kat's level 1 was the barrel toss? The gravity spikes are definitely her level 2.

Vysetron

Neo Member
I guess I'd better just bite the bullet and address this.

Some of the people in the tournament (myself included) have been experiencing massive amounts lf lag, disconnects and server errors even after the patch dropped. I would like to get this tournament done before everyone goes off on their holidays, but if the online issues are making me wary of restarting it for fear of it ruining matches.

So, I've decided to leave it to you guys. Do you want to restart the tournament this Monday, or should I wait until SuperBot fixes their stuff?

I don't really see a point in restarting completely. I'd say just wait until things look more favorable. It shouldn't be that long, and the netcode tends to work correctly anyway.

.la1n

Kat looks fun to play as, fingers crossed the girlfriend picks this one up for me as my Christmas present. I really enjoyed the beta but have not had the opportunity to purchase it yet.

sn00zer

Finally got the hang of this game....picking up Sir Dan because of his easy combos..man 2v2 is so much more fun than FFA....partner got kicked out early had to go against 2 guys with 4 lives between em' got really close by took them both out....1v1 is so much fun...you can be far ahead then totally whiff an easy kill and youre right back on the bottom again...nice

Also have had 3 matches of the 10 I played that crashed or had other problems, like changing my character or having one player disappear

EDIT: Although game had a prety bad first impression...way too much all at once...wouldve liked an unlock system so I could only pick from a limited number of characters to start with

Top Bottom