• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

Yasumi

Banned
JP Umihara trophies are up. Did a quick Google translate then smoothed out the descriptions.

To wait meet day goodbye
Get all of the trophies

The beginning of the journey
Clear "Sayonara Umihara Kawase +"

One step away
Unlock all the fields

End point
Clear all doors

Old-fashioned
Play "Umihara Kawase (first generation)"

Umihara hermit
Clear "Umihara Kawase (first generation)"

All set
Clear the field with all of the characters

Outdoor recommendation of
Get one backpack

Backpacker
Get ten backpacks

Super Packer
Get 30 backpacks

Perfect Packer
Get all of backpacks

Ladle active building
Clear tadpole

Kani-dama
Clear crab

Tetchiri
Clear porcupine fish

Hole Akiotama
Clear tadpole 2

Crab cream croquette
Clear crab 2

Promenade
Play survival mode

Walk mania
Clear survival mode

Stroll master
Clear all routes of survival mode

Art appreciation
Check out an illustration in the gallery

Painting collector
See all the illustrations in the gallery

Music appreciation
Play a song in the gallery

Happiness ears
Play all music in the gallery

Theory school
View all cheat notes in the gallery

Demon of review
View a how-to-play video of a level you've already cleared

Intense research
I see all of the how-to-play videos

Narcissist
Play your own replay 10 times

Mercy useless
Capture the tadpole after beating it

Alley
Clear the secondary door in a field

Mid-minded
Lose a life while holding a backpack

Greed
Get two backpacks at the same time

Half - baked
Lose 20 lives in a single field

Serving
Lose 50 lives in a single field

SerTapTap

Interested in Umihara kawase impressions, about to preorder on AmiAmi. From what I played of the 3DS version, language barrier shouldn't be a big deal.

antibolo

Banned
Kinda salty I bought the 3DS version at its crazy launch price instead of waiting for this much superior, cheaper version.

Also they kept the original name intact.

SerTapTap

Kinda salty I bought the 3DS version at its crazy launch price instead of waiting for this much superior, cheaper version.

Yeah 3DS western release kinda feels like a dick move, digital only, on that platform of all things, at that price. I bought it at a decent but not amazing discount. $20 + the SNES game (first time it's been localized, right?) is pretty damn great though, enough to justify digital only.

Damn shame about that art style though. 2D might have looked nice with more stylized characters.

I haven't been able to put down Demon Gaze the last few days. It's pretty good! I'm close to challenging Hermes now and doing well with a party of Gazer, Samurai, Ranger, Paladin and Healer. So far it has the perfect difficulty for my taste (and ability).

If it's part of the Golden Week sale y'all need to get it.

Oh and I hope Umihara Kawase won't take too long to come to EU PSN. Almost preordered the JP version but this is so much better. :)

Producer

I dont regret buying it at $30, but i feel like it should of launched cheaper. Alot of people were turned off by the price. Hopefully the Vita version does better.

AsfaeksBR

Has anyone talked about this here, how the Vita Lounge got its own e-magazine?

Just got a quick look at it, and it's amazingly edited. I don't enjoy reading on monitors that much, specially when the background is white. But since there's no option to download it to the phone
to read it on the toilet
, I'll read it later.

Ventara

So the NIS teaser turned out to be a port for the PS4? Damn, I was hoping for Vita.

Anyways, for Golden Week, I'm hoping for deep discounts on some JRPGs, like Atelier Ayesha.

Also pulled the trigger on Steins;Gate. I would hate it if they announced a NA LE after the EU one releases.

RK128

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1033036&page=100000#footer

Has anyone talked about this here, how the Vita Lounge got its own e-magazine? With Greg Miller already expressing interest to write for the next issue?

This is so awesome. Who do I talk to to contribute? I'd love to help in any way possible.

TOTP: Put your Vitas down and go read the magazine, it's quite good!

Didn't get a chance to respond to this sooner, but I would love to help out with this :D! It would be not only a great way to flex my writing abilities (as I am an English Major), but I can help spread the word on the Vita to people who may not own one or who would just love to talk about the Vita.

This is great news :), as this is Vita love being spread further across the web and I would love to help out if I can :D.

Nudull

Banned
*read Shizuka's review of Hyperdevotion Noire*

UH4Y0Js.gif

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1033036&page=100000#footer

Has anyone talked about this here, how the Vita Lounge got its own e-magazine? With Greg Miller already expressing interest to write for the next issue?

This is so awesome. Who do I talk to to contribute? I'd love to help in any way possible.

TOTP: Put your Vitas down and go read the magazine, it's quite good!

Thanks for the plug, names2hard4you. :)

Been a long time coming, and glad to be able to share it with you guys. As for talk about contributing, you'd talk to me I suppose - however we're already locking down issue two as not to get thrown off course too far by the launch.

Tizoc

Nudull

Banned

Been a long time coming, and glad to be able to share it with you guys. As for talk about contributing, you'd talk to me I suppose - however we're already locking down issue two as not to get thrown off course too far by the launch.

I'd be happy to do some writing. :)

Ventara

What do you guys think the chances are of SAO: Lost Song getting a physical release in NA? I'm thinking of importing it, but I'd much rather have a NA copy. That way I can import Moe Chronicles instead. Also, is P-A the best deal? For preorders, I usually import from Amiami, but I can't find the games on there.

Let's say somebody isn't into the visual styling of Sayonara UmiharaKawase but that person really loves 2D platformers for their Vita. Should they pay $20 for this game? Honestly the videos do not make this game look very good. The game looks super easy. Am I wrong on this?

RK128

If you need any one for writing, please PM me as I would be happy to help :D.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
What do you guys think the chances are of SAO: Lost Song getting a physical release in NA? I'm thinking of importing it, but I'd much rather have a NA copy. That way I can import Moe Chronicles instead. Also, is P-A the best deal? For preorders, I usually import from Amiami, but I can't find the games on there.

No idea as Bandai Namco has not made any sort of official statement on it yet. Would like to think they will say something in regards to the game come E3 though.

Tohsaka

Dunno, I just pre-ordered it from Play-Asia anyway since the game doesn't even have a western release date yet.

I'd be happy to do some writing. :)

If you need any one for writing, please PM me as I would be happy to help :D.

I'll make sure to let VitaGAF know if we need anyone. I've already pulled Shizuka for some obscure-ish reviews, and I'm sure you guys could come in handy as things evolve as well. =)

The odds are way better than they were before SAO:HF was the #1 selling digital title in 2014, so I'd probably wait a little bit before jumping on the Asian English edition.

Ventara

No idea as Bandai Namco has not made any sort of official statement on it yet. Would like to think they will say something in regards to the game come E3 though.

Dunno, I just pre-ordered it from Play-Asia anyway since the game doesn't even have a western release date yet.

The odds are way better than they were before SAO:HF was the #1 selling digital title in 2014, so I'd probably wait a little bit before jumping on the Asian English edition.

Yeah, I was thinking there might be a chance since HF did so well. Tbh, I'm just hesitant on MC since it's a DRPG and not a card-type game like MonMon. Would've already preordered it if gameplay stayed the same (minus rubbing).

Producer

Let's say somebody isn't into the visual styling of Sayonara UmiharaKawase but that person really loves 2D platformers for their Vita. Should they pay $20 for this game? Honestly the videos do not make this game look very good. The game looks super easy. Am I wrong on this?

you couldnt be more wrong about the difficulty lol. Umihara Kawase is one of the best platformer series and this port is amazing. Also includes the SNES original. For $20 its an amazing price.

antibolo

Banned

Were you watching speedruns??

so what you're saying is Shovel Knight passes Mega Man X1 intro stage design school

No, seriously, I'm happy to see SK out on more platforms. Didn't like it as much as many, but it was fun and I'm glad I backed it. I think I liked it as an homage to Zelda 2 more than to Mega Man or Castlevania or whatever

Producer

This trailer makes it look like a slow easy game.

The thing is that the game is physics based, so you really cant go around jumping about and using your zip line recklessly or you'll die. Not to say that the game is slow or anything, once you get a good grip on the mechanics you can clear stages pretty quick.

Literally never heard of Calameo before this

Looks pretty slick, I wonder if I could make a magazine about DIY cat toys

Really good looking magazine btw, looking forward to many more

Top Bottom