• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Meeting 2011 | All Information in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
antonz said:
Its surprising just how ignorant alot of people are on this forum as far as gaming goes.
Those games play vastly different to a proper console FPS. With 2 analog sticks this can actually control well and be of similar level of a proper FPS game. Come on.

PSGames

Wario64 said:
H6eje.png

Sexy. Day 1 baby.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
So its about the same thickness as the PSP2000 (just a tad thinner) but a bit wider and taller.
12mm wider and 12mm taller.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
are we really going to go around calling it ngp until they come up for a real name for it

why not come up with a real name for it and then do the presentation

Totakeke

Noshino said:
Not the same.

Not only does the 3DS lack a second analog stick (and eye candy), but the 3DS won't be online all the time, 3G gives NGP the advantage. A Call of Duty game that is always connected online? psh, money money money!

So is magical 3g connections for real time multiplayer gaming.

Dwayne

Marrshu said:
...annnnnd with the lack of a price announcement, I just lost interest until E3.

Don't be surprised when nothing is announced until then either, this is staged information on purpose to keep your attention.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
gofreak said:
Good fucking show, Sony.

Now where's the PR with some specs...
It was posted twice now.

You were right about the GPU:

CPU ARM® CortexTM-A9 core (4 core)

GPU SGX543MP4+

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
JoeFenix said:
Basicaly no one announced any fucking games for this thing.... if this thing launches at the end of the year it's not gonna have much in the way of software.

The device is impressive but at the same time it just seems so unrealistic and unsustainable, we'll see where this goes but i'm not convinced at all.
you still have E3, GDC, TGS.

CHILL THE FUCK OUT BRO

_Xenon_

Banned
So the next gen hand held console battle is over before it's even started?

Damn those NGP lineups look really sweet. This thing better be lower than 399.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Begun the handheld wars have :)

Decent showing. Price is going to be crazy on this SOB, though. Still, good to see the rise of portable gaming. I have a feeling that this gen is going to be the gen that millions choose to go portable only.

Sophia

Dwayne said:
Don't be surprised when nothing is announced until then either, this is staged information on purpose to keep your attention.

The only thing that can keep my attention is price. Without it, I might as well go watch a tech demo of something.

rpmurphy

Noshino said:
Not the same.

Not only does the 3DS lack a second analog stick (and eye candy), but the 3DS won't be online all the time, 3G gives NGP the advantage. A Call of Duty game that is always connected online? psh, money money money!
How would that work without draining a ton of battery running the game and doing real-time network communication?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I own the ds and an original psp... have not played either in over a year and a half. I should probably stay away from portables.

MechaX

xKilltheMx said:
But near PS3 quality will be the portable draw. Dual analog too? Psh yeah id choose DS over NGP =/

Yeah, this is definitely approaching 2004 territory at this point.

But as for NGP, looks like some interesting stuff, but they lost my interest completely by not announcing a price. Now I have no real reason to even think about it until E3.

JoeFenix said:
Basicaly no one announced any fucking games for this thing.... if this thing launches at the end of the year it's not gonna have much in the way of software.

The device is impressive but at the same time it just seems so unrealistic and unsustainable, we'll see where this goes but i'm not convinced at all.

It is shipping at the end of the year and e3 is a few months away you expected everyone to show there all now?. How much games wise did we know about the 3ds 10 months or more before the show the other week?. Not alot.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
PlayStation Suite is seriously big news. Particularly since it seems like it won't be Sony-only? Licensing programme for hardware manufacturers plural?

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
People are actually surprised that Sony didn't announce a price? When this thing comes in at 10,000 or more Yen than the 3DS, there will be much air sucked through people's teeth.

Don't get me wrong, this is impressive kit and there are games I want on it. But the price announcements should bring the lols.

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
You'd have to assume that
1. US consumers would be willing to pay for an NGP for Call of Duty
2. US consumers actually want to play COD on a handheld
They are willing to pay for a glitchy game every year with bad support and broken online. US consumers are going to buy even more COD on consoles and now Handheld. They buy anything COD, just look at the sales from year to year.

Raistlin

StuBurns said:
Well I was blown away. SCE are too insane and awesome for logic.
Pretty much. The specs are just insane. Besides the processing power and res, you have dual capacitive touch, dual cameras, BlueTooth 2.1, 11 b/g/n, 3G, accelerometer and gyro, kitchen sink, etc.

MechaX said:
Yeah, this is definitely approaching 2004 territory at this point.

But as for NGP, looks like some interesting stuff, but they lost my interest completely by not announcing a price. Now I have no real reason to even think about it until E3.
if they dropped the price it would have been stupid because that would have taken all the attention away from everything else.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
it's not a new playstation until they've got a ridge racer game. maybe that's why they're calling it 'ngp'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom