• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread l January 2017

RK128

2009. Sequel released in Japan on PSP that same year. NISA released a PSP game in 2013 in the west, lol.

o_O?! No wonder why the game didn't get it's sequel localized X(. The original released really late in the PSP's life span in NA, so many likely ignored it or didn't get a chance to play it :(.

We did get stuff like Summon Night 5 and Brandish get localized for the PSP in 2015 for example, so who knows.

I downloaded the Persona 20th Anniv theme from the JP PS store. Is there any way to use this theme with my non JP accounts on the same system?

Bowl0l

I downloaded the Persona 20th Anniv theme from the JP PS store. Is there any way to use this theme with my non JP accounts on the same system?
If it's PS4 or PS3, use that account to download to the system. Then switch to any account you want to setup the theme.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
That looks promising, maybe we will hear more about the project as further information comes out.

I forgot to specify that platforms aren't announced, so it may not be a vita game, in any case we'll know it on 16 or 17 of this month.

I just had to delete some games from my hard drive for the first time.

I feel

strange

help!

Any good guidelines for managing the fridge?

Bowl0l

I'm trying to play FFXV soundtrack for the first time. But I always get the message:

The /MUSIC directory could not be found.
Make sure the USB storage has a /MUSIC directory.

What should I do?

I'm trying to play FFXV soundtrack for the first time. But I always get the message:

The /MUSIC directory could not be found.
Make sure the USB storage has a /MUSIC directory.

What should I do?

Make sure your USB device is FAT32, and that it has a PS4/MUSIC directory (ie; a MUSIC folder inside a folder called PS4, which is in the root of the USB drive).

dracula_x

Live Events Viewer app will be discontinued

iDZqrc7.png

I can't decide whether I want to buy another PSTV or not. Real first-world dilemma going on here haha.

I have 2 x Vita on my EU account and 1 x PSTV. Tbh I don't use my PSTV much but I like having it as a "future-proof" tool to play compatible Vita & PSP games maybe 10 years down the line when the batteries on the handhelds have died (plus upscaled PS1 games which can be played with DS4, rather than DS3 via PS3).

I have a US account that I'm planning on using to play some PSP/PS1 games which are only available on the US store (stuff like Breath of Fire IV; Class of Heroes; Legend of Dragoon; Kenka Bancho; the Mega Man games; Summon Night 5 etc.) I was just going to buy (yet another) Vita to play them on, which I've begun saving up for (planning on getting the new white model from Japan).

But if I want to future-proof the USA account, I really need to buy a PSTV now before they all disappear. I've found one from an import site for ~ £85 which is more than I'd like to pay but I'd rather have a new one than a pre-owned one. I'd also rather have a white one to match the white Vita I'm intending to get lol.

Meh.

I can't decide whether I want to buy another PSTV or not. Real first-world dilemma going on here haha.

I have 2 x Vita on my EU account and 1 x PSTV. Tbh I don't use my PSTV much but I like having it as a "future-proof" tool to play compatible Vita & PSP games maybe 10 years down the line when the batteries on the handhelds have died (plus upscaled PS1 games which can be played with DS4, rather than DS3 via PS3).

I have a US account that I'm planning on using to play some PSP/PS1 games which are only available on the US store (stuff like Breath of Fire IV; Class of Heroes; Legend of Dragoon; Kenka Bancho; the Mega Man games; Summon Night 5 etc.) I was just going to buy (yet another) Vita to play them on, which I've begun saving up for (planning on getting the new white model from Japan).

But if I want to future-proof the USA account, I really need to buy a PSTV now before they all disappear. I've found one from an import site for ~ £85 which is more than I'd like to pay but I'd rather have a new one than a pre-owned one. I'd also rather have a white one to match the white Vita I'm intending to get lol.

Meh.

In fact, question about this. For anyone out there who imported a Japanese Vita TV - are circle and x switched on that like they are on Japanese Vitas?

In fact, question about this. For anyone out there who imported a Japanese Vita TV - are circle and x switched on that like they are on Japanese Vitas?

Haven't done it personally, but have heard first hand accounts from many that have - and yep. You won't get the Featured tab either, which is worth the button swap IMO. Fuck that thing.

Can you game share on PS4 exactly like you can on XBONE? In different houses on different networks?

I don't know about how XBONE works, but you can game share across networks and distances no problem. Not sure the exact limits, but what you're asking is possible.

Haven't done it personally, but have heard first hand accounts from many that have - and yep. You won't get the Featured tab either, which is worth the button swap IMO. Fuck that thing.

Thanks. That's both good and bad I guess, if I import a PSTV it'll match my imported Vita's button setups at least.

Where is all the sales??

I have about $100 sitting in my account from the holidays.

Seemed like we had them every week for several months.

We're in the post-holiday slump. There should be a flash sale later this month, so I'd aim for waiting 'til then - the weekly sales are probably going to be garbage.

RK128

Hello guys!

Sorry for the lack of updates, review links and other stuff I promised for this thread. Been really busy and trying to figure things out honestly. But I will have stuff coming to this thread again tomorrow with review links and news links for everything I covered so far.

Have a great night everyone and happy we hit over 70 posts!

Li Kao

How are DQ Builder and World of FF on Vita ? Good versions or should I wait for me inevitably buying a ps4 ?

How are DQ Builder and World of FF on Vita ? Good versions or should I wait for me inevitably buying a ps4 ?
Builders is fine, but I'd honestly probably wait for the PS4 on WOFF.
Graphics don't normally bother me much, but WOFF is pretty darn rough so if you have the option...

DQ Builders is tons of fun on vita, it's a really good game on the go. I have 10$ store credit and want to pick up a ps1 classic or something and I need some recommendation idk if I want an RPG right now because I'm currently playing through Persona 4 Golden.

Reset

DQ Builders is tons of fun on vita, it's a really good game on the go. I have 10$ store credit and want to pick up a ps1 classic or something and I need some recommendation idk if I want an RPG right now because I'm currently playing through Persona 4 Golden.

Try Malicious Rebirth.

Billfisto

Does anyone have Clustertruck for PS4? If so, could they check what version it's at? The publisher is insisting Sony and them both see a patch, but mine's still at 1.0. I've tried checking for updates and downloading fresh with no luck.

I'm really curious if anyone else actually got the patch.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Now that the Switch was fully revealed what will Vitabros and Vitasis do? Would you jump at d1, wait or you aren't sold at all?

I'm in the wait and see camp, Vita has still many interesting games coming so i'm not in a hurry, if i have to be honest i would prefer a win 10 handheld, but i'll wait for a GPD Win 2 or 3 or some good tablet + controller solution... while we are at it do you know if there is an extensible gamepad controllers for tablets with some kind of usb out?

RK128

Now that the Switch was fully revealed what will Vitabros and Vitasis do? Would you jump at d1, wait or you aren't sold at all?

I'm in the wait and see camp, Vita has still many interesting games coming so i'm not in a hurry, if i have to be honest i would prefer a win 10 handheld, but i'll wait for a GPD Win 2 or 3 or some good tablet + controller solution... while we are at it do you know if there is an extensible gamepad controllers for tablets with some kind of usb out?

Wait and see camp for me.

The Vita is getting games in 2017 and 2018 but I like Nintendo handhelds. So I will get the Swtich at some point, as Nintendo does well making handheld games.

I will NOT get it day one, as I want to see how Sonic Project 2017 runs on Switch and see Mario Odyssey to release.

Day 1. I skipped Wii U and Switch is getting 90% of the games I wanted for that platform.
I'll still own and buy games for my Vita, though, of course.

I'm trying to install a new hard drive on my PS4 and I keep getting error codes when trying to install the software from my thumb drive. At first it was saying it couldn't find the file so I put it in its own folder like it says on the website and now it says the update file can't be used. I'm about to break my PS4 in half. Please help

I'm trying to install a new hard drive on my PS4 and I keep getting error codes when trying to install the software from my thumb drive. At first it was saying it couldn't find the file so I put it in its own folder like it says on the website and now it says the update file can't be used. I'm about to break my PS4 in half. Please help
You made sure you downloaded the OS, not just the latest update?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Hey guys. Been a long time since I've been in here. So, with the Switch being a complete and utter disaster it has me weeping for the future of handheld gaming. So I'm gonna get back in to the Vita. Played through Steins Gate 0 but other than that I've really been neglecting the system in my Switch hype. Well with my Switch hype all but dead now, gotta get back in to the GOAT handheld.

Just bought myself Root Letter. Am I in for a good time, GAF?

This is kinda random, folks, but..

If I had a hand full of $50 psn codes I wanted to sell in the BST thread here on GAF, what would be a fair/the best price?

$45 or $40 each? Opinions?

This is kinda random, folks, but..

If I had a hand full of $50 psn codes I wanted to sell in the BST thread here on GAF, what would be a fair/the best price?

$45 or $40 each? Opinions?
I'd say $45 but you'll wanna see what others are selling them for in the thread.

Just bought myself Root Letter. Am I in for a good time, GAF?
It's alright. Definitely has flaws. It's like a solid 6/7 out of 10.

Reset

I'll pick up the Switch since it'll be the only way to play Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Smash,etc. But I'm not going to buy it day one, I'll wait a year or two or until it gets a ~$100 price cut. No need for me to pick it up day one when I already have so many games that I haven't touched yet. :I

I'm absolutely wait & see. I've got enough Vita games in my backlog already to last me the whole of 2017. And with releases in 2017, I'm probably good for most of next year too.

I'm definitely interested, but that price is a detterent and there's nothing announced so far that's particularly interested me. Call me when Falcom & Gust show up.

Takao

Banned

There is no incentive to buy Nintendo handheld hardware on day-1. They always get revisions that improve on the original's failings. Even if it I ignored that, the thing is $400 CAD and each game is $80 CAD. That's way too much for a handheld. Even if I were to pretend it was a console, one of the controllers is $100 CAD ...

I need more than what has been revealed for me to care. First party Nintendo is great and it's nice to see that at least Nis wants to give it a shot with a heavy hitter, but in more recent years, niche games pull me in more than first party. I want to see the movement of more niche developers before I consider it. I also want to see whether or not the system bombs right away, because I don't want another WiiU situation where I buy one and sell it within a year because the release schedule is a barren wasteland.

Have a weird issue with my Vita. Hadn't played it for some time. Tried turning it on and the screen would not light up. Nothing, but the power button would blink blue, so I know it wasn't completely dead. Tried some simple stuff -- popped the game that in it out and back in. Got the lock screen but it would not unlock. Head the power button for a while and got the safe mode menu. I chose to rebuild the database. It restarted. Screen unlocked this time.

But ... all my shit is gone. Bubbles and games are gone, except for one digital game and the game on the inserted card. Rebooted, removed and reinserted the memory card. Did that again. Same result. I can see the data is still there when I look at the available memory on the card, but it's just not

Should I rebuild the database again? Other ideas?

EDIT: OK, I rebuilt the database and SOME of the games reappeared... WTF? What gives with this shit?

EDIT2: Seems like my memory card is straight up fucked. This happen to any other Vita owners here?

L.O.R.D

Okey guys,i need your help here.
i just bought Batman AK GOTY edition (EU version) from local store,i used the code on my (Saudi Arabia/EU account)
made new user on my PS4 and put that EU account on my PS4 and set it as primary
downloaded all the DLCs and update (16GB only for DLCs).
i can see them on my EU account.
logged out and logged in on my NA account,it's already primary
launched the game,can't see the DLC,what should i do?

also,is there a way to change my profile name in the PS4? not the PSN name
i made it like this
LORD
LORD

i want to change it like this
LORD NA
LORD EU

so i can remember which one has some DLC.

Cha

Hey guys, I only own a Vita right now, and am getting a PS4 in a few days. Did some research about importing games for PS4 and it sounds pretty much like Vita; i.e. physically bought will play fine, patches work, dlc won't work unless you buy from same region as the game, saves are locked to account. Am I understanding this correctly? Or am I missing something important?

L.O.R.D

Hey guys, I only own a Vita right now, and am getting a PS4 in a few days. Did some research about importing games for PS4 and it sounds pretty much like Vita; i.e. physically bought will play fine, patches work, dlc won't work unless you buy from same region as the game, saves are locked to account. Am I understanding this correctly? Or am I missing something important?

pretty much,DLC and cross save wont work unless from the same region.
but you can remote play to Vita without problem.

Any ideas when we'll start seeing the weekly deals (NA) again?

No idea but its never been like this before, with the PS+ price hike and lack of better plus games I figured we'd start getting better sales, nope, they've been almost non existent for a few weeks now. Hopefully its just temporary.

Top Bottom