• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation France tweets: Minecraft PS4 digital release is coming tomorrow

ChrisD

Not to mention NO VITA BUNDLE. Man, Sony missed a helluva opportunity there..

3DS-It-Prints-Money.gif

Someone needs to replace the 3DS with a Minecraft block being pickaxed. Keep the falling money just as it is.

UberTag

Not to mention NO VITA BUNDLE. Man, Sony missed a helluva opportunity there..
That would require Sony to actually want to sell Vita hardware outside of Japan.
They clearly have no interest in doing that no matter how much of a license to print money a Minecraft bundle would be.
They want Vita DEAD.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Hopefully, the vita version comes out pretty quickly.
Random Minecraft question.
Could they create dlc from the pc community mods out there and launch it for consoles? Is it even possible?
If by Mods you mean Texture Packs? Sure.
If by Mods you mean Custom maps? Sure.
If by Mods you mean things that modify the game structure? Heck no. I'm 110% positive the console versions aren't Java Based. So that goes out the window without any further explanation. Right?

BstnRich

I may be mistaken or someone may have said this and I missed it; if you buy the PS3 version now you can upgrade to PS4 for $5 and get Vita version free. Correct if wrong.

Cornbread78

If by Mods you mean Texture Packs? Sure.
If by Mods you mean Custom maps? Sure.
If by Mods you mean things that modify the game structure? Heck no. I'm 110% positive the console versions aren't Java Based. So that goes out the window without any further explanation. Right?

No idea tbh, my daughter has all sorts of mods on her laptop and asked me if they would work in PS4.. She even had Pokémon, but that obviously wouldn't be one of them..

BY2K

Membero Americo
Dématérialisée? Seriously? That's their translation for "digital"?

Why is French so bad at video game terms!?

Abylim

World size is apparently 5172x5172 blocks, up from 862x862 on the other console versions.

Oh, I thought it was 50,000 ish x 50,000 ish. Disappointing, I swear someone even said 56 times bigger than ps3 ver, or something

Krakn3Dfx

I don't know why I get excited about new console versions of Minecraft when I've already dumped like 400 hours into the PC version.

I'll totally pay the fiver to upgrade from the PS3 version to this though.

The XB1 version is confirmed for Friday, so maybe this rumor (does this count as a rumor?) is true. Or maybe Friday for PS4 as well? Does Sony allow for releases other than Tuesday?

Flunkie

Banned
how does this compare to the PC version? I like the idea of being able to sit down and play with my controller, but is it feature-complete?

Raven77

How does multiplayer work on ps4? Like me and my friends can have a persistent shared world or something?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I hope they find a way to patch it for infinite worlds. If my iPad can do it, my PS4 bloody should too

pS4 and vita will take ps3 saves? Will ps4 take vita saves? No cross play between them? (Would have liked vita/ ps4 vs cross play for local multiplayer without split screen)

Abylim

Please be out tomorrow!

Been looking forward to this for a long time.

The Xbone announcement makes me think this is more legit, so I'm allowing myself to hope

BY2K

Membero Americo
I have taken French for 5 years and have never seen that word. Always assumed it was digital or digitale if it was a feminine noun.

Exactly! The term they used translates in English to "dematerialize". Which, yes, kinda makes sense in definition, but "digitale" would be way easier.

Well after resisting the minecraft cult despite my two nephews best efforts, I guess I'm converted, will get this and find out how millions of people got so engrossed and sucked into the world's full of blocks.

Just a quick refresher. Minecraft is $20 on PS3/Vita (Cross-Buy). It's also $20 on PS4, but it's only a $5 upgrade if you own the PS3/Vita version. So you can get all versions for $25. I think it's worth it so I can have Vita and PS4. You can create worlds on PS3/Vita and export them to PS4, but not vice versa. If you buy the PS4 version first, you may need to pay full price to get the PS3/Vita version. I'm not sure.

Ah! J'ai eu la même réaction. Pourtant, le mot "digital" existe aussi...

Exactly! The term they used translates in English to "dematerialize". Which, yes, kinda makes sense in definition, but "digitale" would be way easier.
Actually, "numérique" is the preferred translation for that use of digital. Digital is supposed to only carry its literal meaning (ie to describe things pertaining to fingers). That's going by the Academie Francaise and my Signal Processing teacher 15 years ago who was adamant about that.

Dématérialisée is standard marketing newspeak while digital in French in that context is usually business/corporate speak (which is full of anglicisms).

Top Bottom