• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

vAQE3Sf.jpg

Element4l is a beautiful game that is too hard to be fun.

I wrote about the game here:

http://vigilantgamers.com/2015/04/20/element4l-ps-vita-review/

Somebody decided to host my terrible opinions on their website.

autoduelist

So, Unlimited World Red is a pretty fun game so far, and looks absolutely lovely on my OLED Vita. It's definitely one of the better OP games I've played.

Now I'm regretting not getting it.

No thats not correct. Its what happens when you have someone that not only does not know English but Japanese as well do translations. The word that they were "attempting" to translate was 攻略 ”(n,vs) (1) capture; (2) (abbr) {comp} strategy guide; playing guide (e.g. for game); book of hints; (P)” which has nothing to do with penetration. Its basically floor clearing. Not penetration.

To clear a floor (or 'capture' an enemy or floor), you need to 'penetrate' enemy defenses. Certainly a terrible translation, but they're related enough that a terrible translator could make the mistake.

Only played Dino Crisis 2 back in the PSone days, playing both now back to back really blew my mind with how much they changed the formula.
They went from a true survival horror experience with great focus on puzzle solving straight to mindless arcade shooter. Damn.

Tizoc

Only played Dino Crisis 2 back in the PSone days, playing both now back to back really blew my mind with how much they changed the formula.
They went from a true survival horror experience with great focus on puzzle solving straight to mindless arcade shooter. Damn.

Hey man...arcade shooters are fun >=/

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Wasn't planning on getting anything from the flash sale, but I ended up grabbing One Piece UWR Vita. Mostly because I was planning on getting Neptunia U next month, but after watching some videos and reading some impressions of the Japanese version, I decided against it due to the game having virtually no difficulty whatsoever. So I guess if I need something for my Vita, I'd rather pay $9 for something that might be at least a bit challenging than $40 for something devoid of any challenge whatsoever.

Tizoc

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not fun, the drastic change in direction was surprising to me, that's all.

I've read about how divisive the major gameplay shift was, personally I find the tank controls to work against the game's favour, but I say that mainly as someone who likes run n' guns but DC2's tank controls feel very restrictive.

Li Kao

Hmm, so the used PS3 arrived today and I'm still in the phase where I wonder if the thing works correctly.

- The PS3 store is really, I mean really shitty / slow. I forgot it was that bad. Still, one time the store crashed to the media bar. Does it happen sometimes or should I be worried ?

- I'm trying to avoid any contact with the store, but when I click on "download to your PS3" I just get an error... without any description, geniuses. "Sorry yadayada, unable to queue yadayada".
Maybe it's because I didn't activate automatic updates ? But then, I don't want the console to wake up at a certain time of the day, I just want it to download what I select on the PC store.

antibolo

Banned
Don't bother with the PS3 store. Yes it's really that bad. Buy everything from the Web front then go to your download list from your PS3 in account management to download your content. The download queue for PS3 is also kinda not working well.

kevin1025

Banned
Golden Week Sale soon (I hope)! Anything anyone wants to pick up next week or hoping to see on sale?

I'm hoping for discounts on Ys: MoC, Oreshika and Resonance of Fate. Good prices as is, but a little bit less wouldn't hurt.

Nudull

Banned
Golden Week Sale soon (I hope)! Anything anyone wants to pick up next week or hoping to see on sale?

I'm hoping for discounts on Ys: MoC, Oreshika and Resonance of Fate. Good prices as is, but a little bit less wouldn't hurt.

I hope Danganronpa and the Tales games get marked down again.

Demon Gaze, because I have at least five people that told me they were getting it the moment it went on a sale.

That too.

Wishes for golden week:

Vagrant Story
Parasite Eve 2
Tales of Hearts R

I keep hearing good things about Demon Gaze, I might check it out with a good discount.
Would also give SAO a shot for the right price.
Lots of decent jrpgs on vita but nothing worth paying more than 20 for imo.

Guys I'm gonna play P3P again with the FeMC but I want to give her the canon name but I'm finding conflicting opinions on the web... Is Makoto Yuki the name for both boy and the girl protagonists? Which of the two is the first and the last name?

HGH

Banned
For years, Minato Arisato was the name of the guy, so people decided the girl was named Minako (the ko suffix usually denotes a girl name). However, the movies recently came out and changed P3 protag's name to Makoto Yuki.
In both cases these go in the order of first name/last name.

For years, Minato Arisato was the name of the guy, so people decided the girl was named Minako (the ko suffix usually denotes a girl name). However, the movies recently came out and changed P3 protag's name to Makoto Yuki.
In both cases these go in the order of first name/last name.

First name: Makoto.
Last name: Yuki.

Is this correct?

RK128

My most wanted games to go on sale for Golden Week is Neptunia Rebirth 2 and one of the Miku tittles :). The former would be nice to go alongside Rebirth 1 and the latter to get a game I heard Gaf gush about so much but never got around to buying.

Would also love some surprise PS1 and PSP JP games to go on sale (getting Parasite Eve 1 and 2 for 3 bucks apiece sounds great in my book :D).

autoduelist

My golden week wishes are...
hmmm.
#1 - Brandish
#2 - Eye of Judgement PSP
#3 - Ys Vita
#4 - ?????????

I'm sure there are other things I want, but if I can get all those at a reasonable price I'll be psyched. I doubt they'll reach my insta-buy prices though so I'll spend a week in turmoil debating what to buy before finally breaking down and getting everything.

- The PS3 store is really, I mean really shitty / slow. I forgot it was that bad. Still, one time the store crashed to the media bar. Does it happen sometimes or should I be worried ?

Normal. They overextended themselves the last store revision and destroyed it. They never had enough memory reserved for it in the first place, they should have kept the original version.

Etria

Wow, I forgot Golden Week is next week :D

I'm hoping for discounts on RPGs of any sort on the Vita, and hopefully there will be more PS1/PSP games on sale.

My 32 GB memory card is full though. I want to hold out for a potential announcement of larger memory cards before I contemplate upgrading to a 64 GB...

By the way, does anyone know if Sony can update the firmware to allow for microSDs to be compatible, or is it also a size issue with the slot built solely for the proprietary cards?

My golden week wishes are...
hmmm.
#1 - Brandish
#2 - Eye of Judgement PSP
#3 - Ys Vita
#4 - ?????????

I'm sure there are other things I want, but if I can get all those at a reasonable price I'll be psyched. I doubt they'll reach my insta-buy prices though so I'll spend a week in turmoil debating what to buy before finally breaking down and getting everything.

Normal. They overextended themselves the last store revision and destroyed it. They never had enough memory reserved for it in the first place, they should have kept the original version.

Is Eye of Judgement on PSP playable on Vita? I love Hearthstone.. will I like Eye of Judgement?

SerTapTap

I don't think I'll be able to finish *w* Quintet before release, it's really long. If you've pre ordered it already I assume you know what you're getting into and I'd recommend keeping the preorder, personally. I'll try to have some form of review up but I'll slap this here for those interested:

-Combat system is great, very complicated, so complex you can ignore a fair few mechanics and still get by fine most of the time.
-FFX style turn system where you manage the delay of your attacks and turn order, combo attacks when allies turns line up
-Multiple actions per turn based on weapon proficiency
-FFX style "sensor" that shows elemental weaknesses, and also status weaknesses, and abilities. You get a crazy amount of info mid battle and it's pretty great
-Characters have default roles but you can easily break out of them just by switching gear and learning skills
-Nothing is TOO broken combat wise, other than special skills sorta (roughly EXE skills from Neptunia). Managing SP is very important.
-Game is too easy for too many chapters, playing on hard might be best (I haven't tried hard yet). It just started being kinda challenging in chapter 6 (9 chapters I think). There is also an easy mode for babbies
-The story is basically what you expect for better or worse. Not as good as Neptunia in terms of characters/story/art style either. Far less references.
-Missables, but if you know they're coming it's not a big deal. Do all sidequests before advancing story, EVER
-Fields are way bigger and more interactive than Neptunia. You revisit often with new abilities to get some extra goodies. Map movement is fast, with fast travel points, and an unlockable even faster movement speed
-There is a button to mute the mid-battle singing (a limit break sort of deal) and the actual idol show stuff is entirely optional/skippable
-I'm 56 hours in, at chapter 7 (of 9? 10? I think?), like 10 of those hours are from leaving the PS4 on overnight, but it's pretty long. Or, JRPG length perhaps I should say

...that was supposed to be short. I don't do short well

Top Bottom