• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation France tweets: Minecraft PS4 digital release is coming tomorrow

xtradi

Banned
So that should come pretty naturally. Hell, that's probably the.time it took us to build our badass railway the first time we played it on 360.

Try it in survivor mode. Probably took weeks if not months to build railway lol.

If it only for 5$ to upgrade that would be day one for me. Well if they also provide rent-a-server ala BF3 so i can play the same world as others like on PC that would be swell.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
PS3 and Vita versions are cross-buy. If you buy them, you can then upgrade to PS4 version for $5. I don't think it works the same in the opposite direction.

So if I want the eventual Vita version and the PS4 version now, this is the best and cheapest way to go about it? Wonder if they will just throw them all together in a bundle for the same price with the upgrade, save me some clicks, lol.

FDC1

So if I want the eventual Vita version and the PS4 version now, this is the best and cheapest way to go about it? Wonder if they will just throw them all together in a bundle for the same price with the upgrade, save me some clicks, lol.

Yes, you can buy digital PS3 version right now (even if you have no PS3 or if you have no interest in this version), that'll give you Vita version for free and the discount for PS4 version when they'll be available.

Rvaisse

I have taken French for 5 years and have never seen that word. Always assumed it was digital or digitale if it was a feminine noun.

The right translation for Digital would be "numérique" in French.
Digital refers to "Digit", "les doigts", the fingers.
Digitale is used but it's a type of flowers here.

Numérique refers to "les nombres", the numbers wich doesnt work very well with Downloadable stuff.
so they went with " dématérialisé" wich means " without a physical matter"

Apparently it's out on Xbone this Friday, so this might well be true. I wonder when it's coming to Vita.
Hopefully ASAP. This cert test for XB1 and PS4 (the 2nd one) hasn't taken long at all. Just a matter of bug fixing, which you think would have taken less time on a game 36 times as small.

I honestly think the Vita has been a low priority for them. No excuses now though!

RulkezX

When does the store update? Is showing this month's plus games in the UK so I assume it's done? No Minecraft showing anyway.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I've tried, multiple times, to like Minecraft. I just don't. My stepdaughter loves the game and play a lot of hours of it, but I just can't. I don't like games without a purpose in general. I feel that there's no challenge on it.

I know a lot of people (60 million people, to be more precise) love the game. I believe it's just not for me.

How do you feel about Lego? I kind of correlate the enjoyment of Minecraft with my enjoyment of Lego, in that I can just think things up on the spot and utilise my imagination to create an environment around me. Mind you I'm 23, so my imagination is starting to wane a little but playing these kind of games helps.

Yes, you can buy digital PS3 version right now (even if you have no PS3 or if you have no interest in this version), that'll give you Vita version for free and the discount for PS4 version when they'll be available.

If I just buy the PS4 version will I get the Vita version as well?

Are they cross buy?

will there ever be any mods, I look at yogscast recently and it is like they are playing another game they have so many or such extensive mods it is ludicrous.

I don't really regard this as particularly a console issue more that mojang should be offering minecraft on all powerful platforms with a tight enough mod framework to allow mods as DLC - paid or otherwise, because it feels like their game has bolted from its corral.

It doesn't look like it will be a part of the normal 3pm update today.

I guess we will wait and see if its pushed at a diffrent time today or later in the week or the PSN team do what they do best and delay it a full week.

Remark

Banned
will there ever be any mods, I look at yogscast recently and it is like they are playing another game they have so many or such extensive mods it is ludicrous.

I don't really regard this as particularly a console issue more that mojang should be offering minecraft on all powerful platforms with a tight enough mod framework to allow mods as DLC - paid or otherwise, because it feels like their game has bolted from its corral.
nah and if their are some they will be monetized like skins and texture packs.

Use remote play?

Minecraft isnt twitch game so i think it would work beautifully in remote play.

I am having a terrible remote play experience in my new apartment. The lack of a solid 5ghz connection means that I'm constantly riddled with interference. I cancelled my Playstation TV order because of it. That would be the best solution if it worked for me.

how does this compare to the PC version? I like the idea of being able to sit down and play with my controller, but is it feature-complete?

It's not as complete as the PC version is; they're still catching up on updates but have closed the gap on things that are missing.

It's hard to completely compare, as the console updates are a mix of updates on the PC, but as far as I remember, consoles still don't have horses (from PC v1.6, released last July) right? I know they are working on adding them for consoles.

Mods as DLC on consoles would be an issue with the limited world size. 5000x5000 is big, but not big enough to handle too many mods when it comes to resources (actual in-game mineable resources or the amount of resources it takes to make the mods actually work and play nice together). Oh, and translating everything from Java to C++ might take quite a bit of time, too.

Plus, 4J taking mods and bundling them as paid DLC is going to inflame some tensions between Mojang and the modmaking community when the current EULA prevents them from making any money off their mods.

FDC1

I'm French. It seems most, if not all, of the weekly update is up and no trace of PS4 Minecraft on the store. I don't think it will be up this week.

foxbeldin

I'm French. It seems most, if not all, of the weekly update is up and no trace of PS4 Minecraft on the store. I don't think it will be up this week.

Is it? Aren't we supposed to get the new ps+ games with the update? I don't see them.

FDC1

They don't appear in the PS+ section yet but you can find in the new section or by the search engine

BigDug13

I am having a terrible remote play experience in my new apartment. The lack of a solid 5ghz connection means that I'm constantly riddled with interference. I cancelled my Playstation TV order because of it. That would be the best solution if it worked for me.

Do you have the PS4 connected to the Internet via Ethernet? My performance was significantly improved when I limited the PS4's wifi to only doing remote play. I found that it struggles to handle the Internet and your Vita at the same time over wifi, even when not using the Internet in a game. I had to go with Ethernet power line adapters because of my house arrangement and it still improved my remote play experience.

Do you have the PS4 connected to the Internet via Ethernet? My performance was significantly improved when I limited the PS4's wifi to only doing remote play. I found that it struggles to handle the Internet and your Vita at the same time over wifi, even when not using the Internet in a game. I had to go with Ethernet power line adapters because of my house arrangement and it still improved my remote play experience.

I have the PS4 connected via ethernet. It still isn't working out well for me. I may spend a day trying different settings with my router. I have adjusted the radio number several times with no luck. :/

RulkezX

I have the PS4 connected via ethernet. It still isn't working out well for me. I may spend a day trying different settings with my router. I have adjusted the radio number several times with no luck. :/

Have you followed the trouble shooting tips on the RP thread? My PS4 is?connected to my router via WiFi (the 3rd different model I've had this year) and is worked flawlessly on all 3 routers without having to do anything at all.

I'd did switch back from 5Ghz though, as everything from my PS4 / X1) Ipad ran like shit on it.

GutZ31

Changing your radio frequency only helps with WiFi.
Make sure your PS4's IP address is manually set to an IP not used by any other device, and then in your router settings, place that IP address as a DMZ.
This usually fixes problems of online issues. You are looking for Nat type 2.

Top Bottom